(Archive) Advertising District / A Little Something

• Ride6%s's Photo
    A little something I've been working on these days.

Posted Image

Ride6
  • Milo%s's Photo
    looks cool but why show the whole thing man?
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    reminds me of vortex
  • nin%s's Photo

reminds me of vortex

yep. :nod:

it's looking great, btw.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

looks cool but why show the whole thing man?

People never post whole layouts anymore. It's about time someone did...

Ride6

EDIT: And it looks like Vortex because (imo) it has the most interesting "flat land" layouts of all the Arrow mega loopers. I've only been on Anaconda (of the big ones) personally...
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    ahhhh, i love it. it reminds me of some of RRP's recent work.
  • J K%s's Photo
    That support work is really nice. Just match your archy to the quality and appeal of that coaster and your'll have a really nice section.

Dare I ask is this a design random shizzle or hopefully an area of a solo?
  • eyeamthu1%s's Photo
    Yeh, I really like this. Usually I'm not a fan of people going all-out on the custom supports, but this works really well.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    dunno about little :p

it definately has a vortex-ness about it :)
    im not too sure about the tangle of grey supports in the middle, however it is an extremely well thought out layout.
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    The supports under the loops aren't working for me. Everything else looks nice.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Love the layout however I'm not a big fan of the supports. The hil after the first drop looks off with the diag supports. Just me though as I'm sure it looks better in game.

Glad to see your still playing.

James
  • ClockworkMyr%s's Photo
    Looks like a combination of Millennium Force and Viper (SFMM). :)

Edited by ClockworkMyr, 16 February 2009 - 03:39 PM.

• Ride6%s's Photo

The supports under the loops aren't working for me. Everything else looks nice.

Posted Image

GTFO.

They're a little odd but it's the best I could do really... Running supports off the back of the loops like the real one's have looks like shit in the game... I'll see if I can find a way to pull it off but they always either glitch or look like they're not touching depending on the angle... Choose your poison I guess... Anyway.

Thanks for all the comments. The supports, particularly the diagonal bits are a bit strange, but I like em. *shrugs*.

Ride6
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    This one deserves some consideration... I think I really like what you have here. The layout is very Arrow. I certainly get the Vortex feel from this, sadly (I suppose it wasn't that bad!). You build on a large scale then I tend to, which throws me off some. So it's interesting for sure. The custom supports look great. Although it's awfully busy, I think they're working right at the moment. Looking forward to how you finish out underneath and around the ride-- it'll really make it even better!
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    I'm not sure about this one. It just seems like too much of the coaster track is really high up there and I don't see how this can really be themed. It's an alright layout, but like everyone says, it's like an average Arrow layout. Definitly nothing bad, just not jaw dropping.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I know you're trying to be realistic but I don't like the supports.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Damn Ride6, you just OWNED him.
    -JDP

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading