Music Forum / With Roots Above And Branches Below

• Lloyd%s's Photo
    So what do people think? I don't know how many TDWP fans are on here, but still...

I bummed off plagues, so i was expecting big things from this album. In all fairness, i'm not disappointed. It's heavier than plagues, and saves the soaring melodies for the choruses, which incidently, are epic.

Some really nice synth work in there, with a lot of open piano sections.

Great lyrics, as per usual, some tasty beatdowns. All in all i am pleased :) I think it's a solid album that lives up to the hype. It's not mind blowing, but it is good shit.

Although, on a side note, i do feel that Dez Moines is one of the best tracks on the album, and i never like when a band releases the best track(s) first. But Louderr Than Thunder is pretty epic.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    sorrry for the late reply lol.
    i havent been on this site in years, and just yesterday i randomly decided to make an account and join up again.

but yeah bro, i got a leaked version of this album several weeks ago, and its pretty sick.
    in comparision with plagues, i dont think its anywhere near as catchy and memorable, being that mikes vocals sound very repetitive in some parts, like the verses.
    the singing is of course amazing, and i really loved that the synth and piano were more prominent in the mix.
    overall, i wasnt too disappointed with this release, especially since another of my favorite bands (oceana) release an utterly horrible record (in comparision to The Tide)
    but yeah, i liked it quite a bit.
    it kept me company in my car for several days:]

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading