H2H5 / [H2H5] Round Robin | Round 1 | Match 3

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Which park is better?

1. Kidderbrook Amusement Park - Minutemen 20 votes [47.62%]
    Percentage of vote: 47.62%
  2. Eftelrama - Alpha Legends 22 votes [52.38%]
    Percentage of vote: 52.38%
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    okay you don't like it liampie we get it.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Very, VERY close...

Alpha Legands your park was great. I really liked the compact B&M and the coaster in the middle of the park was great as was its castle even if that was a little disjointed. The archy (mainly in the corners) was really good and I enjoyed that. You also had a good peep friendly vibe going and pulled off the invisable entries well mainly on the flats which all had great Qs. The only real dislikes I had were the invisible stalls and Duister Splash, I dont like seeing supports on water rides. Oh and the little mechanical coin horse almost got my vote on its own :p 8/10

Kinderbrook was a really good park, but I think you should be DQ'ed for paying CP6 to make a park for you ;) The coasters were both great and I liked all the detail you put into the flat rides with loading platforms and op booths. The only real beef I had was that there were no peeps in the park, or shops, but Elftelrama had that problem too. Then I see the custom restrooms, wow, best ever... then I spot the mini basketball court and had to throw down the vote for you guys. 8.1/10
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I'm gonna go with AL here.
    Although I'm not familiar with the background, i felt kinda dragged into it right from the beginning.
    And theres another example how custom music can add to the athmosphere ;)
    I especially liked the coaster in the middle (can't remember the name, it's dutch ^^) and the whole "being alive"-feeling all around. And I loved parts of the archy.
    Well done, guys! It held my attention for quite a while ;)

Minutemen - Sorry fellas... I'm just not feeling the whole "realistic" thing. Maybe we here in europe are used to theming that's "overdone" in real life and maybe even tending to be fantasy.
    But... well... it kinda bothered me that there were no peeps and that I had to open the rides on my own. One thin I really liked, though, was the pier section. It had quite a nice athmosphere.
    Overall, it just didn't have this special something... don't know. It was a close call, but the "getting dragged into it" got my vote on this matchup.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    There's no denying that it's a nice park, but Kidderbrook seems head-on determined to not stand out from any other park ever built. Realistic style doesn't mean taking no chances.
  • misterthom%s's Photo
    both of the parks were nice, but not really special.

I think kidderbrook was a bit boring, cause everything was closed, but there were nice details and good buildings. I do really hate the log flume, it adds nothing and is just placed there for no reason.

Eftelrama had some good things, like the "hobbelpaard" and the splash, but it was empty at some places. The atmosphere was great. I didnt reallyt like the big mountain in the middle, because it blocks things and you have to switch views all the time

I voted for eftelrama just because of the atmosphere and it was more fun to watch.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    damn, nice match and a lot closer than I thought....

Kidderbrook
    Pros- while this "no nonsense" realistic style usually isn't very appealing to me I have to give major props to you guys for adding in some fantastic details. I loved the sign for Cascade, the ferris wheel and its little picnic area, the basketball court, test of strength game, merchandise racks on the sidewalk, the custom bathrooms, etc. It is stuff like that which really make me appreciate a park like this and allow me to picture myself there. The boardwalk was also nice along with the flume station and all the little walkways and tables that catch your eye.

Cons- the park not functioning on opening didn't really seal the fate of this park but it was a little sloppy. Peeps could have really helped too. In the end this park was really inconsistant with most of the details I mentioned in the back corner and nothing real exciting in the rest. It wasn't really a clash of styles but more of a clumping of all the fun little details that hurt this. And the rides just weren't real appealing, good but not great imo and didn't help the park much.

Eftelrama
    Pros- a lot of fun to look around and a real fun style. The center castle was great if a little spread out. I really enjoyed the rides and all the interaction they had with their surroundings with peeps riding them; which is always are great for atmosphere and with this park it is no different. Most of the surrounding architecture was well done and I enjoyed a lot of the little things in this too.... like the games and mechanical horse, the windmills, the little dungeon area on the ghost train, etc. Had a great time exploring this park and the custom music was a nice addition.

Cons- not to be biased but the lack of english titles for the rides was kinda sloppy and I'm guessing much of the foliage was last minute. This park was really close to being too spread out, with major gaps between the architecture which lies in the corners. Most of the buildigns were a bit too large as well, I didn't mind the cenerpiece but most of the buildings were built on a similar huge scale.

Both parks were pretty even. They both had some great details, decent architecture, decent rides. Each had some sloppy aspects as well. In the end I went with Eftelrama because it had a more consistant atmosphere than Kidderbrook and peeps really made it that much more enjoyable. I had to delve into it more to find out what was on the map while with Kidderbrook everything was pretty much laid out and didn't need much of a second look. Really nice parks though guys, both teams should be proud and I think we can expect some great things in the future after these nice first week entries.
  • JDP%s's Photo

Kinderbrook was a really good park, but I think you should be DQ'ed for paying CP6 to make a park for you ;)

LOL come on Kumba, really?
    -JDP
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I'll review Minutemen's park later, but I will say I agree with liampie most. Nice park though guys..

Oh, and enjoy the new unreleased custom scenery ;)
    (yeah, I gave the team a workbench to play with)

SF
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo
    My initial reaction to the overviews was GREAT, two good parks, its going to be tough....and then I opened up both parks and gosh...I'm kinda disappointed really with both parks...So, I'm going to have to look them over several times for a day or two and then decide...
  • Brent%s's Photo

Anyone who isn't picking up at a lot of the little details (the windmill buildings, the coil-operated horse) in Eftelrama is really missing out on what makes the park tick. Initially I was really taken by Kidderbrook but only the woodie turned out to be terribly captivating. While the colors (particularly of the flowers) and arrangements in Kidderbrook make it more appealing from just a couple angles, the little nooks and crannies in Eftelrama are beautiful and easily missed from any single angle.

The custom music really brought that atmosphere alive as well.

Fantastic match-up though.

Ride6

I get it, but they don't really do anything for me. It was a quick fad that has come up and isn't really that great IMO. The coin-operated horse is kinda neat though, but I still think the Minutemen park is the better choice for this round (the first with parks that give the other a run for its money IMO). I may have to try and install the Deuce again to vote for it.

Edit: That wooden coaster is the best one I've seen in a long time. Better than that RRP one that came out recently.

Edited by The Beta Factor, 27 April 2009 - 04:55 PM.

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    Better than Merlin...really? uhh considering you haven't even seen it in-game makes your comparison very bleak to begin with.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Kidderbrook- not so nice buildings, but cool rollercoasters, layout and atmosphere

Eftelrama- nice from the overview, but generally more unfinished, awkward, and badly laid out. some of the architecture was nice, but some clashed badly and looked bad

Neither parks were that great, but I went with kidderbrook for the win.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    I agree there's not that much going on in any park. However, i feel there's a little bit more to see in Eftelrama.
    Kidderbrock looked very nice, but i saw nothing new, its theme was very generic and its atmosphere didn't really appeal to me. There were some cool details though, such as the wheelchair access and the little basketball game. The coasters were ok, but like i said before, i didn't feel there was something really special about this park.
    Eftelrama looked more alive. First, because of the peeps of course. Second because of its warm atmosphere. There were some flaws in archy, foliage and theming though. For example, the emptiness in the splash boats area, or the lack of details in some buildings. Anyway, what i like so much about this park is its theming, very appealing, and it was a good idea aswell.

Overall, my vote would go definitely to Eftelrama.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    i personally didnt like the woody,it was far to high
  • J K%s's Photo
    I voted Eftelrama.

Both parks were good for what they were but nothing jumped out and grabbed me.

Minutemen - Toilets were awesome,the woodie was also very nice. Your park seemed dead on opening however not sure if it was the closed season or not lol. It had all the aspects to be a great park but it needed something more to stand out from the other realistic parks we see.

Alpha Legends - I like the vision of this but I feel some of the execution of architecture was repetitive and not very inspiring. Don't get me wrong some structures were beutiful but they really stood out in comparison to the uninspired architecture that was created in some places.
    I noticed the horse and centre ride as being very good, as I've stated above some of the archy was bang on and did it's job to a good standard. It was also refreshing to hear the new music and feel what concpet you were going for.

Overall Alpha Legends park appealed as they went with a new concept, new music, new ideas. The New stuff wasn't amazing stuff but it was more interesting to me. I felt I'd seen Kipperbrook's structure before.

Great matchup. It's gonna be a tough call but congrats to both teams to finishing your parks to a good standard.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Voted for Efterama

I thought that Kinderbrook was a bit boring as how the rides weren't open and there was no peeps but there was some good stuff in their, i liked the boardwalk the most

Efterama was more exciting as to how it had an European park feel to it like that park with That silver coaster (minds gone blank). That spiral coaster was pretty long but that made it cool, the way it used the mountain was good and i thought the Compacted B&M would be fun to ride in real life even if is unrealistic.
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo
    OK...so I looked them both over for an hour..not a couple days :lol: and this was a close call but I chose Eftelrama.

While I liked the wooden coaster in Kidderbrook, I did not like the steel coaster and especially how the log flume was going through that coaster. The whole park seemed overcrowded to me, I'm thinking not much thought went into the park, or maybe the one person did some planning and the other just filled it in...it seemed like some rides were randomly placed as filler. The fact that the rides and the park was closed just contributes to the idea that the park was poorly planned or rushed. When people say the park is realistic...i say really? I've never seen a rambling log flume go through a steel coaster like that. Theming that flume and forgetting that steel coaster would have made for a nicer, more realistic park.

After viewing Eftelrama for awhile, it was really obvious to me that these parkmakers showed more forethought and planning and the overall look of the park wasn't messy. In my opinion, this is the more realistic park, with the exception that there would not be all those white buildings :) The buildings did seem a little repetitive in places, but overall the architecture was well done. The little details in the park were cool and the custom music was a nice touch.
  • Steve%s's Photo

Interesting match.

Minutemen
    This is together with Vampyre the most boring H2H5 park. I opened it, and there was totally no life. No peeps, no staff, no operating rides, no message except for the vote code. First impression: Dead.

How about you judge the park itself rather than judge whether or not the park is alive? Granted, shit should probably turn on when you open it and the peeps/staff may help, but I feel in the end, it's not necessary to penalize the park for it.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Code's not working... this system of voting seems ridiculous.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    KAP - a really nice, classic themepark. the layouts were well done and i loved all the little details, such as the entrance sign to Cascade, the height restrictions things, and the restrooms. i didn't really like the little kids area too much, though. the coaster looked a little pointless and i thought if anything the idea could have a been expanded on maybe a little bit.

Eftelrama - the best thing was the atmosphere. the architecture and everything came together to create a beautiful atmosphere. the rides were all nice and i especially loved the car ride, but if this atmosphere wasn't so good i don't think i'd vote for it.

btw, haven't read any of the posts yet - is Eftelrama unfinished? i saw a building that looked very much like it was unfinished, with some missing roof pieces and everything. however it was the only thing i could find that looked unfinished. if you guys didn't finish it, you did a damn good job of hiding it, though.

Vote: Alpha Legends.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading