H2H5 / [H2H5] Round Robin | Round 2 | Match 1

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Which park is better?

1. The Afterlife - Elementalists 5 votes [17.86%]
    Percentage of vote: 17.86%
  2. Sea World Sydney - Whzz Kids 23 votes [82.14%]
    Percentage of vote: 82.14%
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    ^You've voted before so I assume you put in both codes. Just check to see that you don't have them backwards in the boxes, or re-download the parks to obtain 2 new codes.
  • JiMeMo%s's Photo
    I am a little amused that Dark Janus' "Ghost Cell Crisis" was hailed as the best park of it's season, but the isometrics of the game make our team's park not work. :-p
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    I don't have much time to comment, but I'm dead sure which park I wanted to vote on.

I was sure from the overview that I would vote for the Elementalists. I opened up the park, and even though parts of it were slightly worse than I imagined them to be.. Wow. The devil's, the nicely rotating 4D, interesting things all around the place. Sure, some of the theming could be a bit better in places, but a great concept, some really nice little ideas. Near death experience, and lightning in a cloud. The freefall from heaven into hell. Kudos, major kudos to this park! I was really sure I'd vote for it.. until.

Good god. I open it up and right away I knew my vote would go to this park. I don't know how you got Atlantis Adventure to look so elegant. It's a coaster but it felt so perfectly at home in a water park. I'm not sure where the fronts of the cars went but it looks really suave this way. The volcanoes hacked in, the dome, everything looks pictoresque. Even though I'm not a fan of the ugly hacked elements, the coaster flowed so well it hardly seemed to matter. The supports fitted nicely everywhere. The station is more brilliance. Too bad i have to click on the see through ride button in order to see how beautiful the rapids are that are behind it. The seals look to be jumping with joy. Each and every building lovely, trees, flowers, coloring of the various track, everything comes together. This is one of the best, if not the best piece of LL I have ever seen. This might become my favorite park of the season! (and it has only just begun, looking forward to the rest more and more!)

The elementalists seem to evoke the best in other teams.. poor them. :(
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo
    i voted for Sea World...super job!
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    sea world was fucking perfect in so many ways... the parking lot, reverser cars as jeeps, deleting roofs, the atlantis cars, the fish tank, crystal bow of the boat, the dolphins, it was amazing... :D
  • robbie92%s's Photo

Oh and fuck you for putting what I think I can safely assume were Robbie, Gwazi and myself in hell with a sign telling people to throw things at us!

Hey, you know you've made it in the community when people put abused peeps of yourself in their parks... I'm happy! :D
  • 6000000flags%s's Photo
    Seaworld hands down, although Afterlife is by no means weak. Rhino Rally, bumper car fishies, T-Shirt stalls as rooves, and a pretzel loop in LL are some of its awesomeness. This would easily score a 15+ for a normal accolade. It even has stators on the aquatrax!

Afterlife was slightly confusing due to the two level sequence, and it gets worse by forcing you to change angles to see some details, which just makes everything wonky. Excellent 1/4 tile work, and all the rides were inventive. (A hospital station for Near Death Experience, spirit walk over nothing, abused peeps, highway to hell, and a head (or is it foot?) chopper on the 4d coaster with a torture machine. The downers were the perspective and it just didn't have some of the wow factor of the hacks on SWS.

If this round is like last (unlikely because more time to work on the later rounds) then Afterlife is Art of War all over again, beating most other parks entered.
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo
    The Afterlife was a pretty good park and you could tell a lot of hard work was put into it.
    The hell section was by far better than the heaven area. It had great theming elements, the devil sculptures were amazing and nicely placed. The layout was decent, and the atmosphere was spot on. However, the heaven area really drags down this park. The cloud was executed well, but that was about it. The rollercoaster meandered quite a bit too much and seemed way too stretched out...it didn't have to reach every single part of the park. Also I was dissappointed that the pearly gates were gold...I thought the coloring was off in the whole area...too heavy for the loftiness of heaven. I was also pretty dissappointed with the architecture throughout the park, quite repetitive and bland. Though I did really like the mirrored idea...worked very well.

Sea World was tough at first impression. The overview does not impress and my initial thoughts when opening the park were that it was clunky. But I slowly was won over. I don't think this park is groundbreaking or the best I've ever seen. But it is solid and consistent throughout. It has a flow to it that is generally hard to capture in rct and that the afterlife was lacking. The hacks were all used beautifully and quite effectively. The theming, landscaping and structures were also consistently a plus. The rollercoaster was also more effective in this park than the other.

So my vote went for the overall more consistent entry. And the one that reminded me of the golden age of rct.

Sea World.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I'm leaning towards the Elementalists on this one.

Sea World offered a lot of "new", but at the same time it didn't.
    For example, the pretzel has been done before, but just not to the extent of this. The "Sea World atmosphere" comes and goes whenever we have a SeaWorld type park come about. Yes, that's the point, but while not every SW park looks the same in real life, many in ll do. They have the same sandy, small buildings with blue/white decor, etc. etc..

I always tend to think that whenever anyone tries a SW park, they always forget about the show aspect of the parks, and only focus on the coaster/ride side. Sea World is not a coaster filled place, if you want a true SW park, keep them to a minimum and have more shows/ exhibits than coasters, or, which this option was not available, have a larger park where you can even out the ride/show balance. Not saying this was a coaster-filled park, b/c it wasn't.

Also, I don't get how people can say that a fantasy park isn't for them. They may say they lean towards realism, so we can just throw some catwalks and transfers, make every ride 8 cars per train and then you'll like the park right? I mean, if it has realistic elements than in no way shape, or form can it be fantasy right?
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    I voted for the Elementalists this time. I'll explain my vote later when I'm in the mood for a longer write-up.
  • Ozone%s's Photo
    Being in the minority that can only view the LL park, I must say that it would take a lot for the Afterlife to beat Sea World Sydney. So much awesomeness packed into this park. There was innovation, beauty and hacks and it all worked together better than I've seen before. I'm sure I haven't seen everything and I've been staring at this for quite awhile now. I loved the roofing and theming hacks everywhere that looked so beautiful. Guests was a nice touch to the park, something that I've never focused on because of the added trouble, but it is impressive.

Not only does this park impress from an RCT standpoint, but having also been to Sea World in San Antonio not long ago I think it captures the Sea World feel very well. It brought back memories of dropping my phone on "Great White" and then jumping the fence to get it since they wouldn't (couldn't) get it for me... uh oh.

Sea World Sydney was jaw-droppingly gorgeous. I wish I could vote for it - I feel bad that I can't.

Sorry to the Elementalists that I don't have RCT2, from the overview this park was pretty awesome - not something you see every day, that's for sure.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Afterlife is the one i like the contrast is really good and i like the theme.

Edited by olddtfan51, 06 May 2009 - 07:29 PM.

• Fisch%s's Photo
    first I wanna say: I could only open The Afterlife because I don't have LL here in the USA. When I'm back in Germany I'll make sure to take a look at SWS because it looks really amazing from the overview.
    The same thing I can also say about the overview of The Afterlife but this is probably gonna be a tough matchup again. It's a shame that it's gonna be fantasy vs realism (this time even in LL) for you, Elementalists, because I feel like your two parks would so far have beaten most of the other parks but you always seem to be in the wrong matchup! :(

Okay here's my opinion of The Afterlife:
    The overview as stated above looks awesome and when I opened the park I enjoyed the nice message. I like the hospital from which you start and the idea of going to hell or to heaven.
    It took me really long to look at the park which is a good thing but for the most part that had to do with me trying to figure out the park's layout. I had to put on the option "height marks on paths" to figure it out but that really wasn't a bad thing. I quite enjoyed being unable to tell where things were. But then I realized it all and I thought that the park was very well thought out. Maybe not so much in the individual parts of the two sections but the main idea is great! I loved the torture thing that the 4D coaster goes through and I love the colors of the heaven section. There were lots of nice details all over the park and all in all I really enjoyed it. I hope you can stay in the competition longer than just for the round robin because I enjoyed both your parks but I'm really feeling with you because of the fact that you're against such a strong park again!
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Since somebody brought up the custom message, it had to be shortened. The original is:

Judgement Day has arrived; will you ascend to the Pearly Gates or descend to the fiery depths of Hell? Welcome to the Afterlife.

• Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I'm definitely biased, but I would've voted for our team. With the two layers, I thought ours had a great contrast, a lot of neat details, and ton of high quality material for its size. My only thing against it is that Heaven was definitely nicer looking than Hell (which makes sense, as Hell probably wouldn't be picturesque), but Hell was probably the more interesting of the two (which also makes sense, though Heaven still held its own). Anyways, I'm very proud of my team, as this is my favorite h2h5 park so far.

Sea World Sydney was very nice too, so I can see why it's so popular. It's definitely one of the best LL parks I've seen in a while. The swing ride was impressive in its operation, and Atlantis Adventure was neat and well composed. Both have hacks I've wanted to do in Rct2, but I couldn't get quite right (the varying operation flatride and the frontless B&M cars). There were several other hacks throughout that worked well with the theme. And I liked the inclusion of a Rhino Rally type ride (it and the train ride kind of gave me the impression that it might be part of a larger Busch park). Anyways, I'm generally not as fond of the Sea World park theme (though it seems like they're usually very well done), and I really liked ours, so I probably would've gone with:
    Posted Image
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Fantasy is dead.... long live fantasy :)
  • 6000000flags%s's Photo

Fantasy is dead.... long live fantasy :)

No, I just think that having fantasy requires a good matchup. Art of War could have beaten half the parks last round but it lost to the best. The same may happen here.
  • misterthom%s's Photo
    I have LL installed, but i can topen the park
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

I have LL installed, but i can topen the park

option 1: drexler patch
    option 2: open the game, then go on load file, and open it from there

im not being a douchebag, its just mistakes you couldve made :p
    hope it helps.
  • misterthom%s's Photo

option 1: drexler patch
    option 2: open the game, then go on load file, and open it from there

im not being a douchebag, its just mistakes you couldve made :p
    hope it helps.

oke thx , its just that I installed LL for H2H and i never download LL parks

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading