H2H5 / [H2H5] Round Robin | Round 3 | Match 3

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Which park is better?

1. Park Asterix - Flying Germans 29 votes [69.05%]
    Percentage of vote: 69.05%
  2. The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman - Hurricanes 13 votes [30.95%]
    Percentage of vote: 30.95%
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Went for the flying germans here.
    Adventures of spider man just didn't really do much for me.

Asterix was right up my street though. Beautiful themeing and some cracking rides made a real treat. The woodie must be up for ride of the season (so far :) )
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Sent my vote over to the Germans. Great wooden coaster there. I just thought it was overall a more appealing park. Spiderman was very nice in most spots as well and had some nifty details (fire hydrants!), but I felt the other park was simply more skillful, tasteful, and overall just more beautiful. Not to mention I thought the Canes lacked in the rides department. Well done to both teams though!
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    In Spiderman i did feel a bit sorry for this little guy

Posted Image
    Being a window cleaner at a theme park would be rubbish :)
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    the complete lack of functionality in spiderman was too miserable to overlook. none of the rides really caught my eye, they all seemed choppy and unappealing. there just was no life in the park; everything was so dull. as far as positives, i liked the idea and some of the buildings, the use of cars on the street, and the S&S tower in the building was really cool.

the woody in asterix was the difference maker in this matchup (as others have said). the park itself was far from great; the pathing layout was horrible as posix mentioned, and the rest of the rides didn't seem thorough. that coaster though...wow. it ran wayyyy better in game than it looked from the screens.

Edited by CoasterForce, 19 May 2009 - 07:17 PM.

• geewhzz%s's Photo

Match Decision

The 120 hours voting time for this poll have passed. Here are the official results of the match.

<

"The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman"

30.95%

Park

Votes

Vote %

Creators

"Park Asterix"

69.05%

• Steve%s's Photo
    Didn't see nin coming. Thought for sure it was JK and Kumba for some reason.

And whoa, nice one, Germans. Guessing Magnus did the wooden? Well done, man.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    didn't see ssammy i tthere
  • Brent%s's Photo
    ^ Same... what did he contribute?
  • posix%s's Photo
    FG kick the Hurricanes from #2!! I'm impressed.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    ^hehe

I still didn't find the time to write a comment on both parks in detail, but to clear things up a little who made what:

Sammy: Wild Mouse, helped on the support work for Asterix the Gaul, added some details here and there.
    Sorry for picking you up late as a replacement and just getting you two weeks to get into the concept of this park and contribute to it.

Sey did the Roman building with the simulator. We (Sey and myself) worked together on the Lutetia area, the station building for Obelix & Co., the pirate ship and the Roman area.

I made all the tracked rides apart from the wild mouse, most of the foliage and the Gaulish town.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Well done guys. And woooo! We are ahead of Hurricanes :p Talk about a comeback :)

Magnus you know I am a big fan of your work and this is no exception, the wooden coaster is the best wooden coaster I've seen. Sey your style is something I love, sometimes your buildings are too overpowered by details but in this case it seemed to work.
    Sammy, whilst you didnt do much, you still helped out a lot, and what you did do is the best you've ever done :p

Go Flying Germans!
  • J K%s's Photo
    Congrats FG's this was a good matchup and I think both parks are exceptional. I somehow think this topic deserves a few more comments as both teams put in a lot of work. Anyway congrats to Magnus on his 4-0 record!!!! Mines now 3-1 :'(

Also sey and sssammy congrats! Your first win and what a fantastic park to get that for you.

About my park. It's not perfect by any means and it also could be better. For some people to say its dull though I would happily dispute that. I believe the park is good on the level of ideas and some are executed to a good standard. The main downfalls about the park is the height variation as some of you have gladly pointed out. I'll take that into account and fix that in my work as I do now realise it was screaming for something new to look at here and there.

Also special thankyou to Gee for his fantastic reply. I listened to every comment and agree with every single one of them. I also respect the level of detail you went into as you understood the theme and backed up your points well.

I think both parks were evenly matched in some way and another yet the Germas park was executed to perfection. I wish I could of put more time and ideas into this park but I already worked like a slave. Somethings just arent meant to be and a city theme is so fucking hard!!!!!

Congrats to the FG's!! All your parks have been exceptional and I hope to meet you guys in the playoffs or finals ;)

Thanks guys.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    I'm too late, i didn't know this..

and i just took a much better look at the two parks. From the first view, which was in the morning and only for a couple of seconds I thought I would have gone with Spiderman. But the closer view definitely made me like Asterix a LOT more. Not everything was perfect, but that wooden coaster, the obelix statue, lots and lots of fun things to see :). Luckily the right park won, for me!
  • MMurad%s's Photo
    About the "The Amazing ..." where is the Daily Bugle and Green Goblin?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    Crap, forgot to thank everyone for voting for us ;)
    thaks MMurad. :p

the amazing adventures of spiderman was amazing indeed.
    i loved most of it, but i did have my pet peeves :p

about our park, i cam in late indeed and the park was well on the way to being finished when i was drafted, i did my little wild mouse and the bits and peices.
    im pleased with the way them supposts came oot. :p

thanks again.
    better late than never :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading