H2H5 / [H2H5] Round Robin | Round 4 | Match 1

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Which park is better?

1. Minutemen - Red River Delta 14 votes [53.85%]
    Percentage of vote: 53.85%
  2. Elementalists - Assualt on Earth Base Gamma Gamma (2287) 12 votes [46.15%]
    Percentage of vote: 46.15%
  • Milo%s's Photo
    ^denial can be an ugly thing leo :p

go minutemen! show those LL heathens who's boss!
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    looks like it's tied now.

• dr dirt%s's Photo
    Voted Minutemen. While Earth Base was interesting, I think that Red River Delta is a perfect example of how a park doesn't need rediculous, minute details to make it great.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Thank God, the better park is finally winning.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    You are all idiots.

This place has gone to shit.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    ^Why don't you just crawl back under the stone which you've been under for the past few years?

SF
  • Levis%s's Photo
    hans please .... is this really what you want .... I tought the community was so we could all enjoy this game and share our creations with others so they can enjoy it also.
    SO WHY DO YOU FUCKING TRY TO MAKE PEOPLE GO AWAY !
    please if the only think you want here is to make your ego grow say it... than I will leave also and I will only play for my self again and wont help anyone with theire problems anymore. I really don't care that much anymore about the community. But until recently I enjoyed the site and enjoyed looking at parks etc. but this ejoyment went away during the last few weeks because of comments like this one.
    SO IF YOU WANT ME AND OTHERS TO LEAVE SO YOU CAN LIVE IN YOUR OWN WORLD WHERE REALISTIC PARKS ARE ALL THAT MATTER PLEASE SAY.
  • posix%s's Photo
    People are just bittered about not receiving the recognition they think they deserve, and six frags took offence from micool's statement.

Everyone's so emotional during this H2H.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Well, I was also losing motivation because of comments like micools..
    If you didn't notice he started shit with comments like "you're ridiculous", and "you're all idiots", so I'm not going to sit here and pretend like it doesn't matter to me.. Apparently he was also calling me an idiot because I didn't vote for the Elementalists park..

I didn't say anything about realistic parks, so I don't know where that came from..

SF
  • Levis%s's Photo
    I think you understand wrong they are not bittered because they dont get the recognition they deserve (altough its wrong nontheless).
    they are bittered because they feel mistreated. people are saying things about theire work they can't agree with and they see people saying things about others work they don't understand either. its a case of different tasted that clashes.
    I think nobody would be bittered if he loses agains a park which he also think is better than his work. but when he sees a park which in his eyes is way lower in quality than his own work and it still wins he gets bittered.

@ SF -> he calls everyone and idiot, and hes right also .... if someone claims to be smart its a proof already he isn't. and I think when he says "This place has gone to shit." hes refering to more than just this match or something like that. hes refering to the whole community and theire believes atm.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Why the hell is he right with calling this whole community an idiot?!? Talk about making people leave this site..
    And who in this whole topic claims to be smart? Why does that even matter? And I think you submitting a park to this site is also to make your ego grow.. With all these new hacks and amazing new things you're doing for the game.. In the end it's because you get some personal gain of it.. So don't pretend you are only building for your own..

SF
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    God damn it people.

What the hell is it with all this argueing lately? I can understand peoples emotions getting high but i dont agree with the way some people choose to show it.

Just take a step back and a deep breath,
    Although some of you argueing away probably dont give a crap, you are ruining it for some of the rest of us.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    ^Comment on the parks then ;)

SF
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    I would but i can't view them at work :p
    you will have to wait till 2mo
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    I voted for the Minutemen.. because I enjoyed it more.

They were both very nice parks and look like they took a lot of skill. The LL one had an impressively large number of cool hacks. In the end, it became a little busy for me, and I went with Red Rock because I liked the amusement park feel better and the theming seemed really nice.

There. A post without an argument, something I like about both parks, and a decision.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    some more votes would be nice.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Getcha final votes in people...
  • geewhzz%s's Photo

Match Decision

The 120 hours voting time for this poll have passed. Here are the official results of the match.

>

"Red River Delta"

53.85%

Park

Votes

Vote %

Creators

"Assualt on Earth Base Gamma Gamma (2287)"

46.15%

• chapelz%s's Photo
    congrats on a hard fought match guys.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    well congrats... i guess....

one thing have to say i didn't really appreciate a few of the things that were said about this park... some of it got pretty nasty for no good reason (mostly from you chapel). Saying that it offers nothing new and is just a boring static model is a pretty ridiculous statement imo... at the very least it offers some old hacks in new ways and several cool structures/sculptures (warrior being one of the better executed sculptures ever imo). The lasers weren't all that new but a unique idea... they were not supposed to be static like that but time issues prevented me from really making the impressive firefight I wanted to in that corner. The monorail wasn't anything new but shows the power of stacking imo. Again the drones weren't new but somewhat unique in the idea behind them.

Time issues really pressed at us and personally I was going 5 different directions with this until the last couple weekends before the deadline. For being quite rushed I am personally pleased with how it ended up. Mostly what didn't make it in was a lot more moving stuff... a bigger firefight in the corner, more ships moving around, etc.

For those complaining about the lack of "rides"... well I just have to refer you back to what posix said earlier. That's not really what this work is supposed to be, like it or not. The names of everything were supposed to be engaging (and to some it was I suppose) and get you wanting to mouse over other stuff in the park. It's mostly supposed to be something humorous and fun to look around. If you expect/want to open up a park to see the constant motion of rides and guests... well I'm not suprised this left you dissapointed :lol:. Roomie said this was one of the most love/hate things ever built and imo he was right.

So to those of us who voted for us... thanks. For those who just couldn't get past the lack of rides or whatever... hopefully you had some fun looking around it and maybe a laugh or two as that was what this was built for. For those who though it was utter shit... eh... screw you :p

Maybe I'll end up improving on this as it could be a lot better imo... but then again I might not as my interest in rct is pretty low atm...

and to end on a funny note...

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO ALL THAT BRIBE MONEY I FORKED OUT???

HOPE YOU SPEND IT (UN)WISELY ><

backstabbing assholes 8@

Edited by Milo, 09 June 2009 - 10:03 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading