Theme Park Discussion / Intimidator 305 at kings dominion!

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    it's gonna take two hours in line, 30 seconds for the lift and about three for the rest of the ride.

IT'S GONNA OWN
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Yeah I don't think the line is going to be too obnoxious at times. I figure with the ability to hold 68 people on one circuit--plus the ride itself being one shot of an adrenaline rush--it's going to make the line move quickly. 1,350 per hour is pretty awesome for such a huge ride.
    -JDP
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Doesn't the Voyage have a similar capacity? If so, than I wouldn't expect too much of a wait for 305. Unless its a busy day, and then maybe 90 minutes, at the most.

Or if it's raining. When I went to KI, Firehawk had a two-hour wait because it was raining and they only had one train running (when it wasn't shut down).
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Carowinds open their Intimidator and it looks like a terrific ride
    they didn't do too bad on the surrounding area either

http://www.themepark...=873661#p873661
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    I rode this sunday actually(I work there). They really did a nice job as you can tell, with the overall area. The atmosphere around the ride is really nice. The ride itself is lots of fun as well. It was my first B&M hyper ever so I can't really compare it to any others. All I know is that it's fast and has lots of air time.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0WpNSImh6Z8
  • CouchTater%s's Photo
    I was very priviliged to ride Intimidator at Carowinds last friday on media day 12 times, my brother-in-law is one of the head guys in maintenance there and of course he chose me knowing the coaster freak i am to attend as one of his guests. Also got to meet Walter Bolliger's right hand man .... his advice to me ... ride in back seat left side. I did 4 times , but I still love shotgun the most. All I can say about B&M is they are rollercoaster magicians . This was their 3rd B&M in the park, and not one disappoints. Fixing to purchase Platinum season pass next week, which will give me access to Kings Dominion also. So my family is already planning a trip in july to head to Richmond. Cant say Intimidator at Carowinds is my fave , but its a close second to the Hulk in Orlando. But I am so looking forward to giving Intimidator 305 a try ... Loved that video ....Cant wait!! :nod:

Edited by CouchTater, 01 April 2010 - 08:26 PM.

• Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I'm hoping to ride I305 on Sunday. So far it's getting very good reviews.
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    I'll be there sunday too, so long as the crowds on saturday aren't completely insane.

I like the color scheme/layout. This ride has balls.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    There's a really good on-ride video of Intimidator 305 here

Early reports say it "craps all over Millennium Force". I find that hard to believe at 1,500ft shorter and the addition of over the shoulder restraints but it does look like a lot of fun.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    I should be riding this mother this weekend... but people in my life suck and can't fucking follow thro with shit... I'm pissed.
    -JDP
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    This thing looks insane. Those transitions in the banked turns looked like they were designed in RCT though.

I love Robb Alveys video-were turning and turning and ohh! Airtime! airtime is nice and Twisty! yay twisty ride.

Edited by Austin55, 03 April 2010 - 05:48 PM.

• geewhzz%s's Photo

Early reports say it "craps all over Millennium Force". I find that hard to believe at 1,500ft shorter and the addition of over the shoulder restraints but it does look like a lot of fun.

Not surprising. MF is all fluff, just a bunch of overbanked turns which are a bore. This thing is like Maverick on steroids. Quick direction changes provide pops of air, not to mention it seems to have better air than MF. The only downer is the OTSR, obviously, and the fact that you don't get as lovely of a view as you get riding MF's lift.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    more vids:

this thing hauls ass
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

Early reports say it "craps all over Millennium Force".

What? Well Screw you guys, I'm going home!

Nah, Millenium Force is an Overrated Oversized Blue "Prototype." This coaster does seem more interesting.

I hate the color scheme though, it should be called:
    "MC Donalds: THE RIDE"

Edited by jaguarkid140, 04 April 2010 - 09:16 PM.

• Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I have been on Millennium Force and personally think it is an awesome coaster, cannot see how anyone could call it a bore. However I've not ridden Maverick or any of the 'speed' orientated Intamin coasters so cannot compare the two.
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    Ok so first of all: Its amazing. Amazing.

I've been on a lot of coaster, including millenium, maverick, el toro, kingda ka, both versons of Superman:ROS. These arent comparable. The pictures/layout/pov dont show you the insanity, forcefullness, speed, or raw energy that this ride posesses.

I rode about 12 times on sunday (my girlfriend doesent ride, so single riders line is my friend, and it was pretty much a walk on for me) with 2 rides in the front (do whatever you can to ride in the front, although they dont let you choose). I "greyed out" pretty severely every time in the first turn.

Yes, it is frightening to lose vision after the first drop, and everyone I talked to on the rider experienced the same thing. You would need a strong composure, or very high blood pressure to avoid it.

The air time does not so much replicate the feeling of floating, flying; its more like a powerful beast doing its best to whip you off of its back. Its strong, strong air, but not what you're used to. By the time you hit the breaks, you're still traveling faster and more intensely than some respectable coasters ever achieve.

As I grew up, I started noticing my dissatisfaction with coaster deasign, thinking everything was tame and slow for the comfort of the general public, but I thought maverick was the cure. Maverick is nothing compared to this ride, it has to be ridden to be beleived. If a coaster has ever been too forcefull for you, avoid this ride, because it is more so.

(Ok so I've over hyped it maybe, it doesen't cure cancer, but it goes places no ride ever has, and is the best riding experience I've ever had.)
  • Comet%s's Photo
    The first drop looks like it shits all over Millennium's but I still think I'd like Millennium more
    Maybe because I'm a pussy and just like a smooth fast ride and I don't enjoy strong forces

Millennium is the perfect steel coaster for me and it's location just makes it that much better
    I wish I305 could've had a little more interaction with the rest of the park, rather than being over a sandlot
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I was also there yesterday. It's pretty awesome. The restraints can be a bit hard to avoid, but it's not too bad if you brace yourself by leaning into the turns. Overall it was better than Maverick in that regard. I always greyed out after the first drop, much more so than on Goliath or any other. There's lots of airtime throughout, and the transitions also produce a bit due to being whipped out of your seat (which sometimes helps with avoiding karate chops to the neck, since you're getting thrown upwards at the same time). Compared to Millennium Force, it's much more intense, and seems like a bat-out-of-hell, whereas Millennium Force is more reridable, being a lot smoother and controlled. I like both quite a lot, but Intimidator is probably the better ride from the enthusiast perspective, while Millennium Force is more fun. I do hope Intamin lays off the snappy transitions in the future.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    the only bad thing about the "snappy transitions" are the otsr which do no restraining of your body at all except being a visual security to most people.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading