Theme Park Discussion / Intimidator 305 at kings dominion!

• JDP%s's Photo

This thought just popped up in my head... imagine a wooden giga. You would have to sign a wavier before riding

Imagine if you actually take some time to think before you type shit.
    -JDP
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Hence my,

Oh dear god. Get out of this topic now.

• JDP%s's Photo
    Ha, yeah man I know.
    -JDP
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

Imagine if you actually take some time to think before you type shit.
    -JDP

That will never happen in a trillion years, everyone knows that!
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    A wooden giga would never happen. The g-forces would probably crack the lumber of the track, which would mean constant maintenance. Not a good investment on the amusement park's end.

Sometimes it's fun to use your imagination, but not when it makes you look like an idiot.

Back on topic, the coaster looks great! I've always been a fan of that first turn, although I think they should've banked it a bit more.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Everyone turn your eyes to Son of Beast.

Enough Said.
    -JDP
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    i think jagkid was talking about like a 407ft wooden coaster that does three loops and travels 156.7mphs. that type of giga wooden coaster.

........ its odd you guys are so excited about a giant hunk of metal that ........ oh fuck im done.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

i think jagkid was talking about like a 407ft wooden coaster that does three loops and travels 156.7mphs. that type of giga wooden coaster.

No I mean a 300 ft wooden coaster with steel supports. Many people misinterpret the idea of a wooden coaster, but a wooden coaster is a track with a track that uses a flat 4x4 rail on top of laminated wood, many people who aren't introduced or have little knowledge of coasters confuse many hybrid coasters or mine trains to be wooden, but they do not have a flat wooden running rail nailed onto laminated wooden board segments. So it could not even resemble a woodie but still be one.
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    ................. you dont understand sarcasm do you?
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    I do, I just thought I'd just thought I'd inform people that a wooden giga coaster is possible.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    It's not necessarily the supports that would be the problem, but the wooden track it's self. SoB failed for a reason buddy, and it's barley 200ft.
  • mattec222%s's Photo
    New pics up at Intimidator's website

Posted Image

Loads more here:

http://www.intimidat...latest/gallery/

:mantis:
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    oh jkid, i think its best if you stop talking. :)

that pic is immense.
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo
    It looks sooo beautiful =O
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    im going to have to agree..... that is a very nice photo.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    This will be the excuse needed to finally go visit my brother in Virginia next year...
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    That is hot stuff.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Did they remove the temporary support yet? It doesn't look like they did.

But it still looks very nice.

@Lowenaldo: I don't understand how you can can all excited over chemistry... I305 is more than just a hunk of metal: It's a work of art! It's all about how the steel bends, and the choice of colors, the type of support work (which is brilliantly simple, I think), etc. It's also about anticipating how much fun it'll be once it's done!

EDIT: And is that the beginning of a building I spy in the bottom right corner? I can't tell, but it looks like framing for a small building.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    probably stuff for the cable lift
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    ^^Rollercoasters are a form of art.

Edited by jaguarkid140, 08 December 2009 - 07:28 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading