General Chat / College Football 2009

• Buckeye Becky%s's Photo
    So, its almost time for college football what with it starting up in 2-3 weeks....Our schedule is weak with the exception of playing USC on 9/12...wish I had tickets, but I do not.

Cork, are you coming to the game? :D

Sports Illustrated Pre-Season rankings:

1 Florida SEC
    2 Texas Big 12
    3 Oklahoma Big 12
    4 USC Pac-10
    5 Virginia Tech ACC
    6 Ole Miss SEC
    7 Oklahoma State Big 12
    8 Alabama SEC
    9 Boise State WAC
    10 Ohio State Big Ten
    11 Oregon Pac-10
    12 Georgia Tech ACC
    13 LSU SEC
    14 Penn State Big Ten
    15 Georgia SEC
    16 Florida State ACC
    17 TCU MWC
    18 Oregon State Pac-10
    19 Utah MWC
    20 North Carolina ACC

Once again, the SEC is going to dominate and I can't really dispute that, I do think Florida will be the team to beat this year. However, I think that the Big 12 is overrated along with Va Tech this year. I think in the Big 10, the Buckeyes and Penn State will be the two teams to beat, and I can't wait to see if Terelle Pryor has worked out the kinks to become the great quarterback that I know that he can be...

Thoughts?
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I am so pumped for the USC vs OSU game (which I will be attending)! I also worry about Penn State this year, they always put up a good fight against OSU and its never easy to play out there in Happy Valley. Also, even though he had a solid freshman year, I have a good feeling Terrelle Pryor will really shine out there.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    texas is going to wreck this year. hook'em!
  • Ozone%s's Photo
    I'm hoping to be a the Texas / Mizzou game in Columbia. Football is such a great game!
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    We don't rebuild...we reLOAD

FIGHT ON!!!

BTW: the USC v OSU game should be one of the best of the season.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    ehh, be real guys, you know none of your pac 10 and big ten schools stand a chance against Florida;]

lol i'm half Gator fan, half Miami Hurricane fan.
    (i had family go to UF, and an uncle play for the canes, so i'm split down the middle haha)

but yeah, i'm really looking forward to this year in college football.
    some really great matchups to look forward to watching:D
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    We, at the University of Michigan, still love football... Last year football hated us.

Until bowl season approaches I won't pay much mind to teams outside of the big 10 probably. Have to keep an eye on USC vs OSU again...

Ride6
    ^i actually really like michigan for some reason.
    i guess its just because i respect the whole tradition and history of that football program.
    i'd really like to see them do well this year:]

but HOLY CRAP.
    i just checked the Hurricane's schedule.

they play FSU, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and Oklahoma in their first four games of the season!
    thats 4 ranked teams!
    wow, looks like we'll be going 0 and 4 to start off the season lol
  • gir%s's Photo
    South Carolina at NC State, be sure to check it out--we kickoff the college football season on ESPN in Raleigh. I know a lot of you don't care about the ACC but Russell Wilson is one fun player to watch, so it should be a good game.
  • Marlin%s's Photo
    Ahh the best 4 months EVER!!! Nothing better than college football. My Sooners will be dominating again! And we might see two 10 or 11 win teams going at it in the last game of the regular season when the cowboys roll into norman.

Chapelz, we're officially enemies now!!! (just kidding)

Poor Michigan, I still think they have another year before they become a dominate force again. The bucks definitely have the edge in the big 10, sorry Penn State your year was last year and didnt get it done. However, USC will still win in the shoe this year but it won't be as bad as last year. The SEC is without a doubt the more powerful confrence but the Big 12 is NOT overrated... Nebraska and Kansas will be MUCH better this year and Mizzou might have a little steam left in them, maybe. OU, OSU, Texas, and an average T Tech team will rule the south with the best players and most points scored!!

Don't be discouraged if we see a rematch of last years championship game played in the rose bowl this year... This time, Sooners will have their revenge!

Damn, I love this game!
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    GOOOOoooo Jackets!

We're gonna kick ASS this year, we got pretty much everyone returning from last year, and we're recruiting kids from high-school who've been running the triple option, so we're only gonna get better. No doubt we got the ACC this year, and more importantly, Georgia's getting WHOOPED! Heh, good luck rest of the ACC, the wramblin' wreck's a force to be reckoned with... again.

To hell with Georgia! :hypnotized:
    ^god i hate Ga Tech lol.
    they last few Cane games i've been to down at the old orange bowl have been against the jackets, and we got killed haha.

they're a good team, but man, they always beat us at the worst times lol
  • gir%s's Photo
    Luckily for us, we don't play GT this year, but we do play VT (I wish I could get up to Blacksburg for the game). GT should win the Coastal Division fairly easily, but I have no clue how the Atlantic will fare. There's no doubt that the ACC is the king of parity!
  • K0NG%s's Photo

^i actually really like michigan for some reason.
    i guess its just because i respect the whole tradition and history of that football program.

Like losing to Appalachian State? I liked that myself.

USC is gonna do what they do every year and, barring that ONE stupid loss they seem to come up with every season, win another BCS title.

Oh yeah...Fight ON!!!!!!!

Edited by K0NG, 20 August 2009 - 02:15 AM.

• Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    i just hope usc destroys notre dame so charlie fat fuck can get fired.
    damn i hate him

But OSU is where its at! I live less then a mile away from the vest :D
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo

We don't rebuild...we reLOAD
    BTW: the USC v OSU game should be one of the best of the season.

That's OUR SLOGAN...too :bunny: I can't wait for that game!!!! :mantis:

However, USC will still win in the shoe this year but it won't be as bad as last year.

It will be close...but USC will not win in the shoe.

USC is gonna do what they do every year and, barring that ONE stupid loss they seem to come up with every season, win another BCS title.

Yeah, that Buckeye loss :nod:

But OSU is where its at! I live less then a mile away from the vest :D

You live in UA?
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    correcto
  • Luketh%s's Photo

i just hope usc destroys notre dame so charlie fat fuck can get fired.
    damn i hate him

I hate that Chubby Leprochaun, too. Wonder if Tech'll ever play them again? I hope. :D
  • K0NG%s's Photo

It will be close...but USC will not win in the shoe.

Don't get your hopes up Becky ;)
  • inVersed%s's Photo

correcto

Off topic, but dude a lot of my friends live in UA! I know some people who are going to the high school there too

Glad to see other Central Ohioans in the community!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading