Music Forum / Most fun i've had at a show in recent times

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    I played bass for my old band last saturday at a show we held in our hometown.
    it was the first event that we organized and put together ourselves, and we had a great turnout.
    the venue we booked was a youth center, who only charged us $150 for the whole night, and let us keep the rest (after paying the other bands)
    we ended up making around $750 i think?
    the max amount of people allowed inside was 90, but when our set started, there was easily over 115 people there.
    it was great, because everyone sang along and knew all the words to the songs lol.
    its such a great feeling when you've written something, and you see people singing along to it:]

but yeah, enough babbling.
    here's a video of one of our songs lol.

http://vids.myspace....ideoid=62365664

my favorite part is when it gets all soft and everyone sings along.
    you cant really tell from the video, but along with the people singing and clapping up front, there was about 50-60 people off screen behind the cameraman who were singing as well.
    it was incredible haha:]

(oh, and i also have a video of us playing that stankylegg song live, but its still processing)
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Everyone but the singers look bored as fuck.
    lol yeahh stage presence is a huge issue for us.
    i mean for me personally, it was my first time playing bass live, so i was more focused on trying to hit the right notes and sing along.
    everytime i tried to move i got confused ahaha.

and the other guys, the guatemalan and the other guitarist arent normally that still.
    i think a big reason as to why we werent as dynamic as usual was the fact that our parents were there, and it was pretty embarrassing, and also there was a lot of people crowded around the stage lol.

oh well, its still a learning process!
    and its really fun lol.

but how did the music sound?
    decent?
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    I can't really comment, I can't stand this sorta emo.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    im not sure wether i would want to be part of that, regardless of the fact there was one guy having some sort of fit, everything was very static. like you said there was no stage presence, and that is a HUGE part of my world of music. i think that coupled with the fact there was about a thousand people on the stage performing, i couldnt really enjoy it. but im glad you had fun, man.
    maybe if i could hear what was going on with the music i would have apreiciated it more. but from what i heard, i dont think i liked the style at all :lol:
    not that that is your fault haha.

PS, were you using a plec or fingers?

I can't really comment, I can't stand this sorta emo.

emo?

that was probably the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.
    seriously bro.

and sammy, yeah, i was using a pick lol.
    i'm not used to walking with my fingers yet, so i just played it like a guitar ha
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Hate to say it but that's what you sound like.
    hmm.

so which 'emo' bands do we sound like?

and why are we 'emo'?
    is it because its a mixture of singing and screaming?
    because if so, ADTR must really be the biggest emo band in the world at this point lol
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Eh, I'm uninitiated. You guys just sound really melodramatic (to me). Emo's just the only descriptor I can think of (I do like "real emo" though).

Either way I'm not a fan so I'm not going to comment.

EDIT: Oh, would you consider yourself metal? The guitars are super low in the vid, all I could really pay attention to were the vocals.

Edited by Dr_Dude, 25 August 2009 - 10:10 AM.

lol its chill bro.
    i know this music isnt for everyone, so i respect that.

i guess its just pretty big down here where i live.
    we draw about on average 35 to 40 people every show we're booked on, so i guess thats a good thing:]
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I don't like the type of music but it's good you guys are drawing crowds.
    ^well keep in mind, these are pretty old songs.
    we wrote this one a year and a half ago i think?

thats pretty much why i started my own inCities music project.
    so i could write my own music without being limited to worrying whether or not the other musicians in the band are able to play it or not lol.

i'll be releasing a 7 song EP in about a week or two, with songs on it like Tides, and other songs of that style.
    its a concept album, with an underlying theme throughout.
    so i'm hoping it gets completed soon and turns out nicely:]
    all of the songs are recorded, with the exception of a few vocal parts, which should be done today.
    then it just needs to be mixed and mastered, and it'll be finished:]

i'll be releasing it online for free download from my myspace, so if any of you guys are interested at all, just hit me up:]

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading