Gandolf and the Balrog Steel Looping Coaster

Posted Image

Rivendel and Edoras with the Golden Hall

Posted Image

Overall Park view, including The Eye of Salron

Posted Image

Download Page

• Xcoaster%s's Photo
    For the New Zealand theme? Clever. Maybe a bit too clever...

Anyways, looks somewhat simple (at least in part due to contest bench and time requirements, I'm sure), but good. The Eye of Sauron looks especially impressive.
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    I'm not much of a "Track-Hacker", I'm more of a straight-forward sort of builder. So you might want to keep that in mind. Don't expect any miracles from Wolfman. I'm more of an underground builder with terraforming.

:kiss:

While I do admire those who do the more complex hacks with marvelous results... I just don't feel the call to do the more complex projects. (I usually do a very good job at screwing them over.) So I much rather keep what hair I have left, rather than pulling it out.

:nod:

The tower was the most intense structure. I couldn't do an exact render of the model used in the movies. I just tried to make it look "evil", yet give it a lattice-like transparency, so that the launched Free-Fall carriage could be seen within, as it climbs the tower and is then released. The eye has a lot of fog that makes it look sort of "smokey".

The Rivendel area was totally the opposite. A light and airy build and a bit of a gentler ride, the log flume. The flume does have a pair of reverser turntables. Which is something I don't see used very often.

Hobbiton & The Shire has a few of those underground/hillside homes. With fog/chimneys, windows, and the doors are Fisherman's circular louvers. This is supposed to be something of a kiddie area anyway. Having five coasters in a park this size was probably pushing it. But it was a challenge to put more scenic structures.

If you want to see the winner of the New Zealand Road Rally @ RCT Space. Click here.

Edited by Wolfman, 26 August 2009 - 11:03 AM.

• Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    WOW, i dont know the rules or anything, but i cant believe the park that won...... won. so simple, and not very good. i was quite impressed with what you did wolf, and the tower was very impressive. to say the least, the park you created is much better then the one that won. do you know what place you came in?

edit: im also impressed on how many attractions you got in there. the winner had like 5 :/

Edited by Lowenaldo, 26 August 2009 - 01:20 PM.

• Wolfman%s's Photo
    They didn't post second, third and runner ups. Only the park that won.

Yeah. The winning park didn't have much as far as attractions are concerned. I guess a lot of the builders these days forget that parks are supposed to try to appeal to a wide variety of guests, and make $$$.

This is why I try to get as much as I can into my parks. So that more guests will have something that they'll actually like, rather than have them tour the park, find nothing that they like, and walk out.

I realize that this may make my parks look congested and stuffed to the gills with attractions. But parks are supposed to be an entertainment venue. And I want as many peeps to stay in my parks as I possibly can.

To me, a park that is crowded, the parks that the peeps don't want to leave?... is a successful park. Peeps make the park alive. They bring so much to the park that peepless parks could never achieve. There's so much more of a challenge in a peep friendly park.

Not to say anything bad about the peepless parks. Because there are good things about them as well. But just as a personal preference, I gotta have a peep friendly park.

Edited by Wolfman, 26 August 2009 - 02:02 PM.

• RCTNW%s's Photo
    Although I was not part of the judging the park, I'm not sure I would have awarded it as a first place entry either. The objective was to theme it to New Zealand not about a movie that was filmed in NZ. Aside from the fact that it was filmed in NZ, what else about this entry ties to NZ? There's no doubt that the quality is there, however I think it was a risk to use this theme in the context of the RR objective.

As for your guess, I do know you are completly wrong. Having someone win mutiple times during the season is allowed. I believe it has happend in past seasons also.

IMO, I belive this was passed over because it didn't tie into the spirit of the objective. Think about it, if the objective was to theme the map to the USA and I created a Star Trek themed park because of it was filmed in Hollywood, do you think that would make it a winner no matter how great the park was? (this was just an example of my point by the way)

Like I said, looks to be a great park and I hope you continue to participate in future events.

James

^Edit - I guess my post is now pointless since you changed your reply
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    oh i didnt realize it had to be a new zealand park, i guess that would make sense. i just wasnt a fan of the winning park, but it does have a more NZ vide then this one, sorry wolfman, but you tried something different!
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    Take the attractions out, and check out the landscape. What have you got? It looks a LOT like New Zealand to me. Snow covered mountains, hills, wild tree covered land, beautiful water features, for that great natural look.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    bigheaded?
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    Yeah, ok, fine... nevermind.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading