Music Forum / Oasis ''does not exist anymore.''

• Katapultable%s's Photo
    I just found out, kinda late, that Oasis quit.

http://www.rollingst...h-great-relief/

I'm a great fan of their work. It's really sad to see this happen. Your thoughts please.
  • posix%s's Photo
    This has happened many times before, I think. You never know about the Gallaghers. If they were back in the studio next year it wouldn't surprise me. Instead, I would love it, because I've always been an Oasis fan myself.
  • gir%s's Photo
    They have always been average to me.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    same. ive always felt them to be vastly overrated. they have had some really great tracks, but mostly, they have released pretty standard tracks.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    AWWWW! I've heard a few of their songs, pretty good. A little weak for me, but they reminded me of The Beatles in style and sound a few times..

Sad to see them go..
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    lol, again.
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo
    I've always liked them and they also remind me a bit of the Beatles.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    corrrr old news.

I find it hilarious as they split on the weekend of the V Festival.

The V Festival has 2 locations. Saturdays bill is played on sunday in the other location and vice versa.

They got through half a set on the first saturday so unlucky for those seeing them on the sunday :p
  • Jazz%s's Photo
    While I do think they are overrated, Whats the Story (Morning Glory)? is an excellent album. One of the best British alternative albums from the 90s. Radiohead and the Stone Roses are both superior, easily - but I would put them on the same plane as The Verve. Although the majority of their songs seem to follow repetitive structures, I do think they are a solid band nonetheless. Now what was a much more disappointing event was when the Stone Roses broke up; band had so much potential.

Edited by Jazz, 02 September 2009 - 08:53 PM.

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Although not exactly a shock its a sad day. I've always been a fan of Oasis and although they had a couple of average albums in the middle, DM and WTSMG are two of the defining albums of the 90s for me.

Thankfully i finally saw them live a few months ago. (amusingly for me about a week before i saw Blur)
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    I thought these guys disappeared years ago.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading