AD Releases / Ripper

• magmoormaster%s's Photo
    Hello everyone. As my first post here, I'm going to show you a coaster I made: the Ripper.

Posted Image
    track layout

Posted Image
    Station/ratings

Download

What do you think?

Edited by magmoormaster, 19 September 2009 - 02:58 PM.

• Goliath123%s's Photo
    I'll post what i thought of it at the atari forums, like 5 minutes ago weird...

Use the 4d coaster for the catwalk, imo it looks better.
    Good idea, thanks.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Just a thought but I think it would look better if you placed a ring of small (1/8) concrete blocks around the underwater tunnel so that it doesn't have such a sharp transition. Just gives it that realistic edge

I hope you know what I mean
  • Comet%s's Photo
    That would be ridiculously fun to ride, amazing layout
    The surroundings could be executed better though
    Care to elaborate on that?
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Use more than two tree types and add some quarter tile foliage
    Smooth out the edges of some of the landscaping
    Do what Roomie said about the tunnel
    Add more detail to that white box on the bottom

I don't know basically the layout and general landscape is decent but everything else could use some touching up
  • Levis%s's Photo
    I'm not that much a coaster expert, but I think the transition from the steep track to the turn after the first helix hurts a lot.
    maybe you could try to make that a bit smoother.

also you could try to add some ground foilage and maybe add another kind of tree to give some more color in the foilage.

I agree with roomie on the underwater tunnle

Use more than two tree types and add some quarter tile foliage
    There's actually 3... 2 of them look very similar. But yeah, good idea.
    Smooth out the edges of some of the landscaping
    Uh, where? I don't see anything that should be smooth... if you're refering to the cliffs, there supposed to be there.
    Do what Roomie said about the tunnel
    Yeah, that's a really good idea.
    Add more detail to that white box on the bottom
    LOL, I actaully forgot to do that... It was going to have a better roof, but I never got around to it...
    I don't know basically the layout and general landscape is decent but everything else could use some touching up

I'm not that much a coaster expert, but I think the transition from the steep track to the turn after the first helix hurts a lot.
    maybe you could try to make that a bit smoother.
    The only other option would be to have the 60-to-25track, a 25 track, then the 25-0 track, which would look aweful.

My responses in red.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Add some scrub under the trees. That'll help out a lot. Untamed wooded areas usually have a fair amount of undergrowth. You know, vines, bushes, tall grasses, etc. That and vary up the trees a bit. Add some different colors in there. Your trees all look to be the same color green. Throw in some darks and lights.

I think what Levis mentioned about the track looks fine. I don't see any problem with it. And the track section you described (60-25-25-0) may look aweful, but sometimes you have to work with what RCT gives you. Woodies are a prime example. Airtime hills are way to sharp unless you use the 60-25-25-0 method. The choice is up to you though.
    I think that depends on the size of the hill before it. If the coaster has a 85 first drop, then a 45 hill with the 60-25-0 transition would be fine. That's why I prefer to make my coasters 100 feet tall or less, so the transitions look better.(unless it has the longer 60-0 transition that looks better.)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading