General Chat / Atheist Intollerance.

Believe in God?

• SSSammy%s's Photo
    it seems, that Atheism is the last minority that it is okay to be prejudice towards.
    http://www.youtube.c...ature=rec-HM-r2

please vote in the poll, and discuss what is wrong with the world.
    im expecting some healthy discusion here, if you have anything to say just post.

EDIT:http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

the first point is a beautiful thought. about the butterfly and the dream.
    its beautiful. otherwise, just another self righteous theist video, with alot of responses.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    i'm sure most of you here already know my beliefs and thought process.
    if not, then just go to the GOD topic and have a bit of a refresher.

i dont want to do a lot of typing like i did last time when it came to religion lol.

but i do want to say that prejudice in any form is just awful. and anyone who claims to be a Christian or believes in God and discriminates and wrongfully treats other people on the basis of their faith is a hypocrite.
    if they truly believe what they claim to believe, then they should be showing love towards those that are 'lost', not wrongful prejudice.

yes i am a christian. yes i believe in God.
    but i am not prejudiced towards any of you guys that dont believe, or are athiest/agnostic in the least bit.
    though i might not agree with you, i still respect and value your opinions.

thats all i have to say:]

josh

Edited by In:Cities, 01 October 2009 - 07:34 AM.

• Casimir%s's Photo
    I'm a buddhist, so I think "agnostic" fits best for me. I believe that there's something out there but I don't want to give it a name or to specify it even more than just "a thing" or "something".
    If humanity is supposed to find out what or who it is - so be it. But let's just wait until then, eh?
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    I don't believe in fairies, dragons, leprechauns and god.

"MFG"
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    everything that cant be or hasnt been proven by science i consider an act of divinity. i believe in God, odd because the rest of my colleagues dont.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

I don't believe in fairies, dragons, leprechauns and god.

"MFG"

• Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    It doesn't matter. Get past it.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    can't wait to see kevin's post about this...
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I am a devout Christian.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

can't wait to see kevin's post about this...

I can.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    I just stay away from all religious conversations of those that aren't mature and intellectual. No point in arguing opinions. Red doesn't triumph over Blue, and vice-versa.
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    Yeah I definately believe something beyond what we can percieve exists that is like some form of "god", though I see it more like an energy or a driving force, the brain of the universe if you will. I hope and believe that we in the future have more individual beliefs, that would be healthy for us I'm certain. I do not mean I don't respect christians or muslims or jews or any other religion, because I do, but using your own thoughts and having ponderings of your own, instead of just believing in a ready made "package", must be good for you. Openmindedness is the key.
  • Ozone%s's Photo
    I believe that we are not merely a product of evolution, but of a divine being creating us with purpose.

You ask what is wrong with the world? It's us and the decisions we make.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    I'm an agnostic Catholic if you use the original definition of agnostic. In modern terms I'm a Catholic who isn't an ass about it.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo

Red doesn't triumph over Blue

Pfft. Red owns blue.

And I think you all know what I am, so there's no point discussing. Sorry to be a topic killer, Shammy.
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    Theist
    Christian
    Protestant
    Mennonite
    Mennonite Brethren

As for the video, I think if they want to be an atheist in Mississippi, they need thicker skin. I wouldn't go to Berkeley College and be a street preacher unless I had thick skin.

And I hate to be blunt, but if they do not change, they are going to Hell.

And LOL that atheists are more discriminated against than theists.

Also, I agree that prejudices are a horrendous thing, and I do not think I have any. Believing that most of the world is going to go to Hell does not make prejudiced against them, it is just something I believe. I still treat them with respect, and if anything try and convert them out of Christian love.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    I fucking want to go to hell. I don't want to go to a heaven if its filled with fuckfaces like you.
  • sixflagsfreak56%s's Photo
    ^Amen.

Oh, and I'm atheist.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Reminds of last year in my conservative government teacher's class in the most conservative county in the country in which he gave us an article about how atheists bitch about removing anything religious from society, and how the government only listens to the religious requests of atheists and shit like that. It doesn't seem like too much to ask to not have a religion forced upon us in public. And its not like atheists are a huge oppressive group and Christians the minority, or underdog, fighting for what's right, or whatever the fuck they want to believe. Basically it turned into everyone shitting on atheists and saying we should just execute them (not exaggerating). And me half trying in vain to explain that perhaps there were some instance in which religious people might have forced their religion on others and lobbied for legislature in the name of their religion, and half fearing I was going to get lynched. Fucking atrocious.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

I fucking want to go to hell. I don't want to go to a heaven if its filled with fuckfaces like you.

anything you have ever done in the past, i forgive you.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading