News / Site Changes

• misterthom%s's Photo
    I think a member of the accolade panel should be one that can make a meaning based on some good arguments. And he needs to know what good parks look like. but then you get the problem that everybody likes something else. they need to judge based on what they think the parks looks like and nothing except that. But this is just my opinion.

and for the changes. i think its good that the CC part doesnt exist anymore. it was just to vague. and for the changes around the spotlights. I think it will be very tough to get a 70% score out of 20 people. But it does make sure that the spotlights will be very good.

just when i had the idea it would be possible for me to win anything, the bar goes up. Autch
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    @Liampie, this wasn't the only data we considered. We also looked at Gold winners who were voted on for spotlight, but denied due to failing the yes/no vote, these were all under 16.

One being AT&T Stadium, which all 15 panelists voted no.

Also:
    http://www.nedesigns.../brighton-glen/
    http://www.nedesigns...d/indigo-hills/

@Mike, I understand your concerns and addressed them in your Sierra Mine Carts topic. It wasn't really clarified in the original post in this topic, but we aren't going to go out of our way to tell the panel who made the parks, but they are just being posted AS IS when we receive them via email. So in all honestly, it still is the creators decision if they want their park anonymous or not, they just have to take the steps to make it that way (not posting screens, not putting their names on the file or in the park)

About the panel overhaul, I'm not sure I agree with you. Panelists vote on how much they enjoy submissions, so by your logic newer members should vote more things higher than lower because the less they have seen, the more they will be blown away by sub-par parks. But besides that point, the panel might get a few changes in the future, so be on the lookout.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo

alright, some guy gave you a two, we know, we feel sorry for you, get over it, stop taking it out on the whole panel.
    a panel like your ideal couldnt exist in reality, thats why n00bs like me are in it.

If your a noob you shouldn't be judging the btter quality parks if you have no clue what to look out for, no? Seriously i thought it was a bad chocie making you and AP, you never finish anything to a highy quality, there's people out there much better than you that should get your position but can't because they are limited to what games they have.
    A good panel that Mike mentioned could easily be made, through in some more parkmakers, replace yourself with JK by all means, seems like a good idea to me.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    ^Why the hell are you giving SSSammy shit? He's been good so far...
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Yeah....back off of my little buddy.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    He ust seem so annoying some times, my opinion though. He gets on my nerve sometimes and this is one of those times, its not like i do it all the time, only happend twice.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

@Liampie, this wasn't the only data we considered. We also looked at Gold winners who were voted on for spotlight, but denied due to failing the yes/no vote, these were all under 16.

One being AT&T Stadium, which all 15 panelists voted no.

Also:
    http://www.nedesigns.../brighton-glen/
    http://www.nedesigns...d/indigo-hills/

I think it would be best if the accolade panel revoted some pre-Magic Realms Resort spotlights, from Dimensions to DisneySea. That shouldn't take much effort, as everyone knows most of these parks. If a panelist doesn't know them, why are they in the panel?

Probably this was a right decision, but I'm afraid this might be regretted one day. Brighton Glen just fell short of spotlight, while it was under 16.00 and not too close to it.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

If your a noob you shouldn't be judging the btter quality parks if you have no clue what to look out for, no? Seriously i thought it was a bad chocie making you and AP, you never finish anything to a highy quality, there's people out there much better than you that should get your position but can't because they are limited to what games they have.
    A good panel that Mike mentioned could easily be made, through in some more parkmakers, replace yourself with JK by all means, seems like a good idea to me.

hey, buddy, shit at the game? yes i am. but my scores are by and large in the average of votes, so you can shut the fuck up.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

I think it would be best if the accolade panel revoted some pre-Magic Realms Resort spotlights, from Dimensions to DisneySea. That shouldn't take much effort, as everyone knows most of these parks. If a panelist doesn't know them, why are they in the panel?

Probably this was a right decision, but I'm afraid this might be regretted one day. Brighton Glen just fell short of spotlight, while it was under 16.00 and not too close to it.

We revoted a ton of old accolades when setting up the panel, so I don't think that's necessary, unless if you wanted to see how it changes with some of the new people involved.

As for Brighton Glen, it got gold w/o spotlight, which is exactly what I think it deserved, and that's what it would still get under the new system.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    This is is what annoys me you let no one have an opinion on what they think if he's involved. Like this time you doen't let me think that you shouldn'y be in the AP, you get angry when i don't add colour, it jst seems like you think everything is perfect in your world and everyone has to do the same as you, obey every command you set.

Edited by Goliath123, 11 October 2009 - 01:59 PM.

• Cena%s's Photo
    Most of the time I don't agree with Goliath, but he is damn right now. Atleast in my opinion.

Some accolade panellists are just too unexperienced in my opinion, I don't want to offend any people but, guys like SSSammy and Katapultable(Mozilla), they are not that long in the community, and have released a few things to nothing, but nothing that is noticeable. 

The panelists (copied them from the voting list of AT&T). 
    SSSammy
    Xcoaster
    inVersed
    5dave
    nin
    Kumba
    Fr3ak
    zodiac
    CedarPoint6
    >posix
    >geewhzz
    Nokia
    Six Frags
    Katapultable
    Evil WME
    chapelz

It would be better to meet some requirements to become a panelist or something,  maybe like: 

- Being in the community (member on NE) for over a year. 

- Have atleast 2 accolades (bronze, silver, gold, spotlight, design etc). 

In that way, you A have people who know the community quite a bit, and b, know what is good/bad in a park. 

Just my opinion, if you disagree with me, that is fine. 

@ Goliath, that is the exact reason why I don't show screens anymore for a while now, I just want to enjoy the game, instead of listening to all the tips of others, it is for my own enjoyment that I play, not for anyone else. 

Maybe it would be an idea for you to show only the things you really want to show, or thing you are proud of? 
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    I totally agree with Cena, but I am okay with the current panelists.

I just support his requirements.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo

In that way, you A have people who know the community quite a bit, and b, know what is good/bad in a park. 

Know what is good/bad in a park? How about you enlighten us oh wise one. Here's an idea, take your views and find panelists who all fit in your mold and then create a panel. How fun would that be for creativity and trying to win things?

I've even let you guest judge things, Cena. Now if you really believed what you preached you would have told me you don't deserve to vote.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    hey i have a good idea, let me be on that panel. i'll judge everybody else under the table.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    The panel's fine now. No matter what, it's always going to be subjective. Even if you aren't an amzing artist, you can still appreciate good art. And even if you don't like it, it's your opinion. The whole point of the panel is to get a wide variety of viewpoints from all points of the community, so we need equal representation. The panel now is a great "snapshot" of the community today, with a variety of styles, experience, and opinions. That variety is the whole point! If everyone was "experienced," and thought similar opinions, then it would be as if one person was selecting accolades, and we'd go back to the whole one design a month schtick we were at before the panel. The panel has done great things for the site, and its contantly-evolving lineup and variety of opinions are what makes it so great.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    ive got an idea guys, everyone who doubts the capabilities of the panel, can shut up.
    what you guys are saying is ridiculous.

i dont mind any personal attack at myself, but anything about the panel i strongly object to.
    i have complete faith in the panel and so should you.
    you guys really have no idea what you are on about.
  • Cena%s's Photo

Know what is good/bad in a park? How about you enlighten us oh wise one. Here's an idea, take your views and find panelists who all fit in your mold and then create a panel. How fun would that be for creativity and trying to win things?

I've even let you guest judge things, Cena. Now if you really believed what you preached you would have told me you don't deserve to vote.

I know that Geewhzz, and I found it very hard to give a score to a park, because I don't want to upset people with my score. After that I realised that it is not my thing, judging other people submissions. About your statement I don't deserve to vote, yes, you are correct, I can't judge properly, so you are right, I admit. I tried it to help you, but in all honestly, I suck at those things. 

@ Robbie, you are right, and as I stated in my first post, it was just my opinion. As long as the panel is voting on submissions only and not on the people who made it, I am okay with it. My biggest problem is/was that a relatively unexperienced panelist, who hate person A for example, gives him a 8 for a good solid design, and he gives a person who he likes a 16 for a poor design. Just my opinion as said before. 
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    i think you guys are misinterpreting what i said, so let me rephrase: put me on the judges panel.

e: @cena, posix (or whoever wrote this) addressed the issue of playing favorites within the panel. if i remember correctly he said he had faith in everyone on it to not do so. i'd imagine if word got out that someone was playing favorites, they would be kicked out.

super double edit

Finally, we trust our panelists to always vote objectively to not let themselves be influenced by a name attached to a new submission arriving in the panel.

so yeah

Edited by tracidEdge, 11 October 2009 - 11:58 PM.

• Goliath123%s's Photo

hey, buddy, shit at the game? yes i am. but my scores are by and large in the average of votes, so you can shut the fuck up.

Yes i'm sure you don't mind a personal attack.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    ^ stop picking on sam. he's on the panel, you're not. get over it.

i agree with robbie about how the panel is a variety of the community.
    it needs to be a very diverse group of individuals who vote based on different opinions, styles, preferences, etc.
    if it was a bunch of people with the same likes and dislikes, it would be biased.

honestly, i think this whole thing isnt a big deal.
    the panel is fine as it is, and whzz and posix are doing a great job.
    so stop making things harder by complaining about every little thing.

lets just all play the game and have fun guys:]

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading