(Archive) Advertising District / My most ambitious project to date

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Looks fine, but the text is a bit off around the edges as it wraps around the image. Perhaps there's a way to text wrap that solves that problem of having sentences cut up into chunks or having spacing issues such as the one between the lift hill and around the second hill before the triple down?
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Dont auto justify type. Do it by hand if needs be. Then it will look and read better
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Yeah that screen is def a work in progress, one of the nitpicky things with this will be the justifying of the text.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Alright, I'm done with a first draft of the writeup and I'm looking for people who are interested in giving it an edit/critique. Any testers?

Here's one more pic btw:
    Attached Image: Untitled.png
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Send it over phatage.Im no good at proof reading but ill have a look over the layout for you
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    So with thanks going to RRP and some other people, here is pretty much what the final version will be (there already have been some minor changes though). You saw it here first. Feel free to post any feedback/criticism.

Attached Files

• RRP%s's Photo
    thumbs up on getting it finished phatage
  • Kenneth%s's Photo
    That looks great, Phatage. I have one small remark about the styling of your paragraphs: it's unusual to have both an indent at the start of the paragraph and vertical space between different paragraphs. Those are two different ways of handling paragraphs and aren't normally used together. Using them together is considered ill practice. (See the different examples here). I would personally do away with the indent. Remember that, if you choose to go for the indent, it isn't necessary to indent the first paragraph after a title.

Also watch out for the gaps that can occur when you use justified text in columns that are too narrow. Most of your columns are fine, but some problems arise here and there (for example the paragraph on page 9 that starts with "The first main drop of..."). Hyphenating your text can solve those problems.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    My mind is really blown by this. You took a dream most of us had when we were little, and ran with it. Congratulations on this. It's a masterpiece.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading