Music Forum / Your Musical Performances

• SSSammy%s's Photo
    This thread is for telling us all about your gigs you played or recitals you played or concerts you conducted or anything of that general idea.

ill start, i played in an assembly today infront of four hundred people. i was scared motionless, and i feel i gave a pretty unimpressive performance. i personally find it relly annoying when everyone says "you were fantastic!" when i screwed up countless times. anyone who plays the instrument will agree that it was an epic fail. i guess most dont have the expierience to say that though.

so, err, gizza tale!
  • gir%s's Photo
    Once when I was in band in middle school we played a competition at Carowinds, got a B cause we were shit, and spent the rest of the day enjoying ourselves. Band director was not pleased, but that's why she was the band director. Our teacher was cool though, too bad he left after that year.

Also I quit band after middle school after I saw what the band kids in high school were like, sorry MA and ][, and all those other band kids. That's pretty much my entire musical experience.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I've had quite a few gigs, the most recent being in July for a July 4th charity thing that our drummer's uncle organizes so he hooked us up. The first gig I've ever played was a Battle of the Bands in high school my senior year and we lost to a shittier band and the audience even booed them, hahahaha. In between those we have played countless open mic nights locally and some other larger local charity events. Tomorrow night I have an acoustic "Local Static" performance at the Hot Topic I work at. So far I think that one will be the biggest deal to us. If you're in the area you should swing by, aha!
  • rK_%s's Photo
    i haven played out this year with the wife pregnant but we use to have a 4 man thing goin on downtown at the local clubs, all live, My Boy Mattie On the turn tables, Babir on the MPC, My boy glenn, DJ Trust, also with his turntables on serato an my on my MPC an working the laptop switching instrumentals while i would tap out my drums live an babir would do his original synths an cuts while matie an trust would scratch with us. it was dope shit, $80 bucks a night an free beer an we were asked back every weekend, hopfully within the next 2-3 months we can get that goin again, i miss playing infront of big crowds :'(

Posted Image
    Posted Image

Edited by rK_, 20 October 2009 - 11:47 AM.

• zodiac%s's Photo
    we had an all-night thing at my high school. it was about three in the morning and about half the people there moved into the piano room in out band hallway. i grabbed a guitar and my best friend got on a piano. we played maybe twelve songs, me singing them all. everyone loved it, it was really fun. i can't remember all the songs, but they included Play Crack the Sky and Limousine by Brand New, King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1 and Two Headed Boy Pt. 2 by Neutral Milk Hotel, I Can Feel a Hot One and Now That You're Home by Manchester Orchestra, and i think a few Anthony Green songs, too. it was great, probably the best my singing had ever been and the most confident i'd ever been about playing.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    thats awesome bro ^

i would love to hear you singing some A.Green.

his stuff is amazing.

was it some Avalon? or circa stuff
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    um, i think i did Act Appaled, but other than that it was Avalon stuff. She Loves Me So and Miracle Sun.
    ahh.

excellent selection:]
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I've been a marching member of the Glassmen the past two summers. The details are too much to explain succinctly, but here's an idea of this summer-

3-month nationwide competitive tour with 40+ performances, sleeping/living in tour buses and high school gymnasiums, 8+ hours of rehearsal a day, performing 4+ nights a week for crowds ranging from 250 to 10,000 at regionals to a just-under-half-capacity Lucas Oil Stadium. The people I met there will be close friends for the rest of my life, and each summer was an experience I'll never forget.

Warming up before the Atlanta regional
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=c0gpnevYs64
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    High School Talent show 2009. My debut live performance. This is from a trio performance I did with some of my friends who did more of a acoustic reggae thing. I also performed a complete song and rocked the crowd!
  • gir%s's Photo
    Damn ][, that may be the best thing I've heard all day.
  • Steve%s's Photo

I Can Feel a Hot One by Manchester Orchestra

I am extremely curious as to hearing this one, dude. I still can't get my head around how Hull does this shit.

oh, and my gig tonight went pretty well. no fowl-ups and everything was smooth.
    hopefully i can wrangle up some pictures or video for you guys.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    look up the tab. once you have all the positions down, it's incredibly simple.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

I've been a marching member of the Glassmen the past two summers. The details are too much to explain succinctly, but here's an idea of this summer-

3-month nationwide competitive tour with 40+ performances, sleeping/living in tour buses and high school gymnasiums, 8+ hours of rehearsal a day, performing 4+ nights a week for crowds ranging from 250 to 10,000 at regionals to a just-under-half-capacity Lucas Oil Stadium. The people I met there will be close friends for the rest of my life, and each summer was an experience I'll never forget.

Warming up before the Atlanta regional
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=c0gpnevYs64

Similarly, I did the Cadets Drum and Bugle Corps 2 summers ago, and actually met up with ][ a couple times.
    Posted Image
    I'm in the maroon, ][intamin on the left. At the point that this pic was taken we were both emaciated from having lost all body fat and were sunburnt with strange tan lines everywhere, so don't judge us.

The only difference between my summer and his was that I rarely practiced for less than 12 hours a day (with the longest being an 18 hour practice day, and 14 hours not being terribly uncommon). Don't ask why we do this, because you probably wouldn't understand.

Here's a pic from finals in '08. Both ][ntamin and I performed for this crowd of about 18,000 people:
    Attached Image: Finals2008Audience.jpg

Performance video. Watch before you ever make fun of a band kid again.
    http://www.youtube.c...ok.com/home.php

Standstills:
    On Hymn Song of Phillip Bliss: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
    Rocky Point Holiday: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DWp6BGUPbhQ

Edited by Midnight Aurora, 23 October 2009 - 05:03 PM.

• rK_%s's Photo
    lmao, ][ tans like me... we dont.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

lmao, ][ tans like me... we dont.

melo section, beginning of the season:
    Posted Image

mello section, end of the season:
    Posted Image

Guess which one i am. x_x
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Haha, nice Intamin! :p

I'll try and get some videos on YouTube, but for now I found a picture of my band's last set on Facebook:

Posted Image

Hoo-rah.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    your playing at hot topic steve.
  • Steve%s's Photo

your playing at hot topic steve.

... yeah, and?
    ^better than playing at a random house party out in the middle of nowhere.

i just got back from a show we played tonight at some random girl's 18th birthday party.
    we dont usually play house shows, being that they're typically super unorganized, sound system sucks, and the other bands that play are usually pretty crappy.

well for some reason, we ended up playing anyways, just because its local, there were free cupcakes, lots of girls in the 17-19 year old range, (and she paid us like 95 bucks:] )

i dont have any pictures at the moment, so you'll have to take my word for it that it was intense lol.
    we played last, so the whole crowd ended up staying for us.

about halfway through our set, some idiot kid who calls himself 'DarkAngel' got in the pit and started pushing and hitting everyone.
    [he wears all black, has multiple piercings, horrible tattoos, long hair died red, eyeliner, trip pants, and talks with a lisp.]
    needless to say, he ended up hitting a girl, and got threatened by this big dude.
    he ended up pushing the big dude.
    after we finished playing, we began packing up, and i heard this loud commotion.

i run over to see whats going on, and there was this massive brawl going on between DarkAngel idiot and a few of his friends, against about 5 big dudes. (the big group of guys are known around here as the HardcoreDouchebags. they've all got gauges and short tempers)
    so basically, it was a massacre.
    i was running lights for the show, so i turned the spotlights on so everyone could see the fight lol.

the girls dad ended up coming out of the house, and a few bigger guys stepped in and broke it up, so everyone kind of dispersed, because the cops were on their way.

so yeah, it was pretty crazy aha.

oh the bright side, there was a table filled with a huge tray of chocolate cupcakes.
    as we started taking some, the girl said we can take as many as we want.
    my friend jeff interpreted it as 'take the whole tray'.
    so he walked out to my car with a whole tray of cupcakes:]

in the car as we were heading out, we spied DarkAngel and his friends chilling by their car, still talking crap and wanting to start fights.

he ended up recieving a choco cupcake to the face, courtesy of my friend jeff:]

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading