News / Call for new Review Authors

• posix%s's Photo
    As of late, geewhzz and I have had more difficulties to get write-ups done for release pages. In our current model, these are done by those members of the 'Release Prep' forum who had told us they were willing to become writers for the site. While we're very happy for every write-up we've been receiving, at some point in time it can be observed that doing write-ups might no longer be as exciting for someone as it was when he first joined the crew. At least that's how we believe the situation can be explained. The problem that arises from this is that we have to make submitters wait longer and longer before their release page can go up. This is rather unfortunate and we feel bad about our huge submission to release time interval.

Thus, to fix this problem, we have decided to make a few 'author' positions vacant by dropping people who it seems have lost all intention to do write-ups (they haven't done so in months), and would like to encourage everyone who is interested to join and take their places. Even if you are one of those who have been dropped, you can reapply now and prove us we were wrong about dropping you!

What's in it for you?

• You get to see all our releases before they are officially released. You don't get to see submissions that didn't make it, obviously. Only the winning parks go into release prep.
    • You get a chance to do some 'opinion making' as a writer since visitors will read your reviews and reflect your opinion on the park and its aspects. In fact, as a writer you have the chance to educate the community by telling them what the respective creator has won before, what style he applies in his park, what parks he will most likely have been inspired by, etc. You can work in all your analytical competencies and interpretations here.
    • You will get feedback before a write-up is used by the rest of the crew.
    • You receive the admins' gratitude and respect :)

What's expected of you?
    • Ability to write in fluent English.
    • Apply summarizing skills including the parkmaker's history, present and future into a coherent writeup.
    • Follow our write-up format, starting with an introductory paragraph about the parkmaker, a body about the park and a conclusion.

So how about it? If you're up for it, please post below. Thanks in advance!
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    yes please
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    you can already do them, and you have done one, so what's stopping you?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    :(
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I would like to do some writeups, but I don't always have the time and motivation. I promised a lot of writeups for several releases but I still haven't done them. Zippo's for example, I still want to do that one but it has been two months already. Moreover, I don't think I have the right language skills. My grammar/spelling can be corrected by some native speaker, that isn't the problem but I think it's hard to write an exciting story in English. Lastly, I may have to do some write-ups for releases I don't like...
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I'll do some
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I'm happy to do write-ups. I did half of one for The Island so you know what my writing style etc is.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    I would love to do it. but my english isn't good enough I think and I think I will probally be to subjective in my stories to make it a good review.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    I'm your man, posix! You can refer to NeMica, Chamois, or Ancient Mesas if you want.

Edited by FullMetal, 29 October 2009 - 04:47 PM.

• J K%s's Photo
    I feel bad your getting new people in. When I'm free i always make sure it runs smoothly but since I've been at uni I havent been available at all! Sorry guys I feel really bad!
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    I would like to write some write-ups. I really have something to say about nearly every park here, though I might not be able to because my LL disk has been fractured, and I'll have to buy a new one soon.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Just curious, but how selective are you going to be about choosing new authors?

Also, I always got the impression we shouldn't be "reviewing" or "giving our opinions" within the write up. Is this what we want now, or are we sticking to giving a third party perspective on the accolade? Just wondering if we're changing how we do things.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    I'm curious to see if Mike Robbins signs up. Mike, consider this your call out.
  • jusmith%s's Photo
    I would be interested. I have a lot of time on my hands, anyways.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    I'd like to try. But I'm new so I doubt you guys will let me.
  • Stoksy%s's Photo
    I'll give it a crack!
  • Marlin%s's Photo
    I would definitely be interested in offering my writing skills to this community. I've been a member of the NE for awhile and visit all the forums frequently and daily. I am also very experienced in the writing field and quite capable of all the research required for a write-up....

(i feel like i just applied for a second job) :unsure:
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Hmm, my english isn't good enough too bad. 

I think that Stoksy and Wanted are too unexperienced, I don't want to sound like a dick but Posix said he was looking for people to tell a bit about a parkmakers history, if you chose new people for writing etc. How are they gonna now the entire history of a parkmaker? I don't even know it yet, and I am already over a year a member here (reason 2 for me). 

I think some oldies would be good :D (Levis for example, has a great hart for the game and knows the community a bit) too bad he already said no, but this was only an example, I think you guys can find more guys like him. 
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    I wish I could, but, I would only be able to review RCT2 parks without custom objects. Suppose I could dig up LL though, except no Drexler Patch, so.. Still, I'd like to give it a go. Or am I too new?

Edited by RCTMASTA, 31 October 2009 - 12:34 AM.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

Hmm, my english isn't good enough too bad. 

I think that Stoksy and Wanted are too unexperienced, I don't want to sound like a dick but Posix said he was looking for people to tell a bit about a parkmakers history, if you chose new people for writing etc. How are they gonna now the entire history of a parkmaker? I don't even know it yet, and I am already over a year a member here (reason 2 for me). 

I think some oldies would be good :D (Levis for example, has a great hart for the game and knows the community a bit) too bad he already said no, but this was only an example, I think you guys can find more guys like him. 

i dont know the entire history of most parkmakers. good job we have a little thing called e mails to send to find out abit of background info.
    also, ive been in the comunity not long at all, and i think i know my way around here pretty well. meaning, you cant really give this stuff time limits. or anything on this site for that matter.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading