Music Forum / If you hate rap music then stay away from this topic

• Fenrir%s's Photo
    Because I am going to ask 2 questions that are probably the reason you hate rap music.

1) Does anyone have a nice long list of all the rap songs about pimping? I prefer more hard and mean ones like D12 "Pimp Like Me" or Lil Jon "Contract" but any song that degrades woman and glorifies pimping is great for me. If you don't like fuck off I warned you not to read this.

2) Does anyone know where I can "obtain" the Suave Smooth 2006 U Know My Name mixtape. Because my usual "source" has no "cedar trees".

Thanks.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I don't really listen to that much rap anymore aside from like KiD CuDi, LMFAO, Asher Roth, Kanye, Shwayze, Common and Lupe Fiasco. I don't really care for your taste in rap but I feel like you would like most stuff by the Ying Yang Twins, the album "The Sexorcist" by Necro, Pretty Ricky, and the song "Some Cut" by Trillville. They all seem to heavily focus on degrading women
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    I am interested as well. I love intolerance and I love harsh rap songs.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo

I don't really listen to that much rap anymore aside from like KiD CuDi, LMFAO, Asher Roth, Kanye, Shwayze, Common and Lupe Fiasco.

aha dang dude, you've got good taste !

i love cudi lol

how about drake?

my roommate always plays this sort of music, so i learned to embrace it lol
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    That's horrible taste. I hate the popular rap and hip-hop atm. Lil wayne, kid kudi, lmfao, kanye, LIL WAYNE, that what you say song, L I L W A Y N E.

Common however, me likey :D
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    chill out bro, it could be worse actually.

another one of my roommates listens to nothing but soulja boy all day.
    now thats the 'hiphop' i cant stand whatsoever.

he said if you hate, stay away:]

though i'm not a huge fan, i dont hate it lol
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    http://musicthatmake...dumb.virgil.gr/
  • Fisch%s's Photo

aha dang dude, you've got good taste !

i love cudi lol

how about drake?

my roommate always plays this sort of music, so i learned to embrace it lol

Kanye, Kid Cudi, Common, Lupe and Drake...you guys seem to have my taste. :p
  • RRP%s's Photo

That's horrible taste. I hate the popular rap and hip-hop atm. Lil wayne, kid kudi, lmfao, kanye, LIL WAYNE, that what you say song, L I L W A Y N E.

Lil wayne makes me laugh but not as much as stuff like n-dubz.Those guys are hilarious.Spinal Rap anyone?
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Lil wayne isn't that good (overrated) and Asher Roth is just awful. Just awful.

I'm a big Em, Dr dre, 50, D12 fan. Love shady records. I do like kayne a lot and drakes good. I'm really starting to like trey songz and love akon and t-pain.

I also like the 305 click with rick ross and pitbull.

And of course Jay-Z's still a beast. Em's, still my fav tho.
    -JDP
  • inVersed%s's Photo

Lil wayne isn't that good (overrated) and Asher Roth is just awful. Just awful.

I'm a big Em, Dr dre, 50, D12 fan. Love shady records. I do like kayne a lot and drakes good. I'm really starting to like trey songz and love akon and t-pain.

I also like the 305 click with rick ross and pitbull.

And of course Jay-Z's still a beast. Em's, still my fav tho.
    -JDP

I agree with you about Lil Wayne, but I question how you can say Asher Roth is awful. His lyrics have more substance than most of the artist your named aside from Eminem, Kanye, and Jay-Z. Yeah "I Love College" was poser rap to the max but it was so catchy and chill when it was first released. How can you say he is awful compared to a rapper that says "Its elementary, life is but a dream, You know row, row ya boat, your blood forms a stream" (50 Cent). haha!

However, I do like listening to some 50 also when I am in a bad mood.
  • rK_%s's Photo
    i think all of you need to get off the radio frequency an dig a little deeper into Hip Hop an get away from the mainstream, theres more talent underground then anyone on the radio. everything on the radio is pay to play, thats why you hear the same songs 20 times a day and the usually on another station at the same time, its gettin to the point where your music doesnt even have to have an appeal because people listen for "types" of songs now more then the actual substance in them, if you sound like someone else, your good.

prime example, The New Kids, totally jacked the sound an style of The Cool Kids, if you have never heard of the cool kids go put em on lastfm or whatever you play an just hear the similarities between the two, its sad that one side is actual talent that creates there own beats an writes there own lyrics to two kids who copied an image and sound but put a more mainstream lyric approach an situation an they are over night successes, an the only thing they had to do was sound like everything else out there.

the mainstream media has fucked up hip hop an what it was, its still alive, but its no on your presets an i think alot of you who talk about "rap" are seriously mislead in what music is suppose to be, its not a fucking image.

sorry. hip hop is my life, ill leave yall to it.
  • rK_%s's Photo

i like you. common is a man with a real love for hip hop an what it is, his new album is a testament of his drive to keep hip hop breathing underneath this mass of sames. Him and J Dilla made some of the most epic music this world has ever heard, sad part is most will never hear it.

Edited by rK_, 19 November 2009 - 07:08 PM.

• inVersed%s's Photo
    rK_ I used to like underground hip hop a lot before I lost the taste for it. I know all about Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Ill Bill, Army of The Pharoahs, Cunninlynguists, Soul Position, Perceptionist, Bronze Nazareth, and MF Doom
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    eminem blows.
    gucci mane blows.
    plies blows.

oj da juice man isn't good.
    dmx is annoying.

the rest is decent enough to listen to except that one song that goes 'the first of the month like a c*nt on the cycle.' that song blows.

mf doom is starting to wear down on me. i think i'm starting to see him as formulaic, tho it might just be i'm more used to mainstream hip hop deliveries.

as long as you have a high school vocabulary or above, have something to say (it could even be about cash and hoes) and use producers that have an ear then the song will be worth listening to at least once. eminem definitely didn't have the latter two on his last album. gucci mane never has the first. plies sucks all around. lil wayne lacks the second one often, but usually he'll make up for it with wordplay (if not it stinks).

/endrant
  • inVersed%s's Photo

gucci mane blows.

Uhm, are you serious:

[Chorus x2]
    Put the pounds in the trash can Gucci do the dishes,
    Don't nobody nobody fuck with my kitchen
    Bought a old school then I sat it on 6's
    How u cop it, how u get it, plenty working in the kitchen

[Verse 1]
    Thirty thousand dollars for the So Icy squad
    Thousand pound deal for the so icy boys
    Gucci unquriest a so icy shark
    Selling white chalk tryna duck these narcs
    Buffalo and horns that's a D.U.B
    34 inch ash ante's on the humphy
    Whole lotta purp, whole lotta green,
    Whole hep of white, large amount of beans
    Got dem collard greens, sell allot of things
    4 plus a 4 dog that's a chicken wings
    Trapping in a drought, money in the vault
    Bring me another pot and another vault
    GUCCI

[Chorus x2]

[Verse 2]
    Gucci don't care, scale like yeah,
    Mojos there, egg beaters there
    Our beater, block beater o.j here
    Oh my god it's zone 6 year
    Zone 6 chimps, boulder crest bear
    Zone 6 rims, and boulder crest jills
    30 inches got me looking down on him
    And I'm so high it's so lonely up here
    Jumping out the vert it's some bitches over there
    Big booty bitches loves a good cooking player
    Bricks in the basement, pills in the cabinet
    Pounds in the closet, money in the attack
    GUCCI

[Chorus x2]

[Verse 3]
    Dope bowl crack, now we getting mad
    But we ain't really lost cuss we can ice-a-toil dat ass
    When we bringing route, bring it to ya doe
    Money on the flo, bring money to the door
    GUCCI

[Chorus x2]
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    If you've heard of them and they make a more than comfortable living off of their rap, then I probably won't seek out their music. I've had enough of the mainstream.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    i actually like rap, though im not crazy about the lyrics nowadays.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading