Related Games / Azure Sky

• ahank%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Bringing it over from the dump.

Posted Image
    Majorly unfinished. Just trying to show the direction I'm going in.

Comments/criticism are always gladly accepted!

Edited by ahank, 02 January 2010 - 05:31 PM.

• hulkpower25%s's Photo
    Good Start
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I love that 2nd screen.
  • Xophe%s's Photo
    Why does the track disappear into a grey block in the first screen? If it dives underground in a tunnel the transition must be really really sharp...
    The second screen is nice - love the custom lamps.
  • ahank%s's Photo

Good Start

Thanks.

I love that 2nd screen.

Why thank you

Why does the track disappear into a grey block in the first screen? If it dives underground in a tunnel the transition must be really really sharp...
    The second screen is nice - love the custom lamps.

That is a temporary hydraulics room. The coaster is an Intamin launching coaster, such as Kingda Ka. I'm trying to make it more lifelike by adding a hydraulics room as seen here -
    Posted Image
    Don't worry, the current one is temporary. I know it looks crappy :p
  • ahank%s's Photo
    With hydraulics room -
    Posted Image

Or without -
    Posted Image

Edited by ahank, 01 January 2010 - 11:09 PM.

• CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Good idea with the room, you just need to work on the execution a little. First off, it only needs to be about 6 squares big.. maybe a 3x3 if you want that sort of thing. Second, location. It's tucked right under the pull up. See here with Stealth:
    http://rcdb.com/3081.htm?p=15432

So really if that big hill is your first, then your room would be offscreen right.
  • ahank%s's Photo
    Thank you for the pic CP6! I have been looking everywhere for a picture of a hydraulics room. I'll work on execution when I feel like playing again.
  • ahank%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Maybe more pics later.
  • ahank%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Comments/criticism would be awesome. I strive to improve my work, and your comments and criticism really help alot.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    Really, really great. The landscaping in the first screen is good.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    not bad. I like the flowers.
  • ahank%s's Photo
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Both screens unfinished.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    I like the first screen, but the white brick seems a bit too unnatural. In the second screen, I don't like the land type behind the door, it makes the door stand out too much. Other than that, I really like it!
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    For what it's worth, you have very nice structure in image 2. You got a sort of old world flavor going on. Then BAM! You slap a 7/11 door on it and top it off with blue tile.

That brown jacked up roof in the first image looks so tacked on. It doesn't even match the rest of the structure. Plus the whole structure is totally blocky.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Yeah...for what it's worth. Maybe you should BAM! some helium filled balloon feet to it.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    I think the station looks pretty nice actually. I wouldn't hold it to just a rectangle, though. Sometimes space to breathe is good. I like to give at least 2 squares on each side, or at the very least 2 on load, 1 on unload. But this form looks pretty ok.
    The main thing I'd change in the path-- I really don't like that style except when it's off the ground for a bridge or something. I'd stick to something full tile here since you're doing your own fences. Maybe just lower the land, use invisible path, and put one of those tarmac objects down.

You're progressing well.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    it's very pleasant. i loike it.
  • ahank%s's Photo

I like the first screen, but the white brick seems a bit too unnatural. In the second screen, I don't like the land type behind the door, it makes the door stand out too much. Other than that, I really like it!

Thanks. Are you suggesting I paint the brick a different color, or replace the brick with a different block type?

For what it's worth, you have very nice structure in image 2. You got a sort of old world flavor going on. Then BAM! You slap a 7/11 door on it and top it off with blue tile.

That brown jacked up roof in the first image looks so tacked on. It doesn't even match the rest of the structure. Plus the whole structure is totally blocky.

I definitely agree with you on the first part. I thought it looked very out-of-place as well. I've pretty much re-done that entire part.

The second part I sort-of disagree on. The colors on the "tacked on" part of the roof are supposed to match up with the color of the supports of the coaster. I thought it looked alright, but I guess everyone has their own opinions! :)

Yeah...for what it's worth. Maybe you should BAM! some helium filled balloon feet to it.

Wait, what?

I think the station looks pretty nice actually. I wouldn't hold it to just a rectangle, though. Sometimes space to breathe is good. I like to give at least 2 squares on each side, or at the very least 2 on load, 1 on unload. But this form looks pretty ok.
    The main thing I'd change in the path-- I really don't like that style except when it's off the ground for a bridge or something. I'd stick to something full tile here since you're doing your own fences. Maybe just lower the land, use invisible path, and put one of those tarmac objects down.

You're progressing well.

Path is gone, replaced with the tarmac-things. Looks much better.

On the first part of your post, are you saying that I should widen the station a bit? I was a tad confused there.

it's very pleasant. i loike it.

Shankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Your station is kind of a nice small package right now, but I'd probably suggest you go wider, at least on the load side. Like I said, it's a personal preference thing, but I like to give a bit more space to move in stations.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading