Theme Park Discussion / info on pass for us east coast parks

• posix%s's Photo
    hey,

i'm looking to buy a gift for someone who will soon be traveling the us east coast and while doing so intends to visit a lot of parks from ny to fl. he's very much into coasters. i've heard there's some sort of special offer where you can buy a pass that will allow you to enter all kinds of east coast parks. is that true? maybe does any of you know about it and give me some info?

thanks in advance.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I have never heard of anything like that (but I'm sure someone else has), but you could always do a Six Flags, Busch Gardens, Disney, or Universal pass; they all have multiple park destinations on the eastern seaboard. Good luck, pos! Maybe someone like CedarPoint6 or whoever else has better knowledge on this could shed some light.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    I'm pretty sure there's a big combo pass you could do for the FL parks... Maybe CityPass?
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I've never heard of a pass that encompasses all the different themepark chains but in doing research into my own trip to the US this summer I've found the cheapest way to tackle the parks is to buy a season pass for the Cedar Fair, Paramount and Six Flags parks (if visiting more than one) and for Florida the OrlandoFlexTicket (Universal, IOA, Busch Gardens, Sea World) and Disney Park Hopper passes are your best bet.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Paramount was bought out by Cedar Fair years ago now... and Six Flags is rumored to buying Cedar Fair in the coming weeks.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Yeah I knew about Paramount, not sure why I still included them as they would come under Cedar Fair parks...nostalgia I guess.

Six Flags aren't buying anyone, they are bankrupt! It's rumoured that Apollo Global Management may make an attempt to acquire Six Flags shortly after they finalize the deal to buy Cedar Fair to create a monopoly over the themepark industry in the US which would suck quite frankly.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    That's what it was... Apollo. My bad.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    If you're going to get a Six Flags pass, make sure you buy it from Six Flags America or some small SF park. If you buy it from SFGAdv, you'll wind up paying like 30 dollars more or something.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    A Six Flags pass from any park will run you about $50-100 or so, with about $50 extra for parking. The pass will get you into any Six Flags, but the parking is supposed to only be for your home park, so I wouldn't recommend getting that part of it (though I was able to get free parking when I visited SFA). A Cedar Fair Platinum pass gets you into any Cedar Fair park and includes free parking, but probably costs about $100-$200. Universal and Disney probably aren't worth buying season passes for, just go with tickets or a CityPass. A Busch Platinum pass might be worthwhile as long as you don't buy it in Florida, as everything is much more expensive there. Any Busch pass will get you free parking at your homepark, but only the Platinum pass gets you into all the parks with free parking at all of them. However, any one of their annual passes will give you 1/2 price admission at any Busch park, so that might be cheaper.

Going from NY to FL I'd probably recommend the following (though just buying tickets might be cheaper):
    *Six Flags season pass from whichever park is visited first (probably the Great Escape or SFGAdv). Also use at SFA and SFOG.
    *Cedar Fair platinum pass at Dorney Park or King's Dominion, also use at Carowind's.
    *Busch Platinum pass at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, also use at BGT and SWF.
    *Either a 1-day 2-park/day ticket for Universal Orlando, or a 2-day 1-park/day ticket.
    *A 4-day 1-park/day pass for DisneyWorld (or a 3-day park hopper pass if you're short on time).
    *There are several other worthwhile parks along the way, but I think those are all the ones where a season pass might help.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    You gotta go to Hershey. You won't find any season pass multiple park thing for there, but it's a great trip.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading