Ask the Experts / Air Powered Coaster testing

• MadraDot%s's Photo
    Is there any way to test or open Air Powered coasters without completing the track? For example, if you want to make a half pipe or something. I'm new here, and I can't seem to find a way, the game always says I need to complete the circuit first. Also, it's RCT2 since you can easily do this in LL if I remember right.

Thanks,
    Dot

Edited by MadraDot, 17 April 2010 - 07:03 AM.

• SSSammy%s's Photo
    are you familiar with trainers, madradot?
    welcome to NE
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Welcome to NE. :)

1. Download the 8Cars Trainer
    2. Rides -> Modify ride options -> choose your ride -> set operating mode to: powered launch mode
    3. Click OK or APPLY
    4. Go back to game
    5. Test it

Hope it works. :)
  • MadraDot%s's Photo

welcome to NE

I have 8Cars 1.21, 1.302, 1.31, 1.32, SoB and some others.

Welcome to NE. :)

1. Download the 8Cars Trainer
    2. Rides -> Modify ride options -> choose your ride -> set operating mode to: powered launch mode
    3. Click OK or APPLY
    4. Go back to game
    5. Test it

Hope it works. :)

I've tried that before but it wouldn't do the trick. Even boat hire mode didn't work. :(
  • GigaG%s's Photo

welcome to NE

Woah, I was not given a warm welcome to New Element like madradot!

As for the question, try to cope with it and find alternatives. That is what hacking is about.
  • MadraDot%s's Photo
    Isn't there a way to force it open or something like that? It seems like the air powered coaster track doesn't allow opening when it's not completed. Like I've said before, even Boat Hire mode didn't open the ride.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    Try changing the operating mode to "Powered Launch(no station pass)".
  • MadraDot%s's Photo

Try changing the operating mode to "Powered Launch(no station pass)".

Thanks, I've just tried that, but without success again. Also, no station pass isn't what I'm looking for.
    If this turns out to be impossible (which I highly doubt) I'll just have to go with another track. :(
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    merge it then. the only downside is you can't do block sections. is that much of an issue? just merge another ride onto the air powered track and the game will be tricked into thinnking that the air powered track is a continuation of the ride.
  • Cena%s's Photo

Woah, I was not given a warm welcome to New Element like madradot!

As for the question, try to cope with it and find alternatives. That is what hacking is about.

This explains it all

Thanks, I've just tried that, but without success again. Also, no station pass isn't what I'm looking for.
    If this turns out to be impossible (which I highly doubt) I'll just have to go with another track. :(

Have you tried, downward launch mode? It might take off in the wrong direction but it would be possible :)

Oh, and can you post a screenshot of what you want to make, I might can give it a try / help you further. 
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Use a station of a coaster that supports powered launch mode and then merge the track to air powered coaster and change your train type.
  • MadraDot%s's Photo

Have you tried, downward launch mode? It might take off in the wrong direction but it would be possible :)
    Oh, and can you post a screenshot of what you want to make, I might can give it a try / help you further. 

Thanks, I've just tried Downward launch mode, even that didn't work, I guess you can't use unfinished apl track without merging.

I also tried to merge it. It crashed (I know how to merge). I'll attempt it again though and do it different this time.

EDIT: http://upload.wikime...ertuis_City.JPG That's pretty much what I'm trying to do. You see, the apl track is perfect for that, but I may use twister track or something if this is too hard.

Edited by MadraDot, 17 April 2010 - 09:56 AM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading