(Archive) Advertising District / New.

• Dyll%s's Photo
    I know what you guys are thinking, "huh?, another park of Dyll?'. Yes, and this park is going to be finished even if it is the last thing in my life to do. And since I have a problem with finishing parks, I made this extra small so it's easier for me to finish this piece.

The entrance area:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here we've got the German zone:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for watching! I aprecciate comments on how to improve certain things.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    thats actually really cute.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    I guess you could call it "cute", I call it cool.

Great job, Dyll. Can't wait for more.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I don't really get the queue for the top spin, I can't tell if it's meant to be a cattle pen queue or individual sections for each gondola (in which case this isn't necessary on top spins...top scans yes).

Everything else I really like. The German section looks very cool, especially the station for the woodie.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Again. 

^ That topic title would be a lot better. 

Dyll, I know you from the Dutch boards and in the last 1.5 years or longer I have hardly seen any improvement at all in your RCT creations, I think it's because you have a lack of inspiration and therefore you don't experiment a lot to get better at this game. I would like to see more research in the theme you are doing and in the end your screens + parks will become a lot better then! 

Edit: Six Frags, if you are going to post in this topic, don't mention the cjk roofs please ...

Edited by Cena, 28 April 2010 - 04:27 PM.

• Dyll%s's Photo
    @Cena: Ok, you don't see any improvement the past 1.5 years? Then compare this with the screens above.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a bit more recent.

Posted Image

Now say it again.

But anyway, everbody thanks for the comments!

Edited by Dyll, 29 April 2010 - 05:07 AM.

• Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    That looks like a step down.

Screens 1 and 2 are blocky, undetailed, and the foliage looks bad.
    Screen 3 is ok though.
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Don't listen to Cena.

I agree with SSSammy, it looks cute. :)

Here are a few tipps:
    - not every wall needs a window
    - don't use to much different colours
    - the umbrellas don't look good, use awnings or other roofs
    - put some more details on your roofs, like chimneys

Good luck! :)
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    >.>

Alpengeist... it looks like a step down because it IS a step down... read what Dyll said..
  • Cena%s's Photo

Don't listen to Cena.

Why not? Something wrong with that I am giving my opinion?  

And Dyll, I said 'hardly seen any improvement'. Sure there is improvement but it's almost nothing in 1.5 years if you ask me ... (if you look at your firstpost and the one with the older screens, you will see a lot of resemblances). 
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    its not that you are giving your opinion, its that you are forcing it on everyone else as if they must believe it too
  • Cena%s's Photo

its not that you are giving your opinion, its that you are forcing it on everyone else as if they must believe it too

Read my first comment and you would see I didn't. 
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo

>.>

Alpengeist... it looks like a step down because it IS a step down... read what Dyll said..

Crap, sorry I didn't see that. Well the third screen looks good anyway.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    The buildings look very cute indeed. Try making them with the fluffy flowers, since their color is much more like the colors you are using for your buildings.
  • Dyll%s's Photo
    Yes, it has been a very long time since the last update more than a year ago, but here is a small one.

First, I added a small playground in the German sector:

Posted Image

A new house house next to that small one. Behind the houses I've built a new ride to fill up that lost space.

Posted Image

Posted Image

See you in a year! No, just kidding. I hope.
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    Nice stuff. I love the old-typical dutch atmosphere. I only think you should vary more with colors. There is too much red and white only. I'm also not a big fan of the back of the buildings.
  • Dyll%s's Photo
    Working on the mainstreet of the new Wild Western sector.

Posted Image
  • posix%s's Photo
    Looks good, but you have a vision only for what you want the buildings to look like. What will go in them or what comes at the end of your path seems pretty much non-existent. Thus you need a much more global plan and direction in your parkmaking if you want to finish a large scale project and have it look remotely flowing, well connected and sensemaking.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I know they use flat facades in real life, but it doesn't translate well into rct2. put some structures behind those walls so they feel like actual buildings.

^listen to posix, this park does need some more sensemaking.
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    The facades are nice, but I have to agree with Posix.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading