Ask the Experts / Altering in game animations?

• dmaxsba%s's Photo
    I am wondering what if any programs are available to get inside the game and alter a few of it's animations. For example I would like to find the main file that holds all the balloon animations and tinker around with with them. What I want to do is change how the game displays a balloon when a guest has it in hand. Same with hats and maybe umbrellas. The change would occur when the color of the item is selected.

Coloring a balloon stall black would make the balloons sold look like a cat.
    ... grey a rocket ship
    ... white a clown head and so on.

Coloring a hat yellow would make the hats sold look like a jesters hat
    ... black a pirate hat
    ... dark purple a magic hat and so on.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    You can change the images but they would look the same for every colour.
  • Cena%s's Photo

I am wondering what if any programs are available to get inside the game and alter a few of it's animations. For example I would like to find the main file that holds all the balloon animations and tinker around with with them. What I want to do is change how the game displays a balloon when a guest has it in hand. Same with hats and maybe umbrellas. The change would occur when the color of the item is selected.

Coloring a balloon stall black would make the balloons sold look like a cat.
    ... grey a rocket ship
    ... white a clown head and so on.

Coloring a hat yellow would make the hats sold look like a jesters hat
    ... black a pirate hat
    ... dark purple a magic hat and so on.

Those images you want to edit are in the G1.DAT, the main file with all the images of the game (minus ride cars), so what you want is kinda impossible, there is only 1 version of the hat in there, which is colorable (as Liampie said), if you want to change that, you would need to send your G1.DAT to everyone who wants to use, and then they can only see one modification, and not more then that, you can't simply add hats to the game. 

I like the way you are thinking, but this is impossible to make. 
  • dmaxsba%s's Photo
    Well it still might be fun to get in there and play around with images so what program do I need to open G1?
  • Cena%s's Photo
    http://forums.nedesi...showtopic=21999

RCT 2 Gui Editor, is what you need to view the images in the G1.DAT, be save with it and back up your existing G1.DAT first before starting to play with it. 
  • dmaxsba%s's Photo
    ^ What a great group of downloads you have there. THANKS, this is going to be fun.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Easy now, Dan. Remember...detox is a bitch.
  • dmaxsba%s's Photo

...detox is a bitch.

lol, will definitely be experiencing that for the next two weeks, then it's back to the crack alley.

That g1 file is really interesting, a few months ago I was at a site (can't remember which one) and I downloaded a g1 file and put it in my objdata folder. Had no idea what it was so I removed it. Now that I know what it is I wish I had it back to see what was in it that was different.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Was it RCTModified you meant? 

http://rctarchive.co...ied/RCTM1.3.zip

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading