Theme Park Discussion / IF you owned any themepark

• Austin55%s's Photo
    This is what I would to with my home park, SFOT.

Posted Image

Posted Image
    Since SFOT is really missing a big modern B&M looper.

This could be fun to, SFOT+GASM, S:UF, Toro, Medusa,rolling thunder, and KK\
    Posted Image

Edited by Austin55, 27 June 2010 - 12:06 AM.

• Maverick%s's Photo
    I'd reopen Geauga Lake.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Well, I would want to own Six Flags Great America.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    CoughBuschGardensWilliamsburgCough
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I'd want one of those small parks that have shut down in recent years that I could "save" before man or nature takes them away for good.

Joyland - Wichita KS
    Williams Grove Amusement Park - Mechanicsburg PA
    LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park - Middletown OH

Nothing saddens me quite like an old family-run small-town amusement park with a classy wooden coaster biting the dust.

Ride6
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ugh
    Cedar Point...
    -JDP
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Six Flags over Georgia and then open it during the fucking week during August so that it would be open when I visit Atlanta this summer. What is with only opening weekends?
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    SFGADV is Spoiled, SFOT is where it's at :D
    Posted Image\

Posted Image

Im Unemployed Six Flags, I heard you might be looking for some new employees, I promise I wont put you back into bankruptcy :)
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    disney. if I had to pick, probably Disney World, but disney sea would be interesting.

I mean, really? people would rather own a six flags?

Ride6, you could re-open and fund any family park for the next five years with one day of disney profits.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Yeah disney is where its at guys
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    If you like kiddy rides. I think Disneyland needs a B&M hyper myself.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    any park with a substantial amount of space does not need a b&m hyper, that would ruin what is disneyland, its not a thrills central.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Maybe, but I don't want to run a Disney park. Seems stressful...

This thread seems to imply unlimited (or at least beyond enough) funds anyway. If I could keep the little places going that's where I'd be at. I guess I'd actually probably try to step in and fire Conneaut Lake Park a bit. Get Blue Streak up and running like new with the ol' NAD trains... Probably add a Gravity Group woodie or a small, compact looper in a couple years... Slowly grow it. Really make sure every major addition is something that's meant to last...

Ride6
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I would so one SFOT with you guys. Has a decent lineup, and I can't wait for the New Texas Giant. I'd probably add an Intamin along the lines of Expedition GeForce, too.
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    I know this is not a real themepark,but:
    Since I live on a farm in the mountains this would be a great location for a park.
    I would build some coasters from Intamin and B&M since they're from Switzerland,PLUS there aren't any rides of them in Switzerland,our only Coaster is a PAX from Russia,we don't have a decent park here!Since I'm a huge terrain coaster fan I would use the terrain here for the coasters for sure.
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    King's Dominion For sure---but not just 1305
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    I would own SFOT. Sell all the coasters and sell 1/3 of the land with all the buildings and pathings and build a nice big mansion for myself.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    If I owned Holiday World, I would tear down Pilgrims Plunge (it was a worthless waste of money) and replace it with a Swinging Ship. (It would fit the theme perfectly, I think.) Then I would expand the Christmas area by tearing up the Raven Lot and moving all available parking across the road. I would probably add some more kid-friendly flats and possibly a family friendly mine train coaster, if space permits. I would move all the machine shops and offices to new buildings across the road as well, to make room for a park-wide transportation system. (The whole park generally slopes downhill, and going from the Thanksgiving section to the entrance can be tiresome at the end of the day.) This would more than likely be a miniature railroad of sorts that would circumvent the park, making stops in the Christmas section, Thanksgiving, and the water park.

I would've loved to have sat down with Will and discussed the future of the park on technical level. He will be missed...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading