(Archive) Advertising District / Southwestern Adventures

• penguinBOB%s's Photo
    We've started a joint a while back and I wanted to see what you guys think of it...

Posted Image
    supertrooper's U.F.O. in the Area 51 section

Posted Image
    my shooter, Alien Escape, also in Area 51

Posted Image
    supertrooper's Diamondback station and 5 loops, the station will likely be given a "face lift"

Posted Image
    part of supertrooper's El Capitan, it has been messed around with since this screen

Posted Image
    my station to El Nino, a Morgan 4ft from hyper

Posted Image
    its turnaround

Posted Image
    supertrooper's La Nina, a junior coaster

Posted Image
    supertrooper's tower ride, which I added the "light" to it
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    And here's 3 screens of the nearly completed entrance (well sorta)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comments are greatly appreciated.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Shiloh Town 2!

well at least thats what it reminds me of,most of it is very nice and realistic,I really like it so far and if the coasters are good too then this park will be a hit in my books.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    that looks very nice!! i jus dont like the station to El Nino.. the rest is awesomeness :)
  • Segaman75%s's Photo
    Absolutely incredible. Great job you two! I love the architecture, I love the screens of the coasters, everything. Very nicely done.

Justin
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Wow some really nice architecture, I really like the station to Diamond Back. supertrooper's El Capitan also looks very nice but Im hoping the messing around bit has made it less twisted then it will kick ass. A very nice project so far.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I wouldn't do much to the station of Diamond Back I think it looks great maybe just a touch up here and there...

Otherwise things seem to be looking really good some great ideas architecturally. I like the crowded feel. I don't really like the station to el nino or the tower ride (maybe just the green tho), but otherwise very very nice!
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    Make it El Ninito...
  • Valhalla%s's Photo
    Looks good. Nice Realism, great architecture, as well as a good coaster nice work.

Valhalla
  • RMM%s's Photo
    :stupid: <<<< NOT REALLY

I just don't see what you guys see. I don't think it's all that good. Its ok, not bad. I like the colors you used for that twister coaster.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    U.F.O/ Area 51- Jagged rocks. No, so you guys know, I dont rave about them. There are places to use them, and places not to. This park is a good example of a park you really dont need to many jagged rocks in. However, for this particular screen, they are exactly what would benifit you most. The ground is just so boring. You need a few cacti, some bushes, and of course JAGGED ROCKS! Really, they would help.

Alien Escape- Its nice really. I guess. Just a few jagged rocks here and there ;)

Diamondback- The colors (for the coaster) are horrid. I mean, they are ugly. If thats what you were going for, then you accomplished it. However, I do suggest a different scheme......... tip- green and black really dont go together.

El Capitan- Not much to see. I can see its not done with though, so I really wont give any suggestions yet. Its fairly nice so far.

El Nino- Arggg...... it looks as if I will need to come up with a new name for my coaster. I see I have been beaten to it. Oh well, I probably need something a bit "juicier" anyways. Like WME said, the station needs work. The pirate walls dont really scream out southwestern to me. I'd suggest you avoid them for the most part. More detail is what you need for this station. Naturally.

El Nino/turnaround- Put some sort of brush on the shoreline. Not a lot, but just like a bush here or there.

"Tower Ride"- Brilliant idea. I really like that tower. Quite creative.

Architecture screens- I really liked this architecture, up until the last screen, where it is a bit overdone. Tone it down a bit. Detail is good, but it (like most everything else) can be overused. There is just some comment I want to make on how to make the architecture look a little bit better, but I cant really get a hold of it......... oh well. All the buildings are quite nice for the most part. Great variation of colors.
  • Totovita%s's Photo
    everything is fine except the first screen of the first post it looks kinda blank
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Wow. What can I say? The park looks great, just a few things I need to touch on though. First off, that station which might be gettin the face lift needs it. That one station of El Nino needs more outward push, not so vertical. And well, the architecture is nice all around. Hmmm. And that power tower, it doesnt look that good, I suggest redo it. Then your park will be lovely.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Well, i think the station to get the face lift looks fine. But it depends on what theme you're trying to achieve. The rest of it is very nice, i appreciate that some of the screens aren't finished though. I think the screens of the entrance look the best, however there may be a few too many colours. However, i don't think i would be bothered enough to change it, so don't.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    some new stuff by supertrooper, a log flume around a spanish mansion... right now it's called Mission Falls, but we're looking for a better name.

Posted Image
  • DippyDoodle%s's Photo
    awesome! nice park, but i am an easy judge...
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Here's a screen of the obviously not completed, but still interesting, kiddie playground thing.

Posted Image
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Looks really nice, I really like the little tunnel on the log flume. Maybe for a name as it looks Aztec "Aztec Quest", cheesy lol. And apart from the Diamond Back station pic the "kiddie playground thing" is the best screen so far for me, I think it is really nice. The net idea is really cool, I just think that kind of style of work would be best for a whole area not just a playground.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Compeleted Pueblo Play Place: check it

It's pretty cool...
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I like it! Nice creative Idea and well executed

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading