(Archive) Advertising District / Southwestern Adventures

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Wow I love the Spanish mission and the playground. It looks very much like Joe Holland's work which is pretty much the best compliment I can give.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Check this one out. It's of supertrooper's water coaster, similar to Journey to Atlantis. We're still looking for a southwestern name for it...

Here's a shot of Route 66, a properly themed car ride: a screen.

Comments, suggestions?
  • VegasCoaster%s's Photo
    The Journey to Atlantis doesn't look all that Southwestern to me, but a spainish name would work rather well. Love the diner on Route 66.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Awesome use of nets for the playground...
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    The last two aren't as good as the previous ones. The roof for the water coaster is very bland - more towers and turrets might work. As for route 66, nice, in a minimalistic way. Not enough theming to be anything special though.
  • fatkat61%s's Photo
    that looks so cool i like that creative play place

i know this isent in the sublect but in my parks i use roller coasters as a transportaion ride like a monorail
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Route 66 looks pretty cool. I like the diner and the gas station. It does look a little too flat and undetailed though. I don't mean you should make it all rocky but even the desert isn't as totally flat, put some small hills or something to make the terrain more interesting. Some bones might look nice there too. The Journey to Atlantis ride has a lot of potential. The colors are right on and I like the big drop but those walls need some more detail. Try out some columns and some of Toon Towner's 1/4 tile blocks if you have them and maybe some little bushes too. Just something to add some more texture and depth.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I don't understand why the arches leading to tunnels in the kid's playground aren't the same as the rest of the walls (they don't use the light coloured bricks - they're just rock). Why is that? Is that something that isn't possible in rct2?

I've never been a fan of realism, and have yet to really appreciate Shiloh Town, but I think that you're adding a bit of pizazz to the medium - especially colour wise.

Well Done!
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Yeah it's because the bricks are no longer a wall texture and therefore are only available as wall objects. You can't build a path through a wall object so either you use a door (which incidentally looks just like the ghost train doors which we're all accustomed to using as windows by now) or you are stuck with one of the four textures. It just doesn't make any sense why the textures were left out.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Um... The "Journey to Atlantis" ride is now called: The Journey of Coronado
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Posted Image

This is "The Poney Express." The little kiddies are put to the races by scattered 24mph chainlifts.
  • darkx199%s's Photo
    that looks very good, there sinister oz. like the park so far.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Yay! Bright archy, mantis should like this... The snow cups is named "Albaquerque Cups," there is also something big behind those buildings named "Phoenix Star," but I'm keeping it under-wraps (I guess) for now.
  • DragonInferno%s's Photo
    I was looking through the screens and I must say it all looks so very impressive. I'm not sure if I'm to big of a fan of the last screen, it just seems kinda out of place with the other screens (but I don't know all the sections so I could be wrong). And I'm not too much of a fan of really cluterred architecture, but the screens do still look very good.

~Dragon :t2: ~
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Looks like you've found a way to use the snow cups without them looking out of place. Excellent work there. Great color selections too.
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Whoa! A bit too bright there on that screen...but the overall look of the architecture looks good.

When I first saw the screens, I was thinking "whats so good about the architecture", as I had only seen the stations, and they just seemed kinda normal to me.

Then, I saw the real arcitecture, and WOW! Best realistic architecture I have seen in a long time! Keep it up!
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    A picture of supertrooper's "Rodeo," a sortof himlayan ride.

This project will be done within a week and a half, but prolly won't be released for a while.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    the pony express (pony, not poney) was awesome. The snow cup pic made me throw up. Good diea with rodeo.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    The last 3 screens are very nice. The 1st winds them because the architecture is nice. Its not really that hard to do but its just because you have put it together so well. 2nd screen is ok, I can take bright colours but not that bright, lol. The rodeo, well I can't really see much but it looks ok. Do more of that great architecture in the 1st of the 3rd latest screens and it will be good.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Nice stuff. To tell you the truth the last screens have not looks so hot. I dunno maybe you are rushing and such but they are nowhere near the quaility of the others. That water ride looks totaly out of place also. :( The kiddi playground would look alot better it it wasnt just flat rooves.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading