News / Submission Manager temporarily disabled

• posix%s's Photo
    Just a quick note that the submission manager has been temporarily disabled due to maintenance. We are hoping to make it available again in the upcoming days. Until then, make sure any park you are planning to submit is well exported and no finishing touches have been forgotten :)
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Noob question, but what do you mean when you say make the park exported?
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    When you save the game, make sure the "export custom object" box is checked in the options menu. This will imbed the DAT files into the saved game and install them when someone else opens the park. Also note that some custom rides do not get exported, you may need to include those with your submission.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Ah, now I know why the Submission Manager probably is temporarily closed, seeing ww's question ;)

SF
  • Levis%s's Photo
    /\ my toughts also
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    @maverick-how do you know when these custom rides do not export?
  • posix%s's Photo

@maverick-how do you know when these custom rides do not export?

create a backup of your objdata folder when rct2 is fresh installed, open a park, look for the "missing obj id" messages popping up which will reveal the name of the dats that do not export, collect them from a dat archive you ideally have on your computer, add them to your park's zip archive.

many people though simply try to remember which of their dats do not export and then add them. we check every download we prepare for ne release though, and i can tell you there are dozens of old downloads that are missing dats that do not export. thus, all the file preparation has to be redone for old releases that have never been checked. it's the reason why you still see "no file uploaded" on some parks' pages. but we have about 65% covered and are working towards 100%.

the problem is that rct2 simply was never intended for custom scenery objects. it has no proper management of dats, and chaos is created easily.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    ahhh thanks posix
  • Bolliger & Mabillard%s's Photo
    When do you think the submission manager will be reactivated?
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    I agree with B&M, because I'm leaving for two weeks and need to submit it by tomorrow at the latest!

oh and posix, why does it say you're British now and not German?
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Maybe because he's in England?
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Yeah, seems to be a system analyzing the IP address you log in with.
  • posix%s's Photo
    i was so excited to log in from here. i'll enjoy my time as a proud carrier of the union jack.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Where about are you? Welcome to the greatest country ever!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^London, I believe.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    When will we be able to submit?
  • Cena%s's Photo
    When Geewhzz has finished updating the submission manager, doh. It's not a big deal if it takes some time, there probably still is enough in the queue for releasing.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    When we submit parks, must the file be a zip? If so, how do you zip the file?
  • verti%s's Photo
    http://office.micros...90.aspx?redir=0

http://www.winzip.com/
    http://www.winrar.com/
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Thanks verti

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading