Blaze Battle / BBT-R2 - Kumba vs Maverick

Who do you think had the better rap?

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Please post your battles here. After both are posted a poll will be added and they will be voted on over the weekend. Most votes after then wins. If there is a tie the vote will stay open until another vote is cast.

Also remember:

- No posting until BOTH battles are posted. Feedback can wait till after both are up and if it is posted before then it will be deleted.
    - Battles must be between 15-20 lines long. No more, no less.
    - Voting will start once both battles are posted.
    - Winner moves on to finals.

Deadline to post battles is Friday July 23th at 11:59 PM EST.

Failure to post prior to the deadline will result in disqualification from the tournament.

Good luck.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Me and Maverick gona battle and not the one from Cedar Point, this Mav’s no fun
    All the old timers know you stole that name from the 80s chick flick Top Gun
    Think id forget or get confused, and damn your AIM name still says Tom Cruise
    I mean you even named a park after a movie with him running around in underwear
    It’s all really too much to bear, you need real help from an expert in psychiatry
    Never mind, I bet you saw him on Oprah and then converted to sciencetology
    There really is no hope for you, so I’m here to end it all and burn you like toast
    Yeah, I’ll kill your punk ass tomorrow, and at your séance murder your ghost
    My skill is like a furnace and it only gets hotter as I throw faggots like you on the fire
    Kinda like you did with LeBron’s jersey, so fuck the cavaliers, Dan Gilbert’s a liar
    The Heat will win not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, but many championships
    We did it in 2006 with D-Wade and who did we beat again?… oh yeah, the Mavericks
    I went crazy when we won, then a few years later insane and put in a straitjacket
    But I escaped that shit, unlike how you end here short of the final stage of the bracket
    Shitty parks and childish sigs and avatars won’t get you far, it’s just crap we ignore
    I find it despicable for me to see a 28 year-old here whose been on to catch a predator
    So watch 8 Mile all day, this result will still be the same, like the last time we battled
    Already hear the sounds of a death rattle as you write your lines and strain your brain?
    Im the Barack Obama of this game, so this “Maverick” is gona lose like John McCain
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    Kumba, I didn't want to do this to ya, but you just forgot what you need to do huh?
    I don't want to lose ya, but that verse is screwed up, as a matter of fact, I think I just threw up
    The Miami Heat was half of your verse and I can’t believe you actually went first
    Who you tryin to beat with mentions like those? Try red and peach, ok back to my prose
    You built up a-wall to make your last verse sound mean but this time I’m sending you Absent WithOut Leave
    That’s right, its AWOL and I’ll remind you proudly that this site wouldn’t host battles “Without Me”
    Back to Tom Cruise because I know it’s got you under the impression that you’re shit’s hot too
    But I will not lose my rhymes are just top fuel and we know by now the voters are not fooled
    All filler, no content, no rhyme or reason, this message here is your sign for leavin
    Just like Miami during hurricane season I’m about to tear down everything you’re believin
    I know you’ve been tryin to recreate yourself, but in these battles accolades are worthless not wealth
    I’m only tryin to help you our of your shell, but you still need a ladder to reach the top shelf
    Is Risky Business the only thing you got against me? I just met K0NG on the highway and smoked his Bentley
    And what a shitty finish, after that PM that you sent me, I’ve never seen a blaze battle here end so gently
    Not unlike Realms of Creation, this rap’s beginning is not your old Dimension
    With these “spells” that you’re facing, congrats on winning this Honorable Mention
  • verti%s's Photo
    Going with Maverick here, much better flow.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Meh, it was alright. I just hated how he talked about what I just posted for half the battle. That's cheap, you can only do it if you go second and Mav always waits to go second...
  • Maverick%s's Photo

Meh, it was alright. I just hated how he talked about what I just posted for half the battle. That's cheap, you can only do it if you go second and Mav always waits to go second...

Actually, I was going to mention quite a few of those things and changed them after I read your verse. The first two lines were improvised to follow your verse, and the mentions of Tom Cruise were imminent, so that was already in there. Risky Business was one of the few fillers I had thought of using and fit well to follow you, but I would have used "Risky Business" regardless.

And its absolutely not true that I "wait" to go second, I simply do not put a priority on these battles so they wait for a time when I've got nothing else to do. If you hadn't posted until tomorrow, my verse would have still been done today.

Thanks for believing in yourself though! :party:
  • rK_%s's Photo
    kumba FTW

mav your punchlines are weak an you have no setup line for any of them, too random.

its funny how no one knows what the fuck a battle is, votes based off someones flow is border line retarded. your suppose to go by the punchlines, metaphors, similes and the verse as a whole, if kumba looses this its because people dont know what there looking for.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I voted Kumba, although I have heard the "burnt like toast" before in a blaze battle. I think Fatha said it.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I feel like Kumba's verse only had 7 lines of "battle" in them. Most of which have been in EVERY verse against me. I'll agree that mine was somewhat "random" but typically battles don't have a set outline to follow, its just go with what comes to mind next. I think Kumba's biggest weakness in this one was that he was hardly ever talking about me. Lines 5-14 have almost no relevance to me with the exception that I'm from Cleveland. I could give two shits about the NBA, and the rest he was talking about himself.

L7, are you saying that someone who spends half the battle making up metaphores is better than someone who uses context and rhyme? There has to be a balance of both. Or I need to highlight my punches better?

I must be enlightened. :mantis:

PS-Oh, and my last two lines were designed to rhyme the whole time.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Only 13 votes, come on guys, this was imho a pretty good match-up lets get out the votes.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I just wanted to say I'm a bit disappointed in how this one turned out. Although I'm not entirely surprised. Other than a few notes I had about the admin days I really had nothing negative to say about kumba. Besides, I want to see the recreation too.

Good match darren. You've definitely improved over BB2 ;)
  • K0NG%s's Photo

mav your punchlines are weak an you have no setup line for any of them, too random.

its funny how no one knows what the fuck a battle is, votes based off someones flow is border line retarded. your suppose to go by the punchlines, metaphors, similes and the verse as a whole, if kumba looses this its because people dont know what there looking for.

Know what's even funnier? Not everyone here lives and breathes this shit like you do. We're not all 8Mile disciples/Marshall Mathers wannabe's that spend the majority of our free time doing this. We also realize that we are, and always will be.....white. If you were REALLY any good...you wouldn't be concerned with 'owning' people in a rap battle at a roller coaster game fansite. I'm content that I know the difference between "lose" and "loose" and "they're" and "there". I went to real school.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    I thought this was a pretty good matchup. I like Kumba's better, but Mav's was pretty good too. And Kumba, you said that going second doesn't give you an advantage, and using what someone else said earlier is part of a battle.. :-P You said just wait til like an hour before the deadline.
  • rK_%s's Photo
    K0NG your a fucking moron, did i ever say i was a rapper? i make beats, and they happen to be hip hop, "OMG!, hes a another wanna be eminem!", dude, stfu, seriously. keep talking shit since you couldnt do it IN A BATTLE THREAD! your a moron and %99 of the people here think the same. you know proper grammar, welcome to the world of the internet where not everyone has the proper typing vernacular that you so beautifully put on display every time you touch your keyboard.

your the one who started the shit talk an yet couldnt even post in the thread, fucking right im goin to ride your ass for it because you bitched out like you seem to do alot on here. and in my verse i didnt say a damn thing about any of your children so why you would even tell me to focus on mine? your just a dude who can talk alot of shit an when giving a great opportunity to put it down you cant, so lets keep it simple, im white, i make hip hop beats an for some reason its a bad thing that i know about hip hop music, another white boy guilty, and as this being my career, your a joke bro, you got nothing but twisted fiction on me and yet notice how no one has backed you up on your little no post?, its because no one was expecting more from you.

again, you started the shit talk, and yet want to talk like i been talking it since... do us all a favor an quit being such a smartass, you obviously cant take the hit when its coming from someone else.

theres a lot of typos in here, get admin an correct my grammar...

8@
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Christ, are you wolfman's illegitimate, red-headed, buck-toothed stepson? I mean...it's a non-issue that you just can't let go of. I appreciate your dedication, really, and I love how you studied up to post " where not everyone has the proper typing vernacular that you so beautifully put on display every time you touch your keyboard. Almost poetic considering your usual abuse of anything resembling the English language.

I'd care but...I'm more focused right now on making sure I have that 0.0% financing on my new Equinox. Credit is a good thing.....misspelling everyday words on your credit app will get you 17%-23% interest. BTW...what are YOU driving nowadays?
  • rK_%s's Photo
    DELETE*

ill let it rest.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading