Theme Park Discussion / Amusment Park News/Disscussions

• Austin55%s's Photo
    So I figured it would be good/ interesting to get some occasonal theme park disscussions on here so I started a thread were we can have all of the news and stuff consolodated into one place. I'll start of with some things.

Posted Image
    Well first up is SFGADV's decision to remove the Great American Scream Machine and to replace it with, (only a rumor) SFKK"s Chang.
    Im not to happy with the decision, but Ive never been to GADV and the ride wasnt very popular nowadays, but according to disscussion on TPR the biggest cause for its removal was that it was just at the end of its service life and was needing extensive repairs to it's infrastructure. GASM will surely be remembered for helping to change the face of that park though.

Posted Image
    Next up in coaster news is SFMM's closing and supposed renovation of the once record holder Superman: Escape. Nothing confirmed as to what exactly is going on but rumors state things like renovating it to be more efficient and powerfull, and possibly things like racing it again, have one (or both) sides themed to Bizzarro or something, and maybe runnning one of the cars backwards. It has been confirmed that it should be back open in 2011.

Posted Image
    Most importantly though, after going a decade and getting like, 3 thrill rides (THBS, Superman tower and Acme Rocket. yeah so SFOT is a great park and there are worse ones out there, But I have to complain anyway :p ) SFOT is finnally getting a "New" woode, errr, steel, WTF is it, Steel I guess, coaster. Check out this picture of the new first drop, which is the steepest of any wooden coaster. Or is it? ahh, I'll listen to six flags, they seem to know what there doing. BTW, check out titan, its the first roller coaster over 250 to have not one, but two horizontal loops. Awesome stuff right there. But seriously, the Giant is looking awesome. Oh yeah, did I mention the SECOND hill is a freaking double-up?
    Posted Image
    Credit for last image goes to Guide to SFOT

Anyway guys, everyone feel free to bring up whatever you want. Thanks for look'n
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    Wow- That Drop Is SUper Baddass. All I know is that in a year from now, Im going to Texas

But anyways, Its true; SFGAdv is getting rid of great american scream machine and replacing it with chang. I honestly think it will be a wonderful addition to any park, but im just sad that Gasm is gone, its like all of the older rides besides john allens are bieng replaced by newer ones; Like the Big Bad Wolf and Psyclone at SFMM

And I dont really know about the whole superman thing, but That would be Super F-ing amazing ( SFMM is My home Park)

Also. I heard theyre getting rid of or remodeling The Mean Streak At Cedar Point Because of the Extreme of it uncomfortability of the ride.
    But All I really care about is T-giant and Chang.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Oh yeah, this topic...

May aswell keep it updated... With old news anyway, lol.

Cheeteka, already a topic, Texas Giant, same thing. Uhh, hmmm, oh! how about the GCI going to China?
    Posted Image
    This looks sick, Im inspired to do a rct lookalike :D

Also, chang is replacing GASM at SFGADV and will now be Green Lantern, and SFOG is getting a eurofighter.

Thats all.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    ^ya, I was gonna say that Green Lantern was already officially announced. Texas Giant looks sick.... :drool:
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    So Magic Mountain had a little announcment today, involving 2 new coasters and a major rehab. Firstly, Superman will be getting itself a paintjob, and have backwards cars. There will be a new kiddie coaster, and finnally, the surprise, and Intamin Zacspin called Green Lantern. also, construct on X-Raptor is going vertical, but there isa thread for that here.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    ^Yep! They gotta keep up with the champs at CP :p ...there was a 3D video on TPR that I saw, but I believe the Kids Coaster is the same as Mr. Six's Dancecoaster, they just changed it up a bit. For some reason, I get the feel that the Zac-Spin doesnt exactly fit in with MM, but I'm excited for the return of S:Escape, which is a classic coaster.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Texas Giant looks so cool but I wish they would have simply brought in the smoother Intamin prefab wooden track for it so it could maintain being a wooden coaster and bring the steepest wooden title back to the states.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Yea, I dont know why they went with the steel, it does seem an odd choice, maybe the intamin stuff was going to be to expensive?
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Yea, I dont know why they went with the steel, it does seem an odd choice, maybe the intamin stuff was going to be to expensive?
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Yeah, because of the steel track now, it make TG a hybrid, right? That GCI looks really sick. GCI's answer to Balder Dash?!
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    Bringing this back.

Look at what I found.
    My mouth hit the fucking floor when I saw this.

Also A new Intamin Hyper called Skyrush Is under construction at Hersheypark; has an I305 type of layout- meaning one huge drop and a very fast paced layout, and "winged" trains.

Lastly, A third 4d coaster is being built in china Dinosaurs land. It will be 259 feet tall, 10 feet higher than Ejanaika and almost 85 feet higher than X2.

but holy shit... A B&M giga..
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    We have a topic for Leviathan already :p Pretty controversial addition if you ask me, but still will be a solid coaster for sure.

The mystery surrounding SkyRush has been going on forever at TPR. Hershey put together a whole fake website and everything dropping hints on the ride for months. The TPR discussion is literally like 75-100 pages long.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading