(Archive) Advertising District / Projects

• Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    A couple screens of projects Im working on, thoughts and suggestions welcome.
    Posted Image[/img]

An unnamed coaster
    Posted Image[/img]

And something (DNA)Ive been pissing around for a long time figured I should post a screen. Im looking for thoughts on whether I should support the tracks, colors, etc.
    Posted Image[/img]
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    The first two are really nice, you have a charming realistic style and , IMO, pretty unique layouts. Bassiclly just work on finsishing things up some more and youll be set.
    On the first screen the only two things you could fix would be to lower the transfer track supports so they dont glitch and maybe replace those boring and textureless Queue covers with something better.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    The first screen is ok, the second has really good colors, and the third looks like a really good if you can pull it off.
  • Thrill-Factor%s's Photo
    The only thing i can say about the first screen really is the same as Lowenaldo, the queue covers.. The rest is fantastic :)
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    That beemer looks pretty sweet, and I agree with alpengeist on the colours. And yeah the covers in the first screen is way too bland. Other than than, the nicest stuff I've seen from you!
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    I shall fix the covers, this project is on its way to being my first completed, also I would like to have some people look over the finished product (when it reaches that stage) to provide feedback on anything thats missing/should be changed.
    Posted Image[/img]

And here is another layout Ive been toying with.
    Posted Image[/img]
  • J K%s's Photo
    Wow where did you come from?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Both B&M's are a bit too twisty for my liking. Too many turns, not enough elements.

The intamin looks interesting, although it looks like some of the architecture could do with a bit more work.
  • posix%s's Photo

Wow where did you come from?

that
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i'd just like to point out that i called this ages ago. good work.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Man I wish you could have completed your round 1 entry for QFTB, would have been quite a match up!
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    I just want to say this is about 90% done and I would really like to have a couple people look over it and offer some feedback, just PM me if interested.

And Turtle I apologize about not sending anything in, initially I was just going to send in what I had but I forgot about the time differences, plus my layout wasnt even done either, Ill release it in the near future :nod:
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Both of your B&M layouts suffer from the same problem. You have a pretty solid start, but that start is very far from the station, and then it seems you remembered you have to get all the way back to the beginning and build some long drawn-out section to get it back to the brake run.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    ^ Taking what MA said, why not put your brake run parallel to your station, instead of directly behind it?
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    To be honest both coasters were designed that way on purpose, the orange one had a more deliberate pre-layout as I wanted the interlocking corkscrews to be "separated" from the main body of the coaster, the red one was done that way for a faster paced free roaming concept after the MCBR if that makes any sense.
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    This is pretty much done, just need to put in some final touches, should be submitted in the next couple days. Feels good to finally finish something.
    Posted Image[/img]
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    well done! feel free to pm me with anything.
  • nin%s's Photo
    One gripe I have that is the total lack of terrain changes, but it's more of a pet-peeve of mine as I tend to have a mix of several land textures.

This actually reminds me of many of the current "on-the-radar" non-parkmakers/parkmakers that we see today. You could really turn into something.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    I think i love that orange coaster the most. It's just an awesome layout to me
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    Here are two screens of the two projects I am working on.

1. Unnamed coaster (any suggestions would be nice), also colors have not been decided upon.
    Posted Image[/img]

2. Started working on this again :)
    Posted Image[/img]

Note: Both screens are slightly unfinished as having unfinished pathways (for whatever reason I always do the paths last).

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading