Theme Park Discussion / Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom reborn?

• fraroc%s's Photo
    http://www.coaster-n...tem&newsid=1125

Wow, if all goes well, then the park would be open by next year! I would REALLY like the twisted twins to operate again and greezed lighnin too.
  • John%s's Photo
    Six Flags made out like a bandit with this one. All they had to do was fork over some land that is virtually worthless to them in exchange for debt and rent forgiveness, and a payment of over $2 million. All of that in addition to Chang and Road Runner Express. Not a bad deal at all.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Is Ed Hart and company not trying to get Chang back or whats going on there? Was it taken out to early by six flags for "waterpark expansion" or something so that they have full rights to it?

And I gotta wonder who is getting the wild mouse. Probablly Great Escape or something, or thell do something stupid with it and put it in a large park. I wish Elitch could get it.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Great Adventure is getting Chang, and re-painting and re-theming it. It will open as Green Lantern in 2011. Here's the info...Click it!
    And a little more...Here!!!
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    And dont forget the wild mouse at SFNE!
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    I really hope that Cedar buys it. They would steer an ailing park in the right direction
  • inVersed%s's Photo

I really hope that Cedar buys it. They would steer an ailing park in the right direction

Yeah they really did a great job at doing that with Geauga Lake. :|
  • Comet%s's Photo
    If this park can succeed without being picked up by any chain it would make me so happy
    The country needs some more small regional parks with character, not saying this place has any, I really don't know, but I'm sure in a few years it can
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo

Yeah they really did a great job at doing that with Geauga Lake. :|

To be honest, That sale was a total deal for cedar fair. Cedar Fair actually benefited from that because if Six Flags Suceeded, it would have hurt business at cedarpoint. I hate the business tactic behind it all, but with Geauga Lake gone, Cedarpoint would in turn recieve more business.

The purpose of that sale was to scrap out the coasters. period.

End Rant. :rolleyes:
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    cedar fair knew geauga lake was pretty much on life support and the put it out of its misery.

Also, If SFKK does not reopen, I pray to almight god that Cedar Point gets Greezed Lighting.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Yeah, then they would still be competing with SFMM for the most coasters. KK really should be given another chance. In the right hands, it could blossom into something much better.
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    Yeah, and they should do somthing about T2. That ride needs work. BADLY
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    So I wonder if Ed Hart will try and bring back a headliner attraction like he did back with Chang. When exactly did Hart first purchase the park in the 90's? looking at RCDB it was 7 years between the first two rides (Thunder Run and Vampire in 1990) and Chang in 1997.
    I hope something new and great comes out of this. Even if it is nothing but a waterpark, but prefferabbly with coasters.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading