Related Games / Oakride Amusement Park (RCT3) Nighttime Visit!

• TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Well sorry for the lack of the last update last season but it’s been incredibly hectic here at the park lately. Firstly some of you may remember we said it helps to budget things properly when working on improving the park. It would turn out that maybe we should listen more to our own advice in the future. £8,000 saved from last season and were ready to put our plans and ideas into action.

Part way into the closed for refurbishment season 8 and were out of money, one of the mechanic’s quit due to the fund shortage and a cleaner is considering it. With this occurring and with no money we panic and open the park a third of the way through the season to try and get funds back on track. Now considering we’d finished the major upgrades you would be forgiven for thinking that this would only be a minor setback. You’d be wrong. I’ll explain all this however after a few pictures of the opening day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yep you’ve probably seen where things went even more wrong for the season. Admittedly all looks well with the picture of the guests streaming into the park. Then we get to the second picture where you can see that both fireball (our most popular ride since the park opened) and vintage cars broke down soon after opening and remained so for most of that week. Then while they were being fixed Wild Mouse’s restraints got stuck closed and what with two of our mechanics working on the other rides and the third one having quit early in the season it had to wait a while to be repaired.

All this was then topped off by the fact that the newish area is still not as popular as we hoped but we do have some plans to hopefully remedy that in the coming seasons
    (because of course everything goes to plan). On a more positive note however the newly paved park has made guests much happier especially when it rains and makes the park look a lot more permanent. Also ridership of the train has improved dramatically which is a bonus as it helps spread guests out and as a nice finish to this not so positive update I’ve taken this picture with the trains and (a working) Wild Mouse.

Posted ImageReplies:

funkeymon: Thanks and I'm glad it looks cute as its supposed to be a family park rather than the big thrills.

Well sorry for the lack of the last update last season but it’s been incredibly hectic here at the park lately. Firstly some of you may remember we said it helps to budget things properly when working on improving the park. It would turn out that maybe we should listen more to our own advice in the future. £8,000 saved from last season and were ready to put our plans and ideas into action.

Part way into the closed for refurbishment season 8 and were out of money, one of the mechanic’s quit due to the fund shortage and a cleaner is considering it. With this occurring and with no money we panic and open the park a third of the way through the season to try and get funds back on track. Now considering we’d finished the major upgrades you would be forgiven for thinking that this would only be a minor setback. You’d be wrong. I’ll explain all this however after a few pictures of the opening day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yep you’ve probably seen where things went even more wrong for the season. Admittedly all looks well with the picture of the guests streaming into the park. Then we get to the second picture where you can see that both fireball (our most popular ride since the park opened) and vintage cars broke down soon after opening and remained so for most of that week. Then while they were being fixed Wild Mouse’s restraints got stuck closed and what with two of our mechanics working on the other rides and the third one having quit early in the season it had to wait a while to be repaired.

All this was then topped off by the fact that the newish area is still not as popular as we hoped but we do have some plans to hopefully remedy that in the coming seasons
    (because of course everything goes to plan). On a more positive note however the newly paved park has made guests much happier especially when it rains and makes the park look a lot more permanent. Also ridership of the train has improved dramatically which is a bonus as it helps spread guests out and as a nice finish to this not so positive update I’ve taken this picture with the trains and (a working) Wild Mouse.

Posted Image
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Well I’m back to thankfully report that after the abysmal start to the season things have picked up hugely. From the pictures that I’ve got for you can see that we have been making more money this season than we have in the last few. This has allowed us to continue with some of the plans and ideas we had last year but weren’t able to implement due to money issues. I’ll show you the pictures now then give a bit of insight into what we’ve done regarding them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Firstly you can see that we’ve revamped the Twirler ride. Now named Nemesis this ride which has been a guest favourite since its inception and this was shown earlier this year with constant downtime due to its unreliability. Now given both the opinions of our mechanics and the money we were making we choose to replace it whilst it was suffering from long period of SBNO. Giving it a new name, some on ride music and a light re-theme (Atlantis/adventure style) Nemesis has made an even bigger impact on the park than the old Twirler did.

The next big thing is the new Trampoline we introduced to again try and help with the problems of guest’s shortage on the kid’s side of the park. This was picked up cheaply from a nearby closing petting zoo and has helped somewhat together with the enlarged seating area for the eatery and a new souvenir stand to increase guests in the area. The other problem over here was the kiddie coaster which wasn’t very popular at all and the only ride in the park that was losing us money consistently. To try and solve this we went through a range of scenarios from giving it another season or two to removing it entirely. In the end though we opted to increase the speed a little and add a small tunnel and endure the higher running costs. This appeared to be a good move as the ridership picker up immediately and slowly it’s drawing the money back.

This last picture shows us the latest area planned for development. As you’ve probably not noticed new planters are present throughout the park and we have similar ideas as well as several new ones for this half as well but these you’ll have to wait for.

Posted Image

Money wise this year on top of all the upgrades we’ve already installed we’ve also got close to £8,000 saved up and still have under a third of the year left so hopefully we’ll be able to introduce something new next year though this we’ll have to wait to see.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    post more screens like this one

Posted Image
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Replies:

RRP: Oke doke.

Not entirely the same as the above but these screens show more of the park than the peep view ones.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Apologies for the one thats reall frigging dark but you can still make out some shit in it so I posted it anyway. These more to the forums preference?
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Well this a bit of a special update for you all. You see, as I was sorting through all the photos we have stored of the park I came across a few overviews which hadn’t been shown before. Now together with one I’ve had taken this year, hopefully they’ll give you some sort of idea as to how the park you’ve been following has grown.

The first one I believe is from season 4 (I hadn’t annotated the picture so this was going by what we’d added and when) and shows the park with several of its now loved rides but no kid’s area yet. Main square however was present and the park shape was defined further compared to the season before.

Posted Image

The next one shows last season and as you can see the park had grown a little bit by adding the kid’s area but largely, the main bulk has stayed the same.

Posted Image

The last is this season’s most recent one (after Nemesis was re-themed, Trampolines added and the park paved). As you can see it looks a lot cleaner now and the new planters and entrance help give it a more permanent feel.

Posted Image

Lastly this update is a new feature for this season in the form of the park map. We decided that seeing as we were looking towards permanence in the future that a park map and new logo’s would help give us a more professional and corporate look.

Posted Image
  • RRP%s's Photo
    The new overviews are great.Nice to be able to see how things are working together.Looking forward to later progress
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo

I think the isometric view is pretty neat and it makes the whole 3d aspect of this game more tolerable to say the least. For a vanilla rct park, I like it.

I still think this, and I'm loving all of it.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Well here’s the first look at the season 9 additions to the park. Not the most exciting as these pictures show, but they’ll hopefully help improve income so we can plan something big for season 10. Or rather, implement one of many ideas we already have. These I can’t tell you of so here are the pictures of this season’s upgrades.

(Please excuse the first pictures darkness we were having some issues with the lights in the new buildings.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see the view as you walk into the park is a lot different now. In the previous season’s, the entrance led straight into some trees and a path with everything off to the right. This we felt made the park entrance look lacking and as it’s one of the first things in the park you see we decided to spruce it up a little.

As you can see it now opens up into a plaza with shops to both sides and planters breaking up the concrete. A newly added coffee house and guest information building help improve the more permanent and professional look of the park.

Also changed was the position of the Ferris Wheel. As reported in several updates, the ridership of one of our original rides has always been low. Now we’ve moved it to try and make it a focal point of the newly improved main square, which we hope, will increase the ridership.

Well that’s all for now and again, sorry about the first picture. I’ll try and get some better ones of it in daylight for the next update.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    1st accdiental post.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    2nd accdiental post. Can a mod delete these please.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    The map is quite neat actually!
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Replies:

Austin55: Cheers. Took blooday ages to do lol.

Well I’m back from another days work at the park. This update we have some good news, some bad news. Firstly I’ll show you the pictures then talk you through them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So they were the pictures, now for some explanation. Some pretty random stuff has been happening at the park this year. Especially since were trying to save money for next year to have something big, what with it being our 10th season and all. So, with that in mind, we apparently bought a new ride. It was only a giant slide though so didn’t actually cost us that much, and the guests seem to love it so it might not have been that bad an idea. What was a rather weird idea however was the attempt at Mediterranean theming on the ride and the attached toilets but oh well. I’m sure it’ll make more sense if they expand the area.

Now from something new that seems to work to something old that definitely didn’t. After several seasons of low ridership and continued loss, Tiger is extinct. With the ride costing more to run than it was making it was only a matter of time. However, sadly this does reduce the parks coaster count to one so credit hunters may not be happy. Also of note is the fact that it’s the first ride to be completely removed from the park, in it’s 10 season’s of operating.

The next picture shows the new shops in the day and this time, you can actually see them. In the background you can also see the newly name Sun Wheel rising above the main square. Much better placement for the ride than before I must say. Coffee shop is also a really big hit as this area is usually heaving, as you can see.

Finally, a random photo of the Vintage cars taken while onboard Wild Mouse. That’s all for now and I’ll be back at the end of the season to report whether or not we make enough money to celebrate our 10th anniversary in style or not.

(OOC: I'm going away for a week next week so wont be able to update for the next week or so. Fear not though the park isn't dead (again :roll: ) and I still might do the last season 9 update tomorrow before I go.)
  • musicman%s's Photo

were trying to save money for next year to have something big, what with it being our 10th season and all.

Giga Coaster? :p
  • fraroc%s's Photo

So anyway here is the start of Oakridge Amusement Park. A park ran by the Hawthorn family through their newly formed Hawthorn Parks Ltd. Also please note although not a timeline park its supposed to start some time like the sixties.

I doubt it :)
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Lol no, definetly not a Giga coaster. Whats funny though Is I completely forgot about the timeline aspect lol. But yer being a family park I think a Giga might be out of place. Oh yeah that and we don't have room lol.

Cheers

TwistedHelix
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Well I again have bad and good news. Firstly though I have photo’s which I’ll show now and explain after.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see there is something happening around the park for its 10th birthday. As to what this is though it’s not very clear at all. Firstly the main thing is that the train ride is all closed up and boarded off. It has been like this for the last few weeks and though it hasn’t affected income that much it has started some rumours up around the park.

These rumours range from the ride expanding to it being removed and while I can’t say (and don’t actually know) for certain I doubt its removal very much. As for the other photo’s they show the parks Ferris Wheel rising above the main square and the area where Tiger sat earlier this year all boarded off. Not much to show but as nothing has started for next year yet that’s not unexpected.

Money wise however it’s not looking to good. Although we have had a fairly positive season we still only have around £9,000 saved. Now, going by our previous budget and expansion lessons, this isn’t going to be anywhere near enough to make a big impact for year 10. As such we have made numerous contacts with several banks regarding loans. As to what the outcome is I haven’t been informed but lets all hope it’s a positive one.

Finally I’ll leave you with this year’s overview. The park is definitely becoming more defined in its shape.

Posted Image
  • Flap%s's Photo
    Looking nice, Like the old American themeparks...
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    I shall be honest by saying this isn't the most complex theme park design out there,
    Instead of being one big flow of rides, shops scenery and paths, it has this really
    core-game separate layout. A shop here, a ride there, and some scenery in between,
    the aspects that make a theme park are separately represented.

I guess the simple core-game atmosphere is what makes this park so charming.
    It looks like you actually enjoy playing the game as it was intended.
    Sometimes I miss the time when it was oke for a park to look like RCT,
    without all the smooth scenery objects that are now available.

I really like a charming classic look of everything, the sweet little buildings
    and friendly rides. I am not forcing you into custom scenery like most people would do,
    just enjoy playing the game in the way you like to do that.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Replies;

Flap: Thanks, I'm glad it has that feel though it is situated in England.

leonidas: Thanks and I'm glad your enjoying it despite it not being the most advanced or detailed. The whole shopo here, ride here approach was meant to make the park more realistic intermingling everything as you would find at real life parks and I'm glad it's paying off.

Well I’m happy to be bringing you the first update of our 10th season. Costly but hopefully worth it, this large expansion to the park will hopefully make our 10th birthday a hit with the guests. Costing us nearly £21,000 (£12,000 of which was a loan which we hopefully won’t struggle to badly to pay back), this season sees a whole new area introduced to Oakridge. The new are named Furious Frontier, contains several thrilling rides and another train station which completes the track around the park, as well as toilets and a small eatery. Although slightly small at the moment, we hope to expand on this in the coming seasons. Here are some photos from the opening day.

Approaching the entrance you can see a new ride looming above everything else.
    Posted Image

As you can see the path leading to the new area was heaving early in the morning.
    Posted Image

Approaching the new area with several guest’s happy already.
    Posted Image

Tornado, our new rotovator ride is about to get the ‘all good to go’ from our mechanic for its first ride.
    Posted Image

Here’s an attempted overview of the area from Tornado. You can see the small eating area and eatery, which serves Burgers and Root beer and Dynamite, our SS Turbo Drop tower. Easily the most thrilling and tallest ride in the park, this will hopefully help satisfy the more daring of the family members.
    Posted Image

Finally a small glimpse at the path that links the park in a circle, running alongside the train tracks.
    Posted Image

Well, that’s all photo wise that I have for you this update but I have another surprise. Using this code below you can redeem it online for a free family ticket for you, as an incentive to come and join in our 10th anniversary madness. Other than that this is all I have for now.

Oakridge Family Park (year 10 dl)

Hope to see you all in the park and don’t forget to post and trip reports you may have.

(OOC: Well as you’ve guessed I’ve included a dl for this season. It should easily be available to anyone with the core game and SOAKED and WILD as it contains no CS. I encourage any trip reports you wish to post in this thread but please don’t post any images of a park you’ve modified or repost this work as your own.

Hope you enjoy it and would love to see your trip reports.

Cheers

89James89

EDIT: Opps sorry for the UI on one of the pictures. Just imagine its a camera menu or something like that.)
  • Flap%s's Photo
    I think the Freefall is a bit short, may you could use the inmagneers john child Freefalls CFR instead of this.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading