RCT Discussion / Holy fucking shit

• Goliath123%s's Photo
    http://forums.atari....read.php?t=6853

I dont see it going far but you never know...

Discuss
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I already heard the news, but I don't care. It's not going to be like RCTLL/RCT2 anyway.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    does it have to be?

I mean if this game supports a way to build actual realism in a more eye-pleasing way and being able to walk around in as a park why not? See this as what rct2 was for LL, a better version of the same game wich gave you the opportunity to be much more detailed and realistic.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    It had better be about RCT2 or LL, otherwise I won't like it. I prefer isometric games than ones that lag up my computer.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    jaguar: Thank god there are people out there that can play games like Crysis or the likes withough lags. Else, there wouldn't be ANY graphic advancement!
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Yeah, but RCT3 was one of the reasons why the game was dying, you have to face it, although there are some good parks and things, RCT3 sucks overall.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    If it just had a better object choice ingame (you know, with an expandable window), I'd love it.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Casimir, most people people with high-end systems couldn't run Crysis pretty well at decent setting when it came out and he same was true for rct at the time as I my system was highend then. Both games also share the problem they look utterly crap at low settings.
    Graphics advancement is pretty much dying out currently. Main cause of this are the consoles and the decline in pc gaming.

As for a suggestion for Atari concerning RCT4: they need to stick it into their a**** and come back in about 10 years when technology might have caught up to handle large parks with a decent amount of detail that doesn't look like crap. Only problem is that we probably get force fed this streaming gaming BS in he future so we don't have control over creative games like this anymore which would effectively kill them. In other words; it might never happen.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I dont even really see the point of bringing out an RCT4
  • yocoaster%s's Photo
    Well damn! This is one hell of a gap if they are thinking of making an RCT4...though I'm not too confident with the idea, I am curious to how they are gonna pull it off successfully, especially seeing how RCT3 turned out as far as success and popularity goes...
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    I can't believe anyone would think this, Atari forums is so biased, people should know that LL and RCT2 are much better than three. I mean "3 is superior in nearly every way." You have to be kidding, graphics don't make a good game.

^^ Serious, move on. RCT1 may very well be a great game, but it doesn't need more than a glance to tell it is very old and dated now. You can very easily do flying jets through the air and city traffic with RCT3 with invisible track and custom cars. 3 is superior in nearly every way, admittedly is is buggy and laggy but put those aside, the things created with RCT3 are far more dramatic and requite more effort and skill than in the previous ones. You just seem to be sour because it sounds like you could never get the hang of RCT3, and you don't want that to happen again. Well the entire rest of the community did, and are creating lovely things with the 3rd game, without a problem.

• yocoaster%s's Photo

I can't believe anyone would think this, Atari forums is so biased, people should know that LL and RCT2 are much better than three. I mean "3 is superior in nearly every way." You have to be kidding, graphics don't make a good game.

Yea reading that just made me dislike RCT3 even more...I mean shit, like you just said, graphics don't make a good game. And it's funny how the majority of the RCT fanbase would rather pop in an RCT2 CD-ROM while there RCT3 Platinum collects dust..I mean I'm just sayin...
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Ooh i wonder if they're worried that private developers (which incidentally don't seem to be getting anywhere fast i.e TPB3D,NL2) are going to steal their series
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    What people need to understand is that graphics don't make the game, playability and originality do.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I've mentioned my view in the thread. Make it something completely new, and ultimately better. Then add online play to visit other parks. WoRCT :p
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Hmm.. RCT The movie... Atari taking suggestions for RCT4... ChrisSawyer.com changing to ChrisSawyerGames.com a few months ago...

Could be just a coincidence, but I'm hoping Chris is back on for another, yet since this is Atari asking.. I am unsure.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    My post from another site:

"RCT3 sucked because my computer couldn't run it..."

In all seriousness, I would imagine they're at least aware of TPB3D, if not following it closely. They have the ultimate goal of making a game that will have a shallow learning curve with highly detailed and accurate design abilities. If they cannot do either of those things, or only marginally do both, they will end up with a game that lacks key elements to draw more customers. Being a business that wants to profit off this, there has to be a balance that allows beginners to jump right in, and expandability that allows advanced players to create the "ultimate" parks in fantasy-realism. Maybe the "Rollercoaster Designer" from RCT2 could make its way into RCT4 as a much more complex system, similar to NL and SM, leaving the in-game builder as a simpler piece-by-piece system. I also think the track should be open to any design regardless of track or train style. If it is going to be 3D, then the models will need to have the ability to be viewed from any and every angle, thus allowing any train type to traverse any element, curve, transition, or otherwise. The support function could be intuitive depending on the style of track used, or could be customizable prefab style supports. The building and scenery system should be simpler but more detailed than RCT2, though I cannot comment on RCT3, and should allow fairly complex structures without requiring piece-by-piece placement. Theming, I believe, should allow 3ds support as there is no possible way to include every customer scenery idea created for RCT2 and RCT3.

I do agree about the scale represented in RCT. This is something they should look into by having scale adjustable pieces (like NL's "Insert Element") as that allows the simplest things to be re-used without needing more objects/files.

This leads me into my MMO suggestion, which is very far-fetched but a possibility with today's advancing technology. This would allow actual people to watch construction of parks on their own time, visit parks as if they were real, and ride all the rides. If a park is truly good, more actual people will "visit" that park. There will be a full-time database of parks from current users that will require upkeep from the creators to maintain "interest" levels. This isn't to say someone can't build a park on their PC and share it via an exchange site, but having an MMO database would give users the new challenge of making real guests happy, instead of the ones that get lost on 2x2 paths and throw up after riding the new corkscrew rollercoaster.

Posted Image
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    F**k atari. They dumped chris sawyer and then Made the game without him. Even if he did stay he was a consultant.. That's really screwed up. He created the RCT series then Atari came and just ruined it. But still there's no way in hell they're gonna listen to some maybeee 300~500 rct veterans and make the game 2d. Noo.. They wanna appeal to a new group of buyers that are interested in look! Hell rct3 wouldn't be so bad if the coaster transitions didn't suck, in game scenery didn't suck, Peep didn't look like retards, Had better graphics, a better engine, and some quality in their work. Plus that annoying music just tore the game down for me. I predict RCT4 will suck too. And jaguarkid the atari forums aren't biased. If your theory is right we all must be too biased because we all hate RCT3 and love rct2. We all have our reasons for loving to play RCTLL/RCT2 as they have their reasons playing RCT3. Whatever the hell that might be.. Most of the people that buy games look at the graphics first because they can't play the game without buying it.. If the graphics are a turnoff, people won't even buy the game unless they played the previous versions and liked it.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    I'm gonna hate this... Why not just improove LL and 2?
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    Atari NEVER should have fucked over Chris Sawyer, even if I think RCT3 is a great game. But that was just wrong of them to do that. Thrillville and Thrillville-Off The Rails is nothing but a gigantic middle finger to chris sawyer.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading