News / 3000 members

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    :birthday:

I'm actually a little surprised by how low the membercount is, but eh- 3000 is 3000. Go team!
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    :mantis: :bunny: :woot: :D :p :SA: :mad: :elf: :bandit: :idea: :batman: :bunny: :party:
  • J K%s's Photo
    I think it's only going to grown to be honest. The site has never seen so much activity in the past few years. Long live NE4!!!!

Edit- Darren you always pixelate my artwork to fuck lol, just use seperate img tags from the originals and they won't lose quality.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

:mantis: :bunny: :woot: :D :p :SA: :mad: :elf: :bandit: :idea: :batman: :bunny: :party:

Is this in any specific order?
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    So who's our 3000th member?
  • That Guy%s's Photo

djbrsdfkjasglk

Him.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    maybe he's the chosen one
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo
    Lol, I don't know about that. :p

I have been a frequent vistor of this site, but I never bother to join. My skills yet reflect what is made on this site, but in all honesty, I joined to get the masters of the games advice to improve. In a few days I'll start something up in the advertising district. See you all then!
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

Lol, I don't know about that. :p

I have been a frequent vister of this site, but I never bother to join. My skills yet reflect what is made on this site, but in all honesty, I joined to get the masters of the games advice to improve. In a few days I'll start something up in the advertising district. See you all then!

The masters shall begin your training soon, chosen one.
  • posix%s's Photo
    moved this to news as i wanted to make a topic about it myself but was too late.

i'm very happy to see new members registering continuously, however i would be even more happy if a bigger percentage of them would actually start playing an active part in the community. maybe we should disable admin validation of new accounts so people can use them straight away. we do filter out a few spambots occasionally though. there also was a time when millions of accounts where created that were all fake, which is why we turned on admin validation. you see djbrcace1234 is said to be the 3000th member, yet his account id is 47181. a bit scary. but it seems to be a thing of the past now.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    the chosen one lol. whats this the matrix? nah this site is brilliant, the best rct site ever. i was a bit dissapointed when real park recreations closed but then i found this site. thanx to all the hardcore rct fans here i had been inspired to build again.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

moved this to news as i wanted to make a topic about it myself but was too late.

i'm very happy to see new members registering continuously, however i would be even more happy if a bigger percentage of them would actually start playing an active part in the community. maybe we should disable admin validation of new accounts so people can use them straight away. we do filter out a few spambots occasionally though. there also was a time when millions of accounts where created that were all fake, which is why we turned on admin validation. you see djbrcace1234 is said to be the 3000th member, yet his account id is 47181. a bit scary. but it seems to be a thing of the past now.

even then, a lot of members have 0 posts. I wouldn't be surprised if there were less than 200 active members.
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo
    I remember looking at this a few years ago and I am suprised the membership is this low, too. Does it have to do with the turn over of NE4?
  • John%s's Photo
    1316 members out of 3003 have zero posts. Out of the 1687 members that have actually posted, only 164 of them have over 500 posts. NE's membership is certainly a highly concentrated one, but I think it has always been that way to a certain extent. (For example, not all of those 500-plus-post members were active at the same time, and that doesn't include the wealth of activity present from people who do not post as often.)
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Honestly though, A site like NE could run very well with not even 20 members, as long as they are dedicated. (ofcourse more is better, not to much though) The thing that kills websites that are hobby based like this are members who contribute but arent very good at it and through there contrubution only do harm. (im sure we can all think of some...)
    Sometimes I wish Posix or Gee would hand out those 1 month temporary ban's a little more often haha.
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    as a matter of fact, djbrace1234, I Think you're right, Ive been looking at what's happening on NE since 2005, and i've seen that many members just aren't here anymore...

And also (1st post), haha Same here!!! I know i'm not the best at making legit parks, but ill get advice and tips from the pro's and hopefully I'll become one!! :woot:
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    Said members include GigaG?
  • deanosrs%s's Photo

I think part of the issue is that the homepage is designed for existing members of the community rather than those new to it.

For people visiting the first time, for instance, the "Create Account" link is very small and reasonably well hidden, whereas I think there should be an "About NE" page or something explaining terms like "Accolade", "Spotlight" etc.

There's plenty more stuff that could draw new members in, like making the ad district and ask the experts sections more prominent as those are more useful to new members.

Can't you guys turn on (I don't know if you have it right now) the CAPTCHA codes? This would stop spam bots for the most part and save you having to validate so people can have an account right away, which is always useful.

The need to have an admin verify an account is really born out of the petty vendettas that the likes of danimation used to persue probably about a decade ago now haha.
  • posix%s's Photo
    hey deano, i think we do have a captcha actually. restructuring the site to make certain things more prominent isn't easily possible unfortunately.
  • rK_%s's Photo
    where have you been deano?, been over a year since you been posting unless i am mistaken?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading