Music Forum / Blind Liars

• Ride6%s's Photo
    Hello all.

As many of you know I'm a guitarist of sorts, and while my previous band (Jealous Radio) shredded itself on the personal, musical, and ethical differences between myself and one of my best friends and founding members I've since pushed on with another group.

We're an Indie/Alt-rock band (for lack of better terms), with pop and punk (no pop-punk) leanings. I'd appreciate feedback of the verbal variety and it'd be terribly kind of you who still have a myspace pages to add us (please *puppy dog eyes*).

http://www.myspace.com/blindliars

Ride6
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    listened and added:]
    sounds great dude!

hit me up if you need any graphic work/site layout design.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Guitar reminds me of Doug Martsch, especially the solo in The Immortal Punk. Good stuff!

-ACE
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I love everything about the two songs you have posted there right now. The Immortal Punk reminds me a bit of early Flaming Lips -- mostly in the lyrics and some of the vocal inflections. And I love early Flaming Lips. :) Catchy chorus, nice guitar solo too. Sounds like a single.

Wash has a great intro part. Is that phased guitar? The bass part is really good on this song and the vocals are really well done too especially in that first verse. If anything I'd say that I wanted that song to go on a little longer. It's got a nice groove, especially when the slide guitar sounding part comes in near the end -- if I heard that song live I'd want you to draw that out some more. Maybe have a quiet bridge section and then build up again to another climax -- but that could just be my prog-rock tendencies speaking. Not everyone likes that kind of thing.

This sounds really great Jon. Seriously. I'm impressed. I'd go see you play if I lived anywhere close. This is music I could really get into. Can't wait to hear more.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Immortal Punk is the "single" more or less. Scott wrote and sings that one (we trade off on vocal and songwriting 'duties'). It's pretty much live in studio, including the solo (sans vocals and a couple guitar overdubs).

Wash is basically the "B-side". I wrote it and sang lead (the verse), and a couple of the parts in the chorus (wordless). It could be longer, but I didn't have any more grand ideas for it. It was written rather quickly and recorded as it developed so there wasn't a lot of jamming around with it in rehearsals or anything to really develop it. If we ever get a good crowd sing-along with it you can bet it'll go on for longer... I can't see soloing over it or anything of that sort... I think it's a better preview of things to come, if a bit underdeveloped.

Thanks for the comments! :)

Ride6

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading