General Chat / MINECRAFT!

• SSSammy%s's Photo
    best £8.49 i've spent in a VERY long time. this game is so unimaginably addictive. if you have not played this game i seriously suggest it.
    http://www.minecraft.net/

i'm positive a few of you will already have experienced the glory of minecraft. tel us some news.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    so you finally got it

slowpoke

my skin is better than your skin.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    how do install my perry the platypus skin?
    also, i got it about 10 days ago.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I love this game! I've only played the free one, though. Is it really worth the ten bucks for it? I love building, and I'm sure the rest is fun, too. I'm just not sure about it.

EDIT: I'm gonna get this game from my friend via flash/SD card. I'm gonna have to play with you guys. :mantis:
  • Imi%s's Photo
    it is soooooooooooooooooo worth the money
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Had a bit of a play on the free version sammy,seemed a bit crap to be honest. There seemed to be no goal behind it other than make things out of pixel like blocks. In the end i decided it would be quicker, and more enjoyable for me to do a pixel based illustration (since each brick could be placed in much less time than in minecraft,and i could save) in a program like photoshop rather than stacking bricks and taking screen grabs. I then decided i didn't want to do a pixel based illustration at all and forgot all about minecrap.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i agree, the free version is shit. it's the alpha version which is the good version. it's cool if you don't like it, it's just really relaxing.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Had a bit of a play on the free version sammy,seemed a bit crap to be honest. There seemed to be no goal behind it other than make things out of pixel like blocks. In the end i decided it would be quicker, and more enjoyable for me to do a pixel based illustration (since each brick could be placed in much less time than in minecraft,and i could save) in a program like photoshop rather than stacking bricks and taking screen grabs. I then decided i didn't want to do a pixel based illustration at all and forgot all about minecrap.

Hey so I had a bit of a play of RCT the other day RRP and it seemed a bit crap to be honest. There seemed to be no goal behind it other than making things out of pixel like blocks. In the end i decided it would be quicker, and more enjoyable for me to do a pixel based illustration (since each brick could be placed in much less time than in minecraft,and i could save) in a program like photoshop rather than stacking bricks and taking screen grabs. I then decided i didn't want to do a pixel based illustration at all and forgot all about RCT.

What I'm saying is, you've missed the point.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2mceya1.jpg

I made that. It is the flying city of Columbia from Bioshock Infinite. I am standing on a life-size recreation of the US Capitol building I built over a week.

But more importantly, I made it with help from a dozen other people. Minecraft has the creative possibility that makes RCT such a draw and adds in online multiplayer and survival elements.
  • RRP%s's Photo

Hey so I had a bit of a play of RCT the other day RRP and it seemed a bit crap to be honest. There seemed to be no goal behind it other than making things out of pixel like blocks. In the end i decided it would be quicker, and more enjoyable for me to do a pixel based illustration (since each brick could be placed in much less time than in minecraft,and i could save) in a program like photoshop rather than stacking bricks and taking screen grabs. I then decided i didn't want to do a pixel based illustration at all and forgot all about RCT.

What I'm saying is, you've missed the point.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2mceya1.jpg

I made that. It is the flying city of Columbia from Bioshock Infinite. I am standing on a life-size recreation of the US Capitol building I built over a week.

But more importantly, I made it with help from a dozen other people. Minecraft has the creative possibility that makes RCT such a draw and adds in online multiplayer and survival elements.

Maybe im missing the point of it then although i do admit the multiplayer aspect is good. But I dont see how it compares to vanilla rct as that has goals
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    You must hate NoLimits... And photoshop even... No objectives there!
  • RRP%s's Photo

You must hate NoLimits... And photoshop even... No objectives there!

Again both those programs serve a purpose. NL being able to accurately replicate roller coaster physics. Photoshop isn't a game
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I picked up Alpha from my friend, as promised, and I admit it's waaaaay better than the free version. ][22, how long did that take you???

A little story for you guys. I was mining, and found some gold, which I mined out with an Iron Pick axe. My pick axe died, and I was left with only a stone one. Soon after, I found some diamonds. My stone pick wouldn't get them out successfully, so I continued to go make a Gold one. That didn't work. So I made another Iron pick axe, which worked beautifully. Now I only have 2 gold bricks, and a golden pick. FML :mad:
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    well aren't you a clownboat. you got to learn somehow.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo

i agree, the free version is shit. it's the alpha version which is the good version. it's cool if you don't like it, it's just really relaxing.

Yes, there's nothing as relaxing as hiding in cave and beating back hordes of zombies. Relaxing music such as Slipknot, Killswitch, or 5FDP really helps set the mood, too. Soooo relaxing.

It really is a good game, though. It's the second best purchase I've made all year. The fact that the entire game is first person really adds a unique strategic element that makes the game a lot of fun. You can't just build stuff. You have to think while you build. And the computer generated terrain is gorgeous, especially considering that it's just a bunch of square blocks. I prefer Alpha over Creative, though. There's just something really fun about going out during the day, mining, crafting, building, and then taking shelter before the sun goes down and the zombies come out. :)
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I'll stick with garry's mod.. looks interesting though
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    exciting stuff to people like me.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Not just you! Sounds pretty sweet, though.
  • MadraDot%s's Photo
    unfinished stuff.

Posted Image
    a roller coaster i'm building.
    Posted Image
    a bridge and a little building thing.

also, i bought this game just a few hours before this topic was started. :evil:
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I made a petting zoo a little while ago. Does anyone know why the animals disappear after a little while?
  • Imi%s's Photo
    it looks like a giant jackass style ramp!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading