Theme Park Discussion / New Intamin for BGTB

• Maverick%s's Photo
    Didn't Busch "sell" all their properties to "SeaWorld Adventure Parks"?
  • Wolfman%s's Photo

Click \/ Links
    Anheuser-Busch InBev reaches a deal
    with Blackstone on Busch Entertainment,
    which operates 10 theme parks across the nation.

Also, try the search results I've linked here.

• Austin55%s's Photo
    I'm like 90% sure rhino rally was closing.
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    Wow! For a complex and expensive attraction, it sure was short lived. But I guess I should of seen the writting on the wall when they stopped the torrential rain simulaton, before the ATVs rolled onto the bridge. They also killed the flash flood effects when the vehicle is on the bridge. Now the bridge just breaks apart without rhyme or reason. It was pretty cool when it ran like it was intended.

Sortta like how Gwazi doesn't syncronize the trains for those close encounter fly-bys anymore. Sort of taps the excitement when they modify the attractions to NOT perform as they were intended. You wouldn't see Universal studios do that with the Dragon Challenge AKA Fire & Ice Dragon Coasters.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Saw some new stuff on RCPro this morning. Check this out: Clicky!

Construction has officially began. One of the trenches has started to be dug out and more track has arrived. Plus, the walls that usually accompany coaster construction (the ones that block the view of guests)have arrived.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Alright guys, video 3 is up at buschgardens2011.com, the password is GRACE.

This video shows a serious flaw in the layout for me, I have no idea what the hell the 100ft high figure 8 is, or why its supposed to be there. The rest looks sick though. Check it out :nod:

-Taylor
  • Bolliger & Mabillard%s's Photo
    Uhh, I agree about the 100 foot figure 8. Seems weird.
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    I thought it was said that the layout that was presented might not be the real McCoy.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Wtf!!?!?

The whole layout looks really sweet, except for that strange figure8. The ride sounds pretty sick, too.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    CHASE / RUSH / GRACE / ____ / ____

Are we getting a pattern here? This layout looks similar (not quite exact?) to the one posted at Screamscape.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Number 3 is the section before number 1 so you can play number 1 after 3 and get half the layout :D
  • Bolliger & Mabillard%s's Photo
    Supports have arrived! If you want to see, go over to RCPro.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    ^Yep, as B&M stated, supports have been deilivered: Clicky!
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Alright guys, video 4 is up at buschgardens2011.com, the password is POWER.

This is the longest of the videos so far, and shows the first inversion of the ride. This section of the layout looks really fun, albeit a bit unorthodox. The entire thing looks a bit unorthodox at the moment, but you know BG will pull it off.

Enjoy!
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I hope the this layout isn't actually the real one. I hope they took segments from the real ride and filled it in with a whole bunch of fake parts. It does look fun, just not what I would expect or want from a coaster. Definitely unorthodox.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    The unorthodox nature makes it for me. So, so unique.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    To get much of the layout, do these vids in order-

3-1-4-2
  • Comet%s's Photo
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zjE1EBGNxFg

I love the layout so far, especially the figure eight up over the savanna, good stuff
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    buschgardens2011.com--password for the final video is SPEED.

If that doesnt work, bugs have been reported, heres a link to the CF thread where A-Kid made a vid of all of them combined: CF Thread

Also, the major announcement comes Wednesday!
  • todayis%s's Photo
    Can't wait for the announcement! :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading