Theme Park Discussion / TEXAS GIANT!?!?!?

• Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Damn I visited this topic. But it's not my fault. I was there yesterday and i was maybe 2 trains away from riding?

AND THEN THEY CLOSED DOWN THE FUCKING RIDE AFTER 2 HOURS OF WAITING BECAUSE OF LIGHTNING. GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    They totally upgraded the giant and now it comes with a record breaking 95 degrees banking for a woodie
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Except its clearly not wooden...
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Except its clearly not wooden...

QFT!

That's steel box-track, so they "Geminied" it. Texas Giant is now a steel coaster with a wooden structure. It's quite unconventional, but appears to be a fantastic ride. I hope Cedar Point considers similar action (or some kind of reprofiling/retracking + Millennium Fliers) for Mean Streak, not because it's unrideable but because it's BORING and they need to dial back the brakes to solve that without being the greatest boost to chiropractors in the state of Ohio.

Ride6
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    ^Couldn't agree more. It's dull and painful anywhere but the front. I would rather have a new Mean Streak than a new coaster in 2012 to be honest. Though both would be nice ^^
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    Can someone upload a pic or two of the finished product altogether? Rcdb hasn't updated Texas Giant's page.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    POV on page 266, pics all through the thread
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    If Mean Streak were to receive this treatment, Cedar Point would be even more of an airtime capital of the world.
    Tbh I kinda hope no other coasters get this cause it makes me feel special its in our backyard :p
  • JDP%s's Photo
    damn hercules, if only you didnt suck so bad...
    -JDP
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Going today in a few hours. I hope the crowds are low.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Yeah crowds weren't low.

It just so happens that Crowely school district brought all their band and choir kids to six flags. And TPR also had their texas bash today at six flags over texas.

But it's all right. I got to ride Texas Giant.

SO SMOOTH. SO SO SMOOTH. First drop is crazy and there's great pops of airtime.
    But yeah and I also rode Titan which i hadn't since last year. twice. made me sick to my fucking stomach with all the rides i've ridden. I hit up all of the coasters except flashback and judge roy scream. didn't seem worth it with the 8 hours i had at the park.

Anyway i'm so tired and my stomach feels like a chemistry experiment so off to bed.
  • mardy%s's Photo
    Damn, why do i live in the netherlands?
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Trying to get the wife to be a pushover and go there on Saturday instead of the Ft Worth Zoo... we've been staying at the Great Wolf Lodge the past couple days and leave tomorrow (woohoo free Army family retreats) and then stay tomorrow night at the Westin a couple miles away... and yeah, really want to ride that thing before we leave in this area in a couple months.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Fort worth zoo sucks :). It's okay but the aquarium at dallas is better.

TEXAS GIANT>Animals

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading