RCT Discussion / For everyone who submits parks occasionally

• Liampie%s's Photo
    If you include a readme with the park, don't use a .docx extension please. I've had this several times now and it's really annoying...

Thanks. :)
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Hahaha Behind the times? :p

There is a plugin for 2003 that allows 2007 to be opened here
    http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    the newest openoffice also opens them now...finally...without a problem
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Liam, I think you should upgrade your Office suite then. Almost everyone has switched to 2007 or 2010 already ... You can't ask people to use the old file format because you can't open it. It's the other way around ...
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I know I'm not the only one (at least a few months ago there were many others), so in this case I don't think you're right, Cena. In most other situations I'd agree.

I often can't upgrade my microsoft software because my windows is illegal. It gives me a lot of trouble the upgrade detects it... I'm not taking the risk. Suggestions to avoid this are welcome.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Buy a legal copy.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I will, sometime. 'Fuck you' for now!

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)
  • wildroller%s's Photo
    Use OpenOffice, it's free and does pretty much everything Microsoft office does (including opening doc files).
  • Maverick%s's Photo

Liam, I think you should upgrade your Office suite then. Almost everyone has switched to 2007 or 2010 already ... You can't ask people to use the old file format because you can't open it. It's the other way around ...

Is it free?
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

If I wanted to drop the money to upgrade it, I would have. Though, as it stands, both the university that I graduated from in 2009 and the job I currently have in 2010 both use Office 2003. I guess we're not everybody then? (Subtext: Your assumption that everyone is like you is bullshit.)
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    It's like the huge-ass pickup/Corvette thing. People with small penises tend to crave all the latest gadgets and need to constantly update/upgrade everything as compensation.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    What's your latest gadget, KONG?
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    Roomie has already posted Liam's solution. Now why are you talking about this. Just to set straight that some people use older Office editions, aome of the Macs at my school use Office 04.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I'm in the group that also uses 2003 (xp) at work. I see no reason to get the new one unless it bundled with the OS (vista/7/etc)
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i think it's pretty weird to tell people to change for you when a free update will solve everything?
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Couldn't we just all stfu and use OpenOffice?
  • K0NG%s's Photo

What's your latest gadget, KONG?

Other than power tools, (which I simply replace when they're worn out..not because I feel the need to have laser guides or whatever the latest battery technology is) I'd have to say it's my XBox (not 360, just XBox) which I only have because it was partial payment for a pair of extra GreenDay tickets that I had last year. Prior to that, I played on my Sega Genesis. I already posted my phone in another topic, so.....do the math.
  • wildroller%s's Photo

It's like the huge-ass pickup/Corvette thing. People with small penises tend to crave all the latest gadgets and need to constantly update/upgrade everything as compensation.

It's just the American way, gotta have better stuff than your neighbor!
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    props for the origional xbox, k0ng. those things were amazing when i was a lad.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading