Ask the Experts / Peeps won't leave the map edge

• K0NG%s's Photo
    I've seen similar topics here but couldn't find anything exactly the same.

I have peeps that can't/won't leave the edge of the map. They enter the park just fine and exit the park as well, so the paths are obviously connected. But just past the gate, they just jam up and it causes some lag after a while. All the peeps pictured have left the park...there's no jam when they're entering.

Posted Image

Any suggestions that don't involve going back into the scenario editor? This is BelgianGuy and my October micro so, there's definitely not enough time to rebuild all the rides involved. I have done own all land and de own border land a couple of times to try to fix it to no avail.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    It's probably the fack you used the invisible footpath, and you couldn't tell wether or not it connected to the edge of the map because it is invisible.
  • wildroller%s's Photo
    I had this happen when I used the invert land ownership in 8cars a couple of times but I have been unable to find a way to fix the issue :(
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^^ Well, it obviously connects to the edge since peeps have no problem entering...
  • wildroller%s's Photo

^^ Well, it obviously connects to the edge since peeps have no problem entering...

I know it connects to the edge but when I have used the invert land ownership tool that is exactly what happens. Peeps enter the park but can't figure out how to leave.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^ I was replying to Zia, bro. See the TWO arrows pointing upwards? That means the reply is to the post two posts ago. And, I haven't inverted any land ownership, just own all land/de own border land.
  • Havingfun%s's Photo

Sorry to say its not connected. I had this before with paths I could see, It was because the path was not connected they didnt leave.

With 8cars trainer,
    Try to Invert Land Ownership > All Types Inverted & place a gray path there & Invert it back again. You`ll see its not connected when you place the path. Watch them enter but not leave still.... You don`t have to save the game after....

I never found a fix for it with out going back into the Scenario Editor.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    KONG, the last path isn't connected to the edge.

peeps go in the park without a path, but they don't go out.
  • dmaxsba%s's Photo
    I had this problem when I made the expansion pack free version of Pirate Bay. The path I had connecting to the maps edge was an WW path so when I replaced the path with a non expansion pack path it lost contact with the edge. Guests could get in but could not get out so I made a tunnel at the parks edge to funnel them out of site into a holding area. I tried everything, inverting land ownership, de-owing border land and so on and nothing worked. It was driving me crazy.

I have fixed the issue in many parks I have downloaded when I wanted to open up the park(s)to guests but for some reason sometimes I just can't get it to work. Pirate Bay was one of those occasions where that was the case. I wish there was a fail proof set of steps you could take to fix the issue but unfortunately there just isn't.

Sorry I could be more helpful. If you would like PM me the park and I will try my hand at it but I can't really make any promises about getting it fixed.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

Sorry to say its not connected. I had this before with paths I could see, It was because the path was not connected they didnt leave.

With 8cars trainer,
    Try to Invert Land Ownership > All Types Inverted & place a gray path there & Invert it back again. You`ll see its not connected when you place the path. Watch them enter but not leave still.... You don`t have to save the game after....

I never found a fix for it with out going back into the Scenario Editor.

KONG, the last path isn't connected to the edge.

peeps go in the park without a path, but they don't go out.

I stand corrected then. I just assumed (yeah, I know) that it was connected since I've used this bench numerous times previously without a problem. I must have fucked something up inadvertently to disconnect the path from the edge. Thanks for the advice/replies. If anyone has a sure-fire method to alleviate this issue that doesn't involve the SE and wouldn't mind me sending it to them, BG and I would be very grateful. It would have to be a quick 'send it/fix it/send it right back' kind of thing though because we're running out of time for the MM deadline and are working on this continuously for the next few days. Plus, you'd get to see our entry before everyone else. lol, yeah....lucky you.
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    Please tell me there's a way to fix this. Otherwise I'll have to choose between losing 10-15 percent on my current project or just ignore the ever-increasing peep jam at the supposed-to-be entrance/exit. Neither is very inviting. There has to be a solution to this problem.

EDIT: The funniest thing. I was going to write "I'm sure I solved this problem when working with Lotusflower" but then I thought that nah, I probably just loaded the last savegame in which the path was connected. Opening up the final version of Lotusflower again, I notice that the path in fact is unconnected to the edge, but apparently peeps can exit and enter just fine. I try removing and rebuilding the path on the edge tile, which remains unconnected. I also removed the path that appears to be connected, next to the unconnected one, then placed path there again so that there were no path connected whatsoever. Still the peeps could leave. Ok, I thought, so what's the difference between the exit/entrance in this and my current project? That there's path next to the unconnected exit tile, like this:

Posted Image

Tried the same technique in the current project, and to my surprise it worked! So, just build invisible path on the tiles next to the tile directly after the park entrance, and you should be home. Though, since you had this problem for the October MM I guess I'm too late. Still, if anyone encounters this problem in the future, here's the solution.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Hex editing?
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    UPDATE: I was wrong. But, after much experimenting, I think I've found a failsafe way to fix it. This guide is for entrances located just by the map edge (one tile away). Step by step:

1. Make sure you own ALL land, except for a strip of land (1 tile x arbitrary number of tiles, NOT less than 2 though!) running along the map edge where the entrance is. That includes all the tiles lying under the park entrance. This might be tricky depending on how your pathing and initial land owning situation look, but some inverting and owning all land should do the trick. Place path on the middle of the park entrance and directly after it (on the tile next to the middle of the park entrance leading off the map.)

2. Build path (If you haven't already in order to fulfill step 1) on the to-be-unowned strip, again not less than 2 squares long. Now, some peeps will leave the map directly, but most will get stuck. For this lot we'll do the following:

3. Place "no-entry" signs so that the peeps get trapped in each end of the strip. This will force them to leave the map, even though they sometimes walk around for a while, trapped, before finally leaving. Usually they leave at once though.

4. Conceal this in anyway you feel fit. In my current project, I have a road running along the edge of the map, so I'll just build a pavement along it and have them walk into a discrete building containing the "no-entry" signs where they'll leave. I realize it won't always be possible to make it look good, but it does work and ensures your peeps can leave the map.

This method seems to be able to handle many peeps leaving at once. I loaded a huge tram into the park and almost everyone wanted to leave immediately. There were no jams. I don't know how it'll work for even more peeps. like 500, leaving simultaneously, but just lets hope that never happens. If you build path both to the left and right of the one leading from the entrance, and place signs in both ends, the system will be more efficcient. You might want to place more stop signs in succesion/facing each other if you have room for it, since peeps sometimes seem to ignore them from time to time. Also I'm not sure if they can leave if you put path on your owned land directly in connection to the strip, but I may be wrong.

Liam - Did you mean if I used hex editing, or suggested it as a solution to the problem? If the former, I don't know anything about hex editing. This method just requires some basic knowledge in 8cars, aswell as some thinking in regards to getting the owned/unowned land right. This is the good part, the bad is that it needs disguising or otherwise it might look wierd.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    Don't mean to be a pussy k0ng but I told you so--I told you so! :p
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo
    Have had this a couple of times before.
    Easiest way to fix this is:
    - Load up an empty map with a properly working exit path
    - check for the code of the path in a HexEditor
    - remember the exact code
    - open up your map with the fucked up exit path
    - replace the path's code in a HexEditor with the previously remembered code
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    I've nearly the same problem, but my peeps won't leave the park.
    Any help on this?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Drown them!
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    Spam or not intended liam, that's actually a good idea, just do it right before your park is released and no one will tell a difference with cleared messages.
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Anyone another idea maybe?
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo
    Pretty much the same solution I posted before.
    It's about the wrong ownership of land or about the path not being connected right.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading