General Chat / Most Expensive Item Of Clothing?

• cg?%s's Photo
    Yes, okay then. And I agree that there is a difference between Kid A and OK Computer too, with the guitars becoming less rock-oriented, and more into Brian Eno treated-instrument land (check out his first three albums, his work with Roxy Music and especially his collaborations with Robert Fripp of King Crimson, to hear what I'm talking about if you don't already know).

But, I still don't think it's a genuine progression. Its still the same essential sound. Wheras...

Ray Of Light took rave music, and ambient techno, harnessed it into mainstream pop circa-1998, and added a brilliantly mature, as well as spacey, yoga-esque vibe to the procedings.

Music married Ray Of Light to the Electroclash, just then becomming hip, and French disco (Air, Daft Punk, Cornelius, and her producer), which also brought her home in many ways, to the House and Hi-NRG she was exploring in the early days of her career.

And with American Life she goes full on out with the Electro-clash and Disco hybrid (completely dumping William Orbit) and then adds in a nice dash of Singer/Songwriter, and the soft pop-rock of bands like Avril Lavigne, Lillix, Justincase, etc, but improving upon it as well (thankfully).

To me that's more variation then treating the guitars with more production, and releasing a B-Sides collection. So, at the very least, Radiohead's last three albums weren't as wide-ranging as Madonna's last three.

And I shall wait to pass full and complete judgement on Hail To The Theif until we get more than one single, and unmixed, unmastered, MP3s.

Yuppy, yup.
  • Vert45%s's Photo
    what in the hell r u 2 fighting about?
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

what in the hell r u 2 fighting about?

Music far too intelligent for your small bowl of neurons to comprehend, you hick-ass retard.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading