(Archive) Advertising District / Venlo Development Project

• Dyll%s's Photo
    It's the year 2008. The financial crisis has struck hard in the United States and Europe. Even in the quiet sleepy city of Venlo the crisis is making people losing their jobs.

In order to prevent the city's inhabitants become homeless, the city is making plans to build a small airport to create jobs and attract big companies to establish an office in Venlo.

In March 2009 this sign was placed along one of the busiest highways of the region:

Posted Image

Two years later, on 21 december 2010, the airport was open for bussines. Here you see the grand terminal, I openend the roof on purpose so you can see what's inside:

Posted Image

In the right corner you see the place where can check in when you plane is about to take-off.
    In the middle you see the benches where you can wait to check in. In front of the benches are the info boards, there you can see at what time your plane is taking off:
    Posted Image

In the right corner you see the tax free shops where you can buy stuff:

Posted Image

The control tower:

Posted Image

The hangar. In the right lower corner you see the luggage carrier. (at least that's what is is meant to be.):

Posted Image

The parking.

Posted Image

And a final shot of the airport:

Posted Image

Please don't mind my English, i'm from The Netherlands and still learning, if you have some constructive criticism or comment or whatsoever you are free to post. Thanks for reading and till the next update!
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    Nice. People can do so much with rollercoaster tycoon, even when it is not related to coasters :nod: .
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    i love rct2 its very constructive. i used to have xbox with cod but it doesnt compare to tycoon. i could play cod for hours and have nothing to show for it. rct2 on the other hand gives you pride and satisfaction when building and constructing things. anyway about the screens i think theire good. they have a nice feel to them. i think you should build a theme park next to the airport. i really like the bus stop.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I remember you building an airport before; was it you?

Shame about the glitches.
  • Dyll%s's Photo

I remember you building an airport before; was it you?

Shame about the glitches.

Yeah, that was my airport. But about the glitches, I don't really know how to fix them. Help?
  • Dyll%s's Photo
    -
  • Dyll%s's Photo
    Despite the construction of the airport in effort to give a boost to the commercial sector of Venlo, the empty space is still... empty!

A plan B of the city council was to invest money to build a new stadium for the local football club: VVV-Venlo. The council hopes that big sponsors are going to invest in the club and eventually in the city.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for reading and watching! Feel free to post a comment and some constructive criticism is always welcome!
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Dude,... that's quite a kick! Your style has definitely improved in the meantime, and even though VVV would néver get big sponsors, the idea is fun. Maybe redo/adjust the airport since it's quite outdated atm?

Hope you thought of the extra's that come with a stadium? It's not just a field and seating. It's the little things like vending kiosks, club houses, skyboxes etc. that would really make this work. :)
  • MikaRCT2%s's Photo

Dude,... that's quite a kick! Your style has definitely improved in the meantime, and even though VVV would néver get big sponsors, the idea is fun. Maybe redo/adjust the airport since it's quite outdated atm?

Hope you thought of the extra's that come with a stadium? It's not just a field and seating. It's the little things like vending kiosks, club houses, skyboxes etc. that would really make this work. :)

Yeah I think so too!
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    This looks really good, I'm loving the creativity.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading