(Archive) Advertising District / PineHills AmusementPark Orlando

• K0NG%s's Photo

That´s my point, there should be no official criteria.

And, there is none. So why the fuck do you keep bitching about something that's non-existant? Every argument/opinion posted so far has been just that....someone's opinion.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

That´s my point, there should be no official criteria. A park can speak for itself, regardless of size, content effort etc. These things are completely subjective, you can´t determine quality without spoiling the full meaning of it.

As K0NG said, there are no 'official' rules, but then again there are some unwritten ones that are formed by the community. That said, I have to completely disagree with your statement above. You can judge atleast a big part of the park objectively mainly by judging the fundementals you also have with architecture like composition, spaces, flow, etc. For instance I as I'm studying architecture I come across a lot of buildings that I find 'ugly' (pretty much a curse word to use in that field, which is the same for 'beautiful'). However I can still value/appreciate them for what they are on basis of the more objective criteria. First of all I want to know if people know wtf they're doing.
    This method is something which I also apply when judging an rct park: as objectively as possible. That's the base-line I'm setting. Why would I hold back a park that isn't my style, but still is 'good'? Ofcourse my personal opinion goes over it, but not before I establish what I am dealing with before I judge.
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo
    It still need a bit of little details but the finish line is comming !!!
    Here some surounding stuff, The buildigns are inspired by real hotels,motels,fastfood shops etc. in Orlando.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Absolutely fantastic. I don't think anyone has ever managed to get scale right in RCT before. You have done this. It's perfect.

It's overwhelming.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i love you so much, gijssie1234. i might get your name tattooed over my heart.
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo

Whoa Whoa !! it´s a game , and you don´t now me !! xD hahaha Thanks sort of... ghehe
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    too late, i've booked the appointment.
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo
    hey There's one little problem i can't fix, people can come in to the park but can't go out they stop in front of the main entrance, what to do, or can't i fix it ? it's not a big problem but the people get angry gheheh
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    is it connected to the path? Sometimes over detailing disconnects the paths for the peeps, just a quick tip idk if itll work but

Fantastic screens as always!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

too late, i've booked the appointment.

Pics or it didn't happen !

Gijssie, great screens I really like the scale you're working on because, like Louis! said, it's so realistic !
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Yay I wanna get a Gijssie tattoo too! :D
    Nice work, Love the screens the scale is perfect for RCT!

"MFG"
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    the scale is indeed good but I still think it is void of any atmosphere
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    It's very good, technically, but is Orlando really this ugly? I agree with BelgianGuy. It's all grass with boxes.
  • CCI%s's Photo
    ^Uglier, It's all swamp land that's been developed upon.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I'm with Liampie on this one. While it's all technically good, this isn't a place where I'd plan on visiting.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Most of the Orlando area I have found to be fairly ugly. If you go to a nice resort/hotel, they spruce up the joint with palm trees and nice landscaping but otherwise, I find that he's nailed it on the head. It could do with more foliage maybe, but what he's built is technically a pretty good adaptation, I think.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    it only looks bland because the grass texture in rct is shit. what else is there to do to it? its grass.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    It's not just technically, it's that sense of reality, that I have never
    seen this intense in RCT2 before, only in Liam's city project.
    It might not be the happiest place you've ever seen, but many parks in real life
    have ugly parking-lot environments like this. Imperfection and soberness is
    what makes this so damn real.
  • posix%s's Photo
    He's showing the surrounding areas of the park. I don't think they need to be superduper pretty like the heart of your tropical area from a theme park with endless amounts of money.

It's crazy difficult to give storage warehouses, otherwise facilities or roads a lot of charme. The only player who I find did it really well was Paul999. Let gijssie do another project and I'm sure we'll see a different picture. For now, I'm just really really glad and excited that this park looks like it's actually going to be sent in.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo

It's not just technically, it's that sense of reality, that I have never
    seen this intense in RCT2 before, only in Liam's city project.
    It might not be the happiest place you've ever seen, but many parks in real life
    have ugly parking-lot environments like this. Imperfection and soberness is
    what makes this so damn real.

and this is what kills this game for me, it's all about being realistic, heck it's ugly as shit but it's good because it's realistic, if I want to see an ugly park I'll visit one where I can at least get the kicks out of the rides I simply want to see beautiful things from this game... in my book aesthetics still overrule realism and that will always be my point of view, I create purely for the baeuty of what I intend to create if it ain't realistic, screw it, I think it looks beautiful but I think NE has made the realistic tendency so primary over everything that we're rating things that are deemed ugly as a good thing as long as it's realistic, this is wrong to me, i hope others feel the same, the art and aesthetics are getting lost in this game and this site and parks like these prove that...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading