(Archive) Advertising District / Concept

• Tycoonman%s's Photo
    I actually haven't played this game in several years, and decided to take a swing at it again on my Mac. Became a near top player at an RTS game recently, and just got very very bored and disillusioned with the game, so basically here I am. Game is a bit buggy on the Mac, and the trainer is virtually unusable aside from the hotkey functions, but I think I might be able to do ok at some basic designs and architecture. Was going through some of the more recent NE coasters, and they just mostly looked the same, not all, but most. The architecture and custom supports are great, but the coasters themselves just all look the same. Not too many of the rides really venture out of the basic B&M real world designs. Lift->Drop->Inversion->Inversion->Inversion->Inversion->MCBR->Twists&Turns->Interlocked Corckscrews->End. Or they do a near copy of the Incredible Hulk design, with a launched lift going into some sort of loop, then into a ordinary B&M course. That's great if you want to play it safe, but seems boring to me.

I went for a more unique design I guess. Looks viable from my point of view, and goes through the course very nicely, hitting around 27-24 MPH at the top of all the inversions. Here are a few screens. As you can see it begins diving into a small tunnel, then launching riders upward into a fan turn. It continues after that hitting a small loop then flying into a very large cobra roll type inversion. After that it propels the trains down a steep drop into a helix, after which riders puncture into the mountain side flying into another small loop. Riders then take a twisting dive into a large traditional cobra roll before reaching the end of the ride.

It's no where near finished, and I don't know if I'll have the heart to finish it. This game is so slow compared to what I'm used to these days. ^_^

Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Looks like a cool idea, but the pacing seems to be too fast.
  • Tycoonman%s's Photo
    Download and watch for yourself.

Download
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    that looks pretty cool especially with the mountain/hill !
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    big thumbs up from me.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    I like the idea you've got going, but I feel it needs more to it. Maybe expand the helix on the right side of screen 1 and add one before the brake run?
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Sorry, I don't like it yet. The layout doesn't look more interesting than a realistic B&M layout to me and I think the surroundings you've built near the station are pretty boring. Also, I don't like the coaster nor the train colours. I look forward seeing more finished screens and some architecture.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading