Theme Park Discussion / Fuji Q's Eurofighter

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Fuji Q in Japan is building a new Launched Eurofighter. its been a while since we had any info so I did a quick search today and DAMN....

Posted Image

Posted Image

What in the world do they call that thing on the right?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Something new to try in RCT :p
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Looks like a giant zero-g and just a weird overbank turn to me. Am I missing something :S
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Inclined inverted tophat. :p I think it's a really interesting element.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Yeah the element looks awesome to me.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Yes, I believe we'd call that element an "awesome" here in America.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    that thing looks so cool !
    where are they building it ?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Fuji Q perhaps?
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    It's like a Cobra roll that decided to be an overbank... Look's sick nevertheless!
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    It looks like a cobra roll that does not go down all the way in the corkscrews.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Reverse banked Cobra roll? Well idc, this coaster looks sick
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    And how about the safty after the earthquake?
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    I wouldn't worry too much. All Rides in Japan are built to withstand Earthquakes by law. Almost all of them have a system to evacuate from any point on the ride. Such as those walkways that make older Japanese rides so distinct.

Posted Image

And many have way more supports than usual

Posted Image

So if any countries rides was prepared its Japan's.
    As far as the Recent disaster goes.. it seems FujiQ is holding Benefit concerts this week for charities relating to the disaster.
    I guess it is far enough inland to have not suffered the worst. Tokyo Disney would have been much less fortunate though.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Love this coaster so far. Based on pics at RCDB, the coaster will have an indoor segment similar to saw the ride at thorpe park. The top hat style loop looks pretty intense. That "cobra roll" is also very unique, however is that considered an inversion and if so is it only one?
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    The tone in your posts Louis are always so fucking stuck up.

These are awesome steps toward the future of coasters! LOVE IT
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^Have you not seen the avatar? Put two and two together. I'm a judging bitch that is always looking down on everyone. I bring love when it's needed and take it away when it's not.

And answering the question as to whether it's one or two inversions, it's only one. It enters, inverts, exits, meaning only one inversion, whereas a Cobra enters, inverts, exits, enters, inverts, exits.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    If you look closely that element doesn't actually invert in a proper way...
    It twists before the overbank so it is sideways in that turn so it doesn't invert I think, looks pretty sick nontheless and it'll be a pain to try make this element in the game, do I hear impossible I'm afraid.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^That's what I orignally thought. But then I thought well it gives the rider the sense of being upside down so it should be counted as an inversion.

However, it's just another inversion debate like the Intamin Impulse that has the 60* spike instead of the 90*.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I'm no physicist but i believe the "cobra roll" element should provide a very unique zero g roll. Nonetheless, this is a great leap for Gerstlauer Rides and the future of coasters.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

I'm a judging bitch that is always looking down on everyone. I bring love when it's needed and take it away when it's not.

and that's why you're an admin and we're not ! :D

on:
    I think it isn't an inversion even though ppl feel like being upside down they really aren't.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    2 Videos of the construction.... And yeah you must see these.
    I was speechless before but now..... that thing is HUGE.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=X7nVX_OdyAM

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

A) What kind of crazy ass drop is that?
    B) How many inversions will this thing actually have... looks like 7 or 8 so far.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading