General Chat / Burj Al Arab Advert

• Turtle%s's Photo
    A couple of months ago, I got a job working as a stunt diver in Dubai. I got it through my agent in London, and it was all very last minute and rushed, so I didn't really have time to find out what I was doing apart from the bare essentials.

Well I got to Dubai (interesting place), and spent a brilliant four days with some great people shooting a new advert for the Burj Al Arab hotel.

Posted Image

I was lucky enough to stay there for four days, as part of the shoot took place in the hotel and on the helipad, and had a great time being thoroughly well looked after. The people are fantastic, and the rooms were ridiculous (might upload some photos later on).

Finally, after a few months of editting, the advert is finally done. I found it on YouTube, uploaded by someone from the Jumeirah group (who own the hotel), and now the chief of editting has given me access to a copy. Thought you guys might be interested in seeing it. I believe it's to be shown throughout the world, released on TV later this month.

Burj Al Arab - Leave The Ordinary Behind
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    whoah... is that jump cgi?
  • posix%s's Photo
    ££££ :)

great stuff.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    My brother has been there once, and told me it's an amazing hotel.
    Looking at this commercial makes me even a bigger fan !
  • Steve%s's Photo
    holy shit jem you're gonna be famous. i agree with sammy, that has to be cgi... right?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    if it isn't... you're the most badass badass ever.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    So ... where do we see you? Or are you the guy who is jumping off?
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Wow Jem, wow.
    Amazing. Congrats!

"MFG"
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Congrats,great job
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Shit, that was awesome! Congratulations on a sweet gig.
  • gir%s's Photo
    That's pretty phenomenal, well done!
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Damn Jem, that's so fucking cool.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Hot Stuff
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Yeah Cena, I am the guy jumping off. Thought you might have got that from "stunt diver"! :D

Thanks guys.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    WOW dude nice, I can imagine the view up ther being pretty spectacular...
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    I read that they do also play tennis on the heli landing platform.The ballboys must have parachutes then,lol.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Ah cool Turtle, I thought that would be you but wasn't sure. Were you the guy who was very good at something with gymnastics?
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    That's awesome Turtle.

What other stuff do you get to do as a stunt diver?
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    jw, is that you too in your dp ?
    and is this your only job?
  • JDP%s's Photo
    shit was epic dude
    -JDP

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading