RCT Discussion / Launch tunnel

• sircursealot%s's Photo
    How do I successfully make one? I get two pieces done then it says roller coaster in the way. Can anyone help?
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    The key to any tunnel is to build the tunnel track and the coaster going through it in opposite directions so the two tracks won't try to merge. Build the coaster track up to where you want the tunnel, start special build mode, build tunnel track in opposite direction, click build through and finish the coaster track.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    But then how do you get the heartline track over the top of that without the tunnel dissapearing as you build?
  • posix%s's Photo

But then how do you get the heartline track over the top of that without the tunnel dissapearing as you build?

yeah, that's what I've been wondering.
    Maybe the coaster is merged with one of the tunnels?

About one tunnel,
    I'd just do it with "Zero All Clearances". I think that's easier.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    That's what I've been using, zero all clearances. Should I use special build mode?
  • posix%s's Photo

That's what I've been using, zero all clearances. Should I use special build mode?

Just make sure you build the tunnel backwards and it should be fine.
    Of course you can use Special Build mode aswell if you like that better. I personally don't like "Build Through"... it never really worked right for me...
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    Okay, thanks for your help everyone! :)
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    when putting heartline over a slide with the track in the slide..i did have troubles

RRP told me how to do it though...
    You build the ride one way and the others backwards through it after zero'ing all clearances.

If you need it doing giz a shout
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    I dont think there would be a problem with it. The tunnels from the ghost train aren't considered strait track, so they would merge with the strait track of the coaster. Then you are free to build the Heartline coaster in the opposite direction as the coaster. At least it works in theory...
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

I dont think there would be a problem with it.  The tunnels from the ghost train aren't considered strait track, so they would merge with the strait track of the coaster.  Then you are free to build the Heartline coaster in the opposite direction as the coaster.  At least it works in theory...

MA, I'm using the enclosed water slide. :)

Now that I figured it out, I got another n00b question (bear with me). How do I make an underwater river rapids? I followed the RCT Station tutorial, but it didn't work. ???
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Start Special Build with the water lowered already
    Build the water ride
    Execute build thru
    Raise the water
    end special build thru.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    Thanks mantis! I didn't know I had to build build the water ride in special build mode.

One problem though: it looks like shit. Land is popping up and dissapearing. 8@
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    After you finish your hacking, always use 'restore clearances' and then 'end special build mode'. If you don't restore clearances then everything will look glitchey (ie disappearing and reappearing) and if you don't use 'end special build mode' than there's a possibility your savegame will become corrupted (and that would be BAD).
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

After you finish your hacking, always use 'restore clearances' and then 'end special build mode'. If you don't restore clearances then everything will look glitchey (ie disappearing and reappearing) and if you don't use 'end special build mode' than there's a possibility your savegame will become corrupted (and that would be BAD).

That's what I did, but it still looked fucked. :'(

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading