(Archive) Advertising District / Highball's Magic Kingdom

• Highball%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Posted Image

The Magic Kingdom Hotel
    Standing proudly over the entrance to the Magic Kingdom, The Magic Kingdom Hotel offers the ultimate Disney resort experience with its gleaming exterior, intricate gingerbread trim and picture perfect location. Guests staying in this opulent Victorian hotel can enjoy unmatched views of the Magic Kingdom and relish in amenities unavailable to other guests including an indoor pool and the convenience of being located immediately next to Disneyland Parks monorail station and bus terminals. In addition, The Magic Kingdom Hotel features unmatched dining experiences with three fine restaurants, a quick service restaurant, and an exclusive lounge.

Posted Image

Lillian & Walt’s- Located on the top floor of the Grand Lobby, Lillian & Walt’s is the premier restaurant at the Disneyland Resort and blends fine contemporary American cuisine and world-renowned wine pairings from an award-winning cellar with personalized butler service and an elegant setting featuring breathtaking views of Main Street, U.S.A. and Sleeping Beauty Castle. Please note that a dress code is required:

Men: Dinner jackets with dress pants/slacks and shoes. Ties are optional (Please no jeans, shorts, sandals, flip-flops, or tennis shoes)
    Ladies: Cocktail dress, dressy pant suit, skirt/blouse or nice dress. (Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes)

Posted Image

Goofy’s Kitchen- Rub elbows with Chef Goofy at this whimsical all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet featuring traditional American cuisine. The whole brood will chow down in smiles while the likes of Goofy or any assortment of his culinary pals roam the restaurant. Character Dining is offered at breakfast and dinner only.

Steamboat Willies- Dine in style- animated style that is! This unique restaurant features everything in glorious black and white, from the walls and décor, to the ceiling and even the service! Families can enjoy their meals to the tune of classic cartoon songs while such vintage stars as Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit meander through the restaurant. Character Dining is offered at breakfast and dinner only.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    He's back! One of the best disney parkmakers ever, this truly is an example of that.

EDIT: I thought you had another project like this going that i saw a topic for like 5 or 6 months back. Is that this, or something else?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    YES! That's all I have to say. :)

Oh, your custom trees were the inspiration for mine (check out Piraña; you'll like 'em!)
  • nin%s's Photo
    Very, very good. I really like the first two screens, can't decide which is my favorite!

I do have issues with the third however, as the brown roof to the walkway to the left looks disgusting; nasty texture there (looking back at it, the pics themselves don't look very high quality, or that it was about to rain in-game. Maybe has something to do with the roof texture?). The windows don't look too great as being white, looks too bright, maybe try gray or teal?

I also can't tell if the supports for the victorian decor are too flimsy or not, maybe extend the 1/4 pieces all the way up onto the archways rather than just end at them? There's a noticeable transition between what is the support piece, and the wall that is the arch.

Not a fan of the path either as I think it's too dark, but I don't see you changing that.

Overall though, it's looking really nice. Glad to see you still showing up every now and again.
  • Highball%s's Photo

He's back! One of the best disney parkmakers ever, this truly is an example of that.

EDIT: I thought you had another project like this going that i saw a topic for like 5 or 6 months back. Is that this, or something else?

It's the same park. It's been so long that I figured I'd just start another topic with new updates.

YES! That's all I have to say. :)

Oh, your custom trees were the inspiration for mine (check out Piraña; you'll like 'em!)

I checked it out, very nice. Like the rapids alot, too. It had some very cool features.

Very, very good. I really like the first two screens, can't decide which is my favorite!

I do have issues with the third however, as the brown roof to the walkway to the left looks disgusting; nasty texture there (looking back at it, the pics themselves don't look very high quality, or that it was about to rain in-game. Maybe has something to do with the roof texture?). The windows don't look too great as being white, looks too bright, maybe try gray or teal?

I also can't tell if the supports for the victorian decor are too flimsy or not, maybe extend the 1/4 pieces all the way up onto the archways rather than just end at them? There's a noticeable transition between what is the support piece, and the wall that is the arch.

Not a fan of the path either as I think it's too dark, but I don't see you changing that.

Overall though, it's looking really nice. Glad to see you still showing up every now and again.

I don't know what's wrong with the screens I take. They're all coming out pretty bad quality but some are more obvious than others. I promise the white windows aren't as offensive in game. Some of the supports are 1/4 tile objects and some are walls. I didn't realize I had done that til you pointed it out.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Damn.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    That's some pretty darn good stuff!
    Too bad of the quality kill!
  • JDP%s's Photo
    dude, i was wondering what happened to you. looks sharp
    -JDP
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    you're back! my favorite disney park is not gone forever!

honestly I don't know how you do it. your work is not nearly as detailed as the other disney parks under construction but it is the most perfect, and absolutely disney. you capture the feel and architecture and everything so well!
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    this is insane.. :bandit:
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    3 almost perfect screens. The only thing that I don't like is the path type you used, but that's just personal I guess...
  • Croustibapt%s's Photo
    Wow. As a Disneyland Paris' enthusiast, I just love what you've done here.

It's really beautiful! ;)

Well, will this park be peepable?
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I LOVE the idea of the maze for the hedges!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    It's an object. :lol:
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    great architecture wow really stunned me... most anticipated park of the year besides the belgian hard rock park
  • ThrillsChills24%s's Photo
    Love the hotel! :)
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    I seen your work time ago and it blew me away. It really made me step up my game in architecture. Im so glad your back building and i look forward to following this topic. The only thing i could suggest is to use more glass windows instead of the non transparent rct ones. Cant wait for the next update. ;)
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    I absolutely love these screens, the park, and all your work. As for the actual update; the screens and their descriptions; I really wish you would try to depict those ideas (the descriptions) in-game, rather than having to explain them here (though some ideas such as the hotel's location and it's views are see-able in-game, there's also ways of depicting that a diner's all black and white and such things as characters being present etc.)
  • Highball%s's Photo
    Main Street, U.S.A.
    Your gateway to the Magic Kingdom, Main Street, U.S.A. harkens back to a time in America when the horse-drawn streetcar challenged the horseless carriage for right-of-way and gas lamps were being replaced by new electric bulbs. Enjoy the boundless charm, optimism, and hospitality of a small town during the early 1900's as you stroll past Victorian stores, take a ride on a fire engine and cool off at the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlour.

The Magic Kingdom Railroad- All aboard! Board an old-fashioned locomotive for a nostalgic, grand circuit tour around the Magic Kingdom. These gorgeous, Victorian-style steam trains make stops at Main Street, U.S.A., Frontierland, and Liberty Square. Keep those cameras ready, because you never know who or what you will see on your journey!

Tony’s Town Square Restaurant- Inspired by the Italian trattoria from Lady & the Tramp, Tony's Town Square Restaurant serves Italian cuisine that includes pizza, paninis, pastas, and salads, not to mention classic meat and fish dishes. Find all your favorite Italian meals here in this family-friendly restaurant with a wall of windows that provides a peerless view across Main Street U.S.A.

The Plaza Gardens Restaurant- Victorian elegance abounds in Main Street's oldest building: antique furniture, porcelain, bevelled mirrors and velvet drapes, all in sumptuous shades of pink and green. Here, the whole family can enjoy a generous selection of starters, main dishes and mouth-watering desserts, right by the Castle! You won't know which dessert to choose!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    Your architecture skill is clearly visible! However i dont like the roofing in the first screen. I know that fascades are one sided but in the first screen, looking from behind, the roofs just seem forced. Mainly the triangle and square shapes that i can see. Its only a minor problem imo, but if the back of these buildings are as plesureable to look at as the front then itll be much better. I love your detailed walls and colours, exept the blue roof in the first screen, pale red like the "Gibson Girl" sign would fit well. From what i can already see, you can use glass windows. I suggest using more. Maybe use them on the second floors of your buildings too. IMO glass windows are so much better looking than the non transparent window objects. This is a personal matter though. One last thing i can recommend is that you create planters for the trees. They dont look too good just placed on path. Overall though i really like your work! As ive pointed out your architecture skill is above good and your ability to blend colours is just as impressive. Recommendations for the future are to work on your path details. I mean little things like planters and sitting areas etc. Either create or get some lamps on the paths too, its little details like this that can make a massive difference. Im looking forward to seing more screens from you! :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading