(Archive) Advertising District / Highball's Magic Kingdom

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    what goes in that massive grassy area under tomorrowland? looking amazing though, so close! this could be my favorite park ever when finished...

btw, I like the black rooves. they look sort of classy and distinguished, and gives it a unique atmosphere that you don't get very often.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    This is amazing. Love your architecture. That overview is stunning.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Oh my good lord this is great, dude! I've missed seeing you around here. Everything is fantastic. I'd love to see some rides. Please tell me you're doing the ride scenes in the insides!
  • Highball%s's Photo

what goes in that massive grassy area under tomorrowland? looking amazing though, so close! this could be my favorite park ever when finished...

That grassy area is where I'm moving Tomorrowland. The plan is for Discoveryland to be where Tomorrowland is now and Liberty Square above that.

Oh my good lord this is great, dude! I've missed seeing you around here. Everything is fantastic. I'd love to see some rides. Please tell me you're doing the ride scenes in the insides!

I'm going to try to do some ride scenes. Truth is I'm probably going to run out of map data before I get close to finishing the park, but I'm going to keep going until I hit it.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Fix up the roofing and pathing like Nin said and serious Spotlight contender right here.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    don't fix up the roofing and pathing I luuuuurve it
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    Everything looks awesome highball, and that overview is :X/> edit: found better word, spectacular.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    AWESOMES
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Damn good!
  • posix%s's Photo
    Beautiful
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Astounding.
  • Felipe//%s's Photo
    Pretty good stuff! Changing the dark brick path to the brighter one could integrate and compliment the screens, imo!
    Resort area looks promising by now!
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Wow Highball, you're still going! :D
    Screens are amazing, like we're used to see from you.
    The scale is something special too, as NE usually only digs minimalism, but that seems to have changed reading the comments. I love seeing a larger scale, and back in the days it was basically only me, you and RCTNW building like this, but I hope more people will experiment with some larger scales.. It makes having peep friendly parks a bit awkward though as they look like hobbits in a themepark :p

Keep going :)
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    very fresh to look at. I love it. Only thing, do you plan on putting benches around the tables??
  • Highball%s's Photo

Wow Highball, you're still going! :D/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>
    Screens are amazing, like we're used to see from you.
    The scale is something special too, as NE usually only digs minimalism, but that seems to have changed reading the comments. I love seeing a larger scale, and back in the days it was basically only me, you and RCTNW building like this, but I hope more people will experiment with some larger scales.. It makes having peep friendly parks a bit awkward though as they look like hobbits in a themepark :p/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

Keep going :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

Good to see you're still around too buddy. Gotta love our big scale parks, I gave up on being peep friendly a long time ago.

Posted Image

Frontierland celebrates the trailblazers, settlers and pioneer spirit of the Old West. For big adventure, head over the mountain for the wildest ride in the wilderness on a runaway railroad car when you ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Dine in western style at the Diamond Horeshoe or take in a mighty fine show at the Golden Nugget Saloon. Take a raft across the rippling waters of the Rivers of America to discover lost adventures on Tom Sawyer Island or enjoy a relaxing cruise on the Mark Twain Riverboat. And don't forget to check out those rootin' tootin' Country Bears at Grizzly Hall.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Climb aboard a runaway mine train on a fast-paced thrill ride through the barren landscape of the Old West. Travel deep inside Thunder Mesa's iconic gold mine as you learn about the legend of the Thunderbird and the danger it brings to those who disturb the mountain. Remember to "hang on to them hats and glasses," because Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is "the wildest ride in the wilderness"!

Tom Sawyer Island
    Journey by log raft across the Rivers of America and discover an idyllic place influenced by the works of Mark Twain. Arrive at Tom’s Landing and embark on a self-guided expedition into the heart of early America. Wander dusty dirt roads lined with sycamore and oak trees and amble across creaky suspension bridges. Navigate narrow passages amid secret mined caves and uncover an age-old fort. Along the way, follow in the pioneering footsteps of the frontier’s early settlers, during an era when Mark Twain and Tom Sawyer reflected an America coming into its own.

The Country Bear Jamboree
    Clap your hands and sing along with the Country Bears to a medley of country ditties. Drop into the rustic frontier cabin known as “Grizzly Hall,” and make your way through a cozy lobby, where classic portraits of performers past and present mingle with a collection of musical instruments. Step inside the charming theater—home to 5 stages brimming with decorative wood-carved prosceniums and hanging red curtains—and take a seat before the lights dim and enjoy a 16-minute, foot-stompin’, back-slappin’ musical revue celebrating America’s country-western heritage.

Mark Twain Riverboat
    Cruise back in time on an authentic steam-powered paddlewheel riverboat. Mark Twain Riverboat is a 14-minute sightseeing voyage aboard a recreation of the glorious 19th-century riverboats that carried people and cargo up and down the mighty Mississippi.

The Lucky Nugget Saloon
    Have a rootin', tootin', hip-hollerin' good time at the Lucky Nugget Saloon, where the table service frontier-style grub will knock yer boots right off. Belly up to the bar, sit in a private box or take a seat down on the main floor during live performances of the Lucky Nugget Revue to be close to the energy and excitement. Reservations strongly recommended. Call 1-800-DLR-DINE for showtimes and reservations.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    awesome as always. how much changed is this from the original?
  • Highball%s's Photo
    As in the whole park or just Frontierland? So far the hotel, Main Street, Adventureland, and Fantasyland have all been completely rebuilt. Obviously New Orleans Square and Liberty Square are completely new, and Tomorrowland will get a heavy makeover. As for Frontierland, I'd say about 45% of it's original facades weren't redone, but I did add stuff to them.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Are you still making this in scenario editor? i remember that being my only hesitation about this project. I love the work, its gorgeous, but ride-scenery-peep interaction is my number 1 in terms of importance, and thus far we have yet to see a ride. If you can get some awesome, fun rides in there this could be on spotlight-watch for me.

FK
  • Louis!%s's Photo

AWESOMES

• chorkiel%s's Photo
    That rock object in the last screen looks terrible.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading